Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buzlok #problems.

Gahrzerkire

So I have a bit of a different suggestion.  I think that the marking shot should do damage, maybe 3-5 times the normal shot.  It will still mark targets for the tracking bullets and will still cost 10 ammo, but it will deal heavier damage.  This way we can use it as a sniper while zoomed in or to mark targets for the tracking bullets.  But i feel that using 10 rounds just to mark a target is a bit too much, I tend to use less then 10 rounds just to no scope kill em.  A way to cancel the mark would be awesome too, i like the zoom in to cancel idea.

Why not just remove a preexisting tracking bolt when you fire another tracking bolt?  Seems like you'd never need more than one anyway!

Becauase as mentioned earlier if you shoot a wall you can create a "beam of death" for enemies to run into.

So I have a bit of a different suggestion.  I think that the marking shot should do damage, maybe 3-5 times the normal shot.  It will still mark targets for the tracking bullets and will still cost 10 ammo, but it will deal heavier damage.  This way we can use it as a sniper while zoomed in or to mark targets for the tracking bullets.  But i feel that using 10 rounds just to mark a target is a bit too much, I tend to use less then 10 rounds just to no scope kill em.  A way to cancel the mark would be awesome too, i like the zoom in to cancel idea.

I agree, but then shouldnt the marking shot be hitscan? Thats another thing the marker should be a hitscan shot, and the follups should not be. Now your probubly thinking what will it shoot when a track is not out? Travel time bullets. But it needs to be able to hit harder. For a gun that is so massive and shoots such large advanced bullets it needs more damage. (Increase the Status, Boost Puncture and Slash, Change the damage to Blast, Increase Crit.) All good previously mentioned ideas.

More on the Trackers though mabye they should make it like the needler the shots just track whatever enemy you happen to have your sight on?

I don't know. I think there should probably just be an "unmark" function. I can see some great reasoning to have a gun track targets that are dead(example: killing a guy in a room, and then using his body to slaughter all of the enemies coming through the door from that room).

Suggestion for the button combination that will be used to cancel the tracking is to push reload while aiming down sights, OP if you like this please edit it into your post.

I like the general unmark idea but just being able to hit a button and have it unmark would be better, and way more effecient.

I don't know. I think there should probably just be an "unmark" function. I can see some great reasoning to have a gun track targets that are dead(example: killing a guy in a room, and then using his body to slaughter all of the enemies coming through the door from that room).

Unmark function! Yes.

I say give regular shots without the tracker slight homing, like if you're slightly off aim, they'll home into an enemy, but also keep the current homing capability when you have a tracker placed.

That's a good, idea though how major would the tracking be? and if they do do this it should prioritize the enemies that are closest to the center of your rectal/sight.

How about keeping the punchthrough not working but if 4 or more bolts hit one target it explodes (like the Needler from Halo) thus sort of making up for it in some small form of CC. It would be perfect for me then ^^

More explanation on this please its an interesting idea, however I Dont like the idea that it cuases the target to explode this is Warframe not halo, but what do you mean by keep the puncthrough not working? like have your tracker shots go through your target and hit the ground? or have 4 tracker shots on one target mean boom? I am curious.

More explanation on this please its an interesting idea, however I Dont like the idea that it cuases the target to explode this is Warframe not halo, but what do you mean by keep the puncthrough not working? like have your tracker shots go through your target and hit the ground? or have 4 tracker shots on one target mean boom? I am curious.

Basically in Halo (yeah this weapon is not 100% original but who cares..) the weapon would deal damage to the target hit but if too many are in one place (doesn't even have to hit somebody) they react with each other and cause a minor explosion.

As for punchthrough not working, we need some weapons that kind of have certain mechanical limitations (provided they exceed in others) so the Buzlok can have its useless punchthrough.

Other ways to balance it other than a mini explosion is having the bolts just explode outwards in random direction, dealing damage (miniscule).

4 was a random number, this value can be random too thus making the weapon more unpredictable.

Jut some random ideas :S

Basically in Halo (yeah this weapon is not 100% original but who cares..) the weapon would deal damage to the target hit but if too many are in one place (doesn't even have to hit somebody) they react with each other and cause a minor explosion.

As for punchthrough not working, we need some weapons that kind of have certain mechanical limitations (provided they exceed in others) so the Buzlok can have its useless punchthrough.

Other ways to balance it other than a mini explosion is having the bolts just explode outwards in random direction, dealing damage (miniscule).

4 was a random number, this value can be random too thus making the weapon more unpredictable.

Jut some random ideas :S

Ahhh I like it, so your suggesting essentialy that they leave punch through screwing over tracking rounds but as compensation when four rounds are in the same area they explode. I like it. (UPDATE 6 INBOUND).

God... with this guns rate of fire.... Jesus that would be a hell of a lot of explosions. 

Ahhh I like it, so your suggesting essentialy that they leave punch through screwing over tracking rounds but as compensation when four rounds are in the same area they explode. I like it. (UPDATE 6 INBOUND).

God... with this guns rate of fire.... Jesus that would be a hell of a lot of explosions. 

More ideas:

Punchthrough can be helpful in this way:

Removing the damage reduction which is followed if you target somebody behind an enemy. The bullets would still go into the target at full damage but the enemies in front receive 80% less damage from it, punch through could alleviate this. 

If you did not target an enemy it goes to the closest enemy in front (so it won't run circles around you, which would be hella annoying).

Note that I haven't actually use this weapon yet, 3 days and I could contribute more :)

More ideas:

Punchthrough can be helpful in this way:

Removing the damage reduction which is followed if you target somebody behind an enemy. The bullets would still go into the target at full damage but the enemies in front receive 80% less damage from it, punch through could alleviate this. 

If you did not target an enemy it goes to the closest enemy in front (so it won't run circles around you, which would be hella annoying).

Note that I haven't actually use this weapon yet, 3 days and I could contribute more :)

Thats actually a really cool idea so it essentially has innate punch through for obsticals on its way to the target. I really like that cool mechanic would be very useful and remove the need for a damage buff. It would turn this weapon into a purely skilled based gun. 

To add to that:

Easy fix when punch through is applied the bolts hit every traget the Tracker shot went through then head to the resting place. So if you have a line of enemies running toward you and you shoot your tracker shot through all of them the following bullets ATTEMPT to go through every target the tracker went through.

( I have been using the gun I have just been focusing on the forums because I really want it to be improved. Honestly even where it is it is one of my favorite guns, it just really needs a buff in some areas becasue they are too lack luster.)

I like the general unmark idea but just being able to hit a button and have it unmark would be better, and way more effecient.

i chose that method since it is similar to how you cancel charge weapons, also you arre right about it unmarking when they die as well.

Alrighty so more problems with this weapon. SPLIT CHAMBER FRICKAL FRACKALS THE MARKER! We need split chamber and punch through to TURN OFF during the marking process. Also why did DE add a weight to the marker shot? the thing has  a rang of like 20-30m before it runs out of mementum and hits the ground. FIX THIS PLEASE!

Tracking shot should do no damage

Keep the reduction in ammo when you do it

It feels far more like a sniper then anything else...

OR

if it were a sniper

Tracking shot takes no ammo

Tracking damage does no damage

Damaging shots - act as sniper rounds do

5-10 rounds in mag

Just my 2 cents

-Phyrak

Tracking shot should do no damage

Keep the reduction in ammo when you do it

It feels far more like a sniper then anything else...

OR

if it were a sniper

Tracking shot takes no ammo

Tracking damage does no damage

Damaging shots - act as sniper rounds do

5-10 rounds in mag

Just my 2 cents

-Phyrak

It doesnt feel like a sniper to me. Not at all unless they make the tracker shots Hitscan. Or similar to the seer it will never be a sniper. It is far more effective as a situation sniper with full auto capabilities. It works like the boltor prime with a secondary fire option and 10 damage reduction.

It doesnt feel like a sniper to me. Not at all unless they make the tracker shots Hitscan. Or similar to the seer it will never be a sniper. It is far more effective as a situation sniper with full auto capabilities. It works like the boltor prime with a secondary fire option and 10 damage reduction.

What about an alternate fire mode?

First gun in game to switch between rifle and sniper! XD

The tracker shot has to have 0 damage anyhow for it to work

I don't want to alert anyone of my presence when I shoot the tracker shot

If not, I would just use it as heavy rifle with an auto tracker which feels like a sniper...

Please boost the speed of the Tracker shot too. Being in a "sniper zoom," I would assume that the tracker bullet would have a faster velocity to hit a "distant" target. It's almost like putting a magnifying glass to a sling shot  (I don't even know if that's an appropriate metaphor...lol)  

But I feel that increasing it's speed may help it thrive better in warframe's fast paced action.   Thoughts? 

Easiest Fix:

1) Remove the "tracker" or "marking" shot from aiming completely.

2) Give the gun a SLIGHT passive homing effect.

3) Increase damage of shots made when aiming by 45% (but keep the semi auto fire mode during aiming affected by speed trigger and shred mods)

keep everything else about the gun the same apart from maybe a little crit boost and my freinds we now have a perfectly fun gun to use which is neither overpowered or too broken to use.

#Agreed#understand. . Damage isn't so good but i understand that it is compensated for seeking bullet. 2 Problems I can agreed to that needs change about this weapon is that it needs a Hitscan for tracker and better Accuracy ( Tested: Putting heavy cal on this weapon makes it USELESS (Tested on other sniper, this sniper has the Worst Accuracy) Also (Tested: The tracker round. Almost un-target-able to Impossibly target-able when trying to snipe moving target ). This 2 issue MUST chance.

Edited by -----.__.G.O.D.__.-----

#Agreed#understand. . Damage isn't so good but i understand that it is compensated for seeking bullet. 2 Problems I can agreed to that needs change about this weapon is that it needs a Hitscan for tracker and better Accuracy ( Tested: Putting heavy cal on this weapon makes it USELESS (Tested on other sniper, this sniper has the Worst Accuracy) Also (Tested: The tracker round. Almost un-target-able to Impossibly target-able when trying to snipe moving target ). This 2 issue MUST chance.

Dude, this isn't a sniper.  If it was, it'd use sniper ammo.  I'm glad they kept it to rifle ammo, it would suck if it wasn't.