Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Abilities 1,2,3,4. Were Moddable Separate From Warframes

_Raiklar_

What if the Abilities for the Frames were automatic and not mods But were modable with agumented stats. They would still have there abilities as we know them. but you could change the stats yourself instead of DE nerfing or buffing you could do it yourself or change the way they performed.

My Ash's Blade storm would become Serrated Typhoon. And the extra plus is it wouldn't have clones or only be 2 seconds with only half the damage of true damage and would be able to clear whole maps like in the good old days before the change .

But back to my question. Would you be for or against.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

Touching on R34LM's idea, what if they made it so that your warframe abilities could be leveled up like warframes and weapons. Heres a few key points to the idea:

- The level cap for abilities would be 15

- Each level up, the base stats of the mod slightly increase (ie every 5 levels would equate to what is 1 rank on the mod card currently.) so at max the power functions like its max mod form.

- Powers would be permanently equipped to the warframe  if their mods were taken out, and each ability earns maybe a small share of XP from your warframe. Used powers will gain more XP than others.

- There could be a sub interface for Powers, where, you can equip one general mod that would apply to ALL powers, then each Power has a 1 mod slot that affects only that power. The general shared mod would be in your warframe's mod slots. Of course the mods you can use are limited to only the warframe category of mods. So no serrations, jagged edges, etc etc.

So essentially its a sub leveling system that replaces the need to put ability mods on the warframe.  I'm just spitting out ideas here, I'm sure in reality this would be a terrible way to work with abilities but hey this is my two cents.

While I understand where you are coming from OP, if we were able to mod abilities it would have to be severely limited like I suggested. Still its a nice idea in theory

Against. This would remove the individuality of each Warframe.

Basicly this. Seeing a Rhino teleporting around and stabbing targets all agile like would also feel kinda odd.

That said i do think DE were making general powers that all frames could use. They did a vote for it on the Design Council once but that was some time ago so im not sure if it has been dropped.