Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is With Weapons Being Researched And Built With No Polarities?

Scryed

I under stand they have to make money and all, but damn, seems like every damn gun I want to mess around with, no polarities, it honestly makes me not want to play the game anymore cause I will spend so much time trying to level it up I will be burnt out, I just don't understand it, hell at least one polarity so leveling a gun won't be completely annoying and time consuming.

Perhaps the reason we have no -polarities because the intention is for us to level the weapon, enjoy the gameplay, then customize it and invest time and enjoyment into the process of making the weapon better over time?

I dunno, but havign an extra polarity will be handy for most things :D

Edited by Somedude1000

Take a look at the D polarity mods that exists.

Yeah, there's like 12 of them. 12 mods you would rather not use.

for leveling sake a D polarity is still better than no polarity, at least you can put crappy cold damage on a gun for the time being instead of waiting till you have 14 points for serration.

Lol the new ice dual stat ice mods arent even D polarity. But worst part about researching these weapons is when they turn out mediocre even though they have such a high build cost. Research to develop superior weapons ends up giving lackluster results, ticks me off that a bunch of research weapons are S#&$, in my opinion.

Edited by Shreiko

I would understand if the research weapons were so superior that they came with no polarities. Then you could level it up and forma it. Problem is, I can usually buy a weapon from the market that is just as good and requires no forma. I think the moral of this story is buff research weaponsweapons, create distinct tiers, and add a testing facility. I'd like to see some consistency when I invest so much time and resources in something, only to find out "dang, I hate/have something better than this weapon/stance/frame"

One thing that bothers me is how a fair amount of akimbo weapons don't have Polarities, or Polarities different than the single version of the weapon has. One example is the AkVasto, which doesn't have a single polarity even though a single Vasto has a V Polarity.

Also it is a stupid decision (seriously who thought this up at DE) for some weapons to not have the Stance Polarity in the Stance Mod slot.

The idea is to get you to use forma if you actually like the weapon.  If you're just ranking the weapon to gain the mastery points then throw it away, I guess it could also be DE's way of saying, "yeah, well, f*** you too!"

Isn't the AkVasto DE's way of saying "F*** You!" to players who like the Vasto then?

Edited by Sasquatch180

"OH YES PLEASE, POUR MORE FECAL MATTER OVER MY FACE! YESSS MHHHHMMMMM!! I LOVE IT!"

Isn't that what everyone already says when they praise DE for things like the new event mods, or revolt against the idea of nerfs despite the game being in severe need of balancing?

Isn't that what everyone already says when they praise DE for things like the new event mods, or revolt against the idea of nerfs despite the game being in severe need of balancing?

Didn't you hear? This game is mainly PvE, so there is no need to "balance" anything.

God I want to punch people when they say this.

Balance is always a concern, but rather than nerfing the useful abilities into the ground, why not simple make the terrible ability sets and weps and make them Oh I don't know, ACTUALLY VIABLE RATHER THAN JUST MASTERY TRASH?!?

There is a such thing as OVER nerfing. As a former player of Ultima online (Google it kids, you'll see what I mean)  I know when it's happening, and it's already started on warframe.