Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin

ProtonHorse

Hello, guys !  

I've been thinking about this for a while and I think it would be really cool if they put back in the game the Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin, even for a limited amount of time. 

What do you fellow tenno think about this ?  

Thank you in advance for leaving your opinion here. 
P.S. I hope i've posted this in the right place.

Cheers, 

· R · 

The only way I see it coming back, is if they decide to bring it back during the aniversery of the game.

Would be nice to see them make yearly additions though, maybe they could add something new each year.

For example:

One year: Proto skin

Two years: Proto skin, 2nd year item

Three years: Proto skin, 2nd year item, 3rd year item

etc.

Realistically though, I think they might just release a new item each year to keep them exclusive.

Edited by Shuuro

Realistically though, I think they might just release a new item each year to keep them exclusive.

That is the whole point of exclusive items. They exclude those who didn't meet the requirements for attaining them. If you didn't have enough money at the time to purchase the limited time exclusive, you didn't meet the requirements and you are excluded from attaining the item. It's kind of a crappy mentality, but it's not without it's logic.

Complaining that you can't attain an exclusive item is one of the most counterintuitive and pointless things you can do with your time.

I'm not upset over the fact that I didn't get that awesome glowing event badge. I'd like one though, admittedly.

What i would like to know is if you guys like the idea ?   

I wouldn't like it, and it has nothing to do with them making an exclusive available again. Instead, they need to focus on releasing a new exclusive item.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

Yea i know that it was for the anniversary . 

But let's say there's a chance that they put it back. 

What i would like to know is if you guys like the idea ?   

I wouldnt mind if its only for another anniversary. Though i am also okay with them making the proto excalibur skin tradeable.

That is the whole point of exclusive items. They exclude those who didn't meet the requirements for attaining them. If you didn't have enough money at the time to purchase the limited time exclusive, you didn't meet the requirements and you are excluded from attaining the item. It's kind of a crappy mentality, but it's not without it's logic.

Complaining that you can't attain an exclusive item is one of the most counterintuitive and pointless things you can do with your time.

I'm not upset over the fact that I didn't get that awesome glowing event badge. I'd like one though, admittedly.

I wouldn't like it, and it has nothing to do with them making an exclusive available again. Instead, they need to focus on releasing a new exclusive item.

True. Exclusive would be more rational, especially since it's an anniversary type of deal.

Then again, we have seen the come back of the Brakk, Detron, and Cicero mods.

In the end, exclusive is probably what it's going to boil down to.

There wasn't such thing as ''Exclusive Skin'' 

'' Also, marking this special occasion, the Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin has been unearthed. Available for a limited time only, this ancient skin is a reflection of Tenno past. Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating the relic point to ancient origins, perhaps even pre-dating the Orokin Empire.
Visit the in-game Market to purchase and add this limited time skin to your Arsenal today. Available now through 11:00 AM Pacific on April 21st.
  • This skin was added in Update 12.6, and was only available for a week, from March 27, 2014 to April 2, 2014. The skin is currently no longer available in the Market.  
  • The Excalibur Proto-Armor Skin was available for purchase for 26px-Platinum64.png150. This skin is no longer available for purchase. ''

Edited by ProtonHorse

I would like to own both Dex Furis & Proto-Armor, I didn't play at that time & missed it. Should have been up for at least a month if not all time. That is one of the few things I miss on my account right now, I got almost everything I could get on warframe (other than prime-access stuff, too much for me), and I don't own it only because I didn't play at that time. Next time give us reactors and similar and let the special skins and stuff stay on market, it would be a nice & fair thing for those who might miss it for some reason.

The fact that I missed the chance to get this armour makes me VERY sad.

I remember seeing Dark Sector when it was going to be what Warframe is now, then following the game through its development to find out they were changing the style of the game to what Dark Sector is now.

I purchased the game on the Xbox and completed it 6 times as I loved the concept and the Glave of course. Then they FINALLY released the game on the PC, not the best port but again allows me to play an awesome game.

I saw someone in game with the armour and searched franticly through the market to locate a purchase for the skin, after I was unable to locate the armour I search the internet to find out it was a one off instance and the likely hood is it will never come around again.

All I an say is WTF, this is one of the best looking Warframes created.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, give us another chance to purchase this item!