Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushers

ROXXXY

OK, personally I find people who take FOREVER and open EVERY locker / container far worse than rushers, so let's implement a new feature where if you can't keep up, you get booted out of the game and have to find a new lobby. But no, that's ridiculous. It completely eliminates the slower playstyles. So why should you, who obviously hasn't put enough effort into learning warframe so that you can learn to keep up, get to say that rushers are bad? Guess what, I used to be where you are at the moment. Mastery rank 10+ clearing levels in the blink of an eye. But did that inspire me to make a forum thread *@##$ing about how 90% of this community plays this game is dumb? No. I LEARNT the game and LEARNT how to keep up. That's what you need to do.

Edited by The_Rising_Dusk

Simple fact is true rushing (as in rushing and avoiding most fights) is counter to group play.  So solo/premade is the best option for that, that way you dont even have to wait those 60 seconds or more at extraction.

Rushers actually lose nothing by going solo, people playing fast or more explority do have something to loose going solo.  Warframe isnt a racing game it is a shooter afterall.

Warframe unfortunatly isn't so much a team co-op game (players supporting each other and working togeather with gameplay synergies to achieve the goal) as just a team game (everyone doing their own thing to achieve the end goal, with little or no support or synergy between players)  little to no cooperation is really needed.

Simple fact is true rushing (as in rushing and avoiding most fights) is counter to group play.  So solo/premade is the best option for that, that way you dont even have to wait those 60 seconds or more at extraction.

Rushers actually lose nothing by going solo, people playing fast or more explority do have something to loose going solo.  Warframe isnt a racing game it is a shooter afterall.

Warframe unfortunatly isn't so much a team co-op game (players supporting each other and working togeather with gameplay synergies to achieve the goal) as just a team game (everyone doing their own thing to achieve the end goal, with little or no support or synergy between players)  little to no cooperation is really needed.

Non-rushers lose nothing by going solo too.

Again, if you play in pubs, you sign the waiver that says you have to put up with whatever crap gets thrown at you.

It seems to me that most people are kind of missing a more important point: Rushing is way more fun the further you progress into the game for most people I would assume. Your weapon damage easily outscales anything the game throws at you in regular missions and clearing a room within seconds is a trivial matter - so instead of going slower only to travers empty rooms of dead enemies or chase after some stragglers which will keep respawning anyways you will naturaly speed up since you stay in combat this way.

I almost exclusively play pubs and very rarerly I see someone who just ignorers all enemies, instead most people take a run&gun approach and the better they are at it the faster they rush through the level. So the complaint rather seems to be that the game doesn´t do a good job of matching players with similiar skill/equipment.

This also answers why "rushers" don´t just go solo. It isn´t only about time efficiency but also about seeking out enjoyable combat and it is naturaly more dynamic with more players around, gives a chance to compete or show off or help each other out. This might seem weird to some but actually when rushing I am (almost) never alone, there are always people who keep up.

If you want further proof for this try keeping up with fast people and count how often people wait for you at a lift (from my experience it would easily be above 90% and I kind of doubt I am just lucky with pubs). Most people give others a time window to catch up in case they are close - they don´t want to block your progress and they do want others to keep up.

P.s.: I am aware that people sometimes use the term "rushing" in a different context but the truth is a good group of run&gunners isn´t that much slower than a person who simple rushes past evrything but when looking at posts like the OPs it seems clear to me that for a lot of people not the play style but simply the speed is the issue.

I think what's really needed here is a system to group up people that want to play a certain way. Wanna just chill and open lockers? Cool. Wanna go fast and get the reward at the end? Go for it. Otherwise, this conflict of interest is only going to create a deeper rift in Warframe's community, which is something we really don't need. 

And at one point you wont need that 100 Nano Spores from random locker. Why do people rush? Because they have seen all tiles for 1 000 000th times and dont need more resources when they have 100 000+ of the same.

Whats the point in exploring if you dont need anything?

He's right. Complaining won't make things better.

P.S. Do you honestly believe players wouldn't rush an event like this? You're talking crazy.

My own experience tells me that rushing on ceres gate crush (and on some other missions - like when tried to rush sabotage back to school alert - one of nightmare mod - while they were still nightmare alerts) may not always be best idea....

question is what do you mean by rushing as well - is you mean trying to move as fast as possible forward because you are so weakened that you die from a sniff in room next to the one you are in then Its totally understandable in that mission....

anyway - on ceres I've met only (on pubs) rhino primes and valkyrs....

It seems to me that most people are kind of missing a more important point: Rushing is way more fun the further you progress into the game for most people I would assume. Your weapon damage easily outscales anything the game throws at you in regular missions and clearing a room within seconds is a trivial matter - so instead of going slower only to travers empty rooms of dead enemies or chase after some stragglers which will keep respawning anyways you will naturaly speed up since you stay in combat this way.

I almost exclusively play pubs and very rarerly I see someone who just ignorers all enemies, instead most people take a run&gun approach and the better they are at it the faster they rush through the level. So the complaint rather seems to be that the game doesn´t do a good job of matching players with similiar skill/equipment.

This also answers why "rushers" don´t just go solo. It isn´t only about time efficiency but also about seeking out enjoyable combat and it is naturaly more dynamic with more players around, gives a chance to compete or show off or help each other out. This might seem weird to some but actually when rushing I am (almost) never alone, there are always people who keep up.

If you want further proof for this try keeping up with fast people and count how often people wait for you at a lift (from my experience it would easily be above 90% and I kind of doubt I am just lucky with pubs). Most people give others a time window to catch up in case they are close - they don´t want to block your progress and they do want others to keep up.

P.s.: I am aware that people sometimes use the term "rushing" in a different context but the truth is a good group of run&gunners isn´t that much slower than a person who simple rushes past evrything but when looking at posts like the OPs it seems clear to me that for a lot of people not the play style but simply the speed is the issue.

I agree with you on this issue. I mostly play in pubs and in the past week or so, there have only been 2 occasions where people didn't wait, and both times the person who pushed the button got S#&$ for it.

I think what's really needed here is a system to group up people that want to play a certain way. Wanna just chill and open lockers? Cool. Wanna go fast and get the reward at the end? Go for it. Otherwise, this conflict of interest is only going to create a deeper rift in Warframe's community, which is something we really don't need. 

Yeah, this really is a must. I would like it if DE took some time off making events/weapons/warframes and focused an update cycle on gameplay and mechanics. A new matching system would be nice, as well as making the game a bit more co-operative (Powers that work together and warframes that buff each other).

Edited by Lakitel

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hate rushers apart from me. Like once I was in the Gate Crash Event and some Loki and Zephyr paired up and rushed the whole event with me getting barely any XP, loot and mods. This always happen just before I click the play now button and I join some random game. I also play as Rhino with vanguard helmet and I am still slow. Even with a decently ranked rush mod, I feel soo slow compared to the rushers who zoom past me and insta kill everything.

Keep in mind that they might want to go for the top 10 clan ranks, either way Gate crash is not the best place to farm XP since your warframe gets a huge nerf, and of course if they are trying to get top 10 clan rank they could have just make a private game.

I am rusher myself but prefer playing solo so I don't have to wait ages for my team mates to come to extraction.