Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Be A Good Trader.

Rayxen

Here I'm not writing about prices, that's a different story. I'm writing about how bad the people in trading chat sometimes are.

Now let me show you a clear example of "bad" people in trading chat:

2i0rd7c.jpg

This guy tried to sold me a maxed Redirection for 180p (which I thought was a bit too much, and maybe I've been a little bit too harsh) so he:

1) WROTE EVERYTHING USING CAPSLOCK (it is quite annoying to see)

2) Insisted with the same price 2 times (people won't just change their mind magically)

3) Sent that NOPE right after i wrote the price (he was probably waiting to write that)

4) Intimated to go away after making him notice that he was using capslock.

I know i've not been extremely nice to this guy, but I can't stand people that act this way.

Then there are people that are not "bad" but do things that may annoy people (they may not even notice). Take this as an example:

xclyew.jpg

So I've been trying to get a Primed Chamber for a decent price (5000 is not a good price, 3500 is, if you're willing to pay, also, don't judge me ç_ç ) and this guy sent a pm to me. I want to focus on 4 parts:

1) He asked the price first. This may annoy people, but I think everyone has the right to do that. After all , you always have the right to decline the offers.

2) The "then, why do u ask?" is a trade killer. Even if he was only curious that sounds really bad. Sometime people just want to ask for the price because (like me) they don't have the plat in that moment.

3) If you want to sell, sell. if you're not sure about selling something, don't sell it. It is extremely annoying when someone is like "No I'll keep it".

4) This is something really good everyone should write at the end of a trade, even if it failed.

We should try to make the trading chat a better place :D

The reason people use the phrase I'll keep it means that they don't like the price that they're selling it for.

It's like I got a maxed Serration but the person you're selling it to states his highest price is 200, so you don't wanna sound rude, just say that you'll keep it.

I had made a suggestion for Trade tab filters to clear up the tons of spam filling that hinders trading.

however this is more so just the fact of how people are in trading. Some think what they have is worth hundreds. when they are clearly in the wrong. As someone who sells items for quite low for efficient sales, its disappointing to see this because this is how people really are, But of course they are the stubborn ones who will cut off  deal if you try to knock off 5 plat off a 200+ plat trade (I have personally experienced this, its silly) and the ones who have absolutely no idea the worth of their items.

But you're right this is something that can never  be fixed. Its always going to be an "under the rug" issue for DE until it gets out of hand. (Which it kinda already has)

The reason people use the phrase I'll keep it means that they don't like the price that they're selling it for.

It's like I got a maxed Serration but the person you're selling it to states his highest price is 200, so you don't wanna sound rude, just say that you'll keep it.

This is true but not always, take my example, I didn't have a "price" for it (unless this guy was a fool and wanted to sell it for 10k plats which very few people have, maybe even less than the ones that have that mod).

Anyway a "sorry not enough for me" sounds way better to me.

I do have a good chuckle over this topic especially when the seller asks for the buyer's price. I find it very backwards when the seller asks the buyer for their price.

Sure you can haggle but when a seller asks for the buyer's price right away, it usaly means that the seller has no idea the amount they want or if they actualy want to sell at all.

something like that happened to me too:
someone was selling a max vitality, so I talked to him and offered him a maxed guardian mod (here's what it does http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian) and to me, this mod was awesome, saved me many many times, and it really should be a rare mod, anyway, I offered him the mod and I said it's rare, because it only drops from the secret room void containers, so he said "bs, it's a common mod for sentinels".....
I mean, just saying "well, it's a common mod, not rare" or "sorry, I don't want it" it good enough :P

Hello, SpikedFox

while reading the forum i came across your topic and would like to share my opinion on the matter.

First off, i agree with your first part about the bad behaviour of some people in the trade chat.

Experienced it myself, where the other guy even started to verbally provoke me
after i told him why his offer was unreasonable from my point of view.

And now to your second part, what you write and describe is a really subjective standpoint,
to be precise, it's your personal point of view.

For example, if i had to judge about you from the way you write and use of emoticons in these two screenshots.

(e.g.  D: or  xD /  I-ve instead of I've)
I would find you personally really annoying.

At least if i was to encounter you and trade with you in the trade-chat, a stranger.

To note, i would not confront you or anyone else directly
and tell them the way they write or express themself is annoying me,
unless they are rude, cussing or overusing capslock.
But then i could just quit the sales conversation and ignore/block that user
if he or she was to keep bothering/harrassing me via PM.

You(everyone, not just you SpikedFox) should always bear in mind,
there is always another human that takes part in a conversation.
(even on the internet, excluded cleverbot)

What might annoy you, is totally fine to someone else.
And something you do, might annoy someone next to you, without you even noticing,
since it's something "normal" ( "normal" <- cause what is really normal, right?) to you.

Everyone has their reasons why they write the way they do.
Some are lazy, some might be stressed for some reasons, others are not fluent in english etc...
You see, i could go on and on.

Going subjective on this matter is like comparing favourite colours
and arguing why one's own is better than someone else's - it's redundant.
(We all know green is the best colour anyway...j/k)

I wouldn't have gone any further than "MAX" with the first guy.

People who type from the amygdala like that are almost certainly people who also speak from the amygdala, and I have absolutely no time for them unless someone's bodily or mental well-being is at immediate risk.

Even allowing for the possibility that English might not be their first language, that kind of attitude in communication is something I will walk away from every time (unless, of course, there's a hostage situation or some similar crisis).

It almost doesn't matter what game you're dealing with; trade in any game is full of these gibbering time-wasters.

Used trade twice ... I will never use it again.

It's incredibly annoying and time consuming. 

I'm a big advocate for auction houses in games so I can run in, buy what I need, and carry on with my day without having to have a 5 minute chat and fiddle around with dojo's and invites and that silly trade screen.

I never use trade channels in any game, it's usually the first thing I turn off (full of spam and utter nonsense). I only used it here because there were 2 parts I struggled finding. Twice and never again. It's a horrible system.