Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Macros Allowed To Relieve Finger Stress?

fortris

Question

I'd also like to note that I have not done this yet, this is only an idea that I wanted to make sure is completely safe to do before considering it.

My question is, are keyboard macros (IE a program dedicated to pressing one or more keys repeatedly) allowed in the event that your fingers physically hurt doing so regularly?

An example being, I frequently play Trinity who needs to use 3 abilities quite often, Energy Vampire, Link, and Blessing. Would it be a bannable offense if I were to make a toggle to repeatedly press the 2 and 3 buttons on my keyboard, essentially removing the need to do it manually, since this will cause me a large discomfort in such short periods of 5 minutes (when a survival mission can easily go for 40 minutes or longer).

All the macro would do is press the 2 and 3 keys rapidly to give me a lot of relief in the event that my fingers start to hurt from doing so manually. This is a function made available by the pre-existing keyboard software I've used for years, but have yet to do anything in Warframe for fear of being permanently banned, as I've put a lot of time and money into this account and enjoy the game very much.

9 answers to this question

As far as I'm aware, one of the dev addressed this on a live stream.

The response was something along the line of 1:1 macros are okay. But binding, say several to a key (Example: to copter with one button press) was NOT okay. 

So I believe setting one to fire a semi auto instead of clicking rapidly Should  be okay, so long as it;s not used to achieve an abnormal rate of fire.

As far as I'm aware, one of the dev addressed this on a live stream.

The response was something along the line of 1:1 macros are okay. But binding, say several to a key (Example: to copter with one button press) was NOT okay. 

So I believe setting one to fire a semi auto instead of clicking rapidly Should  be okay, so long as it;s not used to achieve an abnormal rate of fire.

There's max RoF for each weapon.

Also I need to try that coptering, I mean just try it few times to see if I could somehow make it work.

Macro's are fine to use in any game unless their Terms of Services explicitly state they are not.

anyways, Steve also said himself that they're fine to use for Warframe. not that people had really asked for permission first, but that's another story. ;)

so go crazy. and have more fun, since clicky clicky for hours and hours can indeed get dull.

Edited by taiiat

I dont see why they shouldn't be, but I also dont think that they would be able to tell, since it's an outside program. The only thing i can think of is something that sees you having 30 button presses in 1 second and decides something is wrong there.

Edited by Escantell

Macros are fine. Botting is not. The line between them can be blurred - to be completely safe, try not programming any pauses into the macro. 

I use click macros regularly without issue. (Primary fire at different RoFs and a Desecrate Spam button for Nekros).