Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Your Favorite Games (With A Twist! :o)

Eldnacpeek

Cutting to the chase.

I've played a few games in my life that barely had any attention. Some of these games were a company's greatest work, and they go off ignored. I want to hear some of these games from you guys/girls.

List all of your favorite games that never got the limelight back then, or even now.

My List:

3.Dream Trigger 3D-Possibly the least-heard of game on the 3DS. The music was fantastic, the visuals were amazing, and the whole idea of the game was so perfectly abstract, it felt like something ACTUALLY different.

2.Mini Ninjas-I don't know how many of you have heard of this game, because it was great. It was released back around 2009-2010. It did have TV commercial, and that may be the only reason some of you know it. The autenticity of it was astounding, the music was elegant and graceful, sounding like very authentic Japanese music.

1.iNinja-Namco made this. Namco, for god's sakes, NAMCO! A company that's popular, and yet this work goes unnoticed.

It was an epic game about a giant-headed blue ninja, slicing robots and smashing their circuits with anything. Your headband color would change for every Rank-Up, and not to mention, you get a brand new sword to compliment the headband, different look, always more powerful than the previous.

The games' humor was hilarious, almost gut-busting. Also, you gained powers, whether it was riding on a giant, spinning shuriken of death, or enabling a rampage, berserker mode (think of Valky's Hysteria) and everything on the screen glows red, your attack speed is boosted, you can summon random sword explosions with each hit, you revive all your health as it goes on, also, you're invincible.

There's my list. Now go free and spill your mind...

not literally

Clive Barker's Jericho - for many people game was considered the crappiest of craps, and yet I finished it 4 times and had really good fun.

Ah, that "considered the crappiest of craps". I experienced that with the newest Thief installment, well, not "installment" because it was a "reboot". I loved the game, and yet I see a lot of 5/10's and 6/10's and even some major hate. I loved the game, plan on finishin on all 3 difficulties, and then the Custom Difficulty option.

IJI

Desktop Dungeons

Valdis Story

Torchlight 2

Legend of Grimrock

Megatraveller

Lightspeed

Arx Fatalis

anything from Puppygames (ie Revenge of the Titans)

La Mulana

Homeworld 1/2

Stealth Bastard

Spelunky

Tyrian

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

i could go through my Steam Library and data drive and come up with quite a few, but i'm going to just point out the #1 on such a list i'd make.

Ring Runner.

feel free to read my Steam Review of it to get a bit of an idea of what it is. it's not complete though, but i decided i needed to stop typing eventually.

i could have gone on for a lot longer about that game. 

Ring Runner is a perfect example of technical excellence at work. and so few games even strive for technical excellence nowadays, let alone reach it.

and oh boy does Ring Runner look beautiful.

did i mention this was a Kickstarter game made by like, 3 or 4 people?

Edit:

oh, and hot damn, Ring Runner has some beautiful music to go with it's beautiful everything else.

Edited by taiiat

Chrono Trigger.

Forever best game.

Edit: Oh wait, games that never got 'the limelight'

Uhhh

uhhhhhhhhh

*Thinks*

Sword Craft Story series

Boktai series

Valdis Story: Abyssal City

YEEEH, Chrono!

I can also add to the list Element4L for PC, and Flower for PS Vita. Both are abstract games like Dream Trigger, there's a vauge story, but the games focus mainly on visuals and music. Seriously, Flower itself is such a relaxing stress-reliever, I feel the need to carry my Vita around with me.

Element has an interested concept of combining to create one element. The game itself has a beautiful soundtrack and the visuals are just as good.

Also, when it comes to Apps, I recommend "...and then it rained" and "Badlands". Rained got a lot of attention, but it is pretty good, and Badlands had like one day of limelight then disappeared from any attention.

i could go through my Steam Library and data drive and come up with quite a few, but i'm going to just point out the #1 on such a list i'd make.

Ring Runner.

feel free to read my Steam Review of it to get a bit of an idea of what it is. it's not complete though, but i decided i needed to stop typing eventually.

i could have gone on for a lot longer about that game. 

Ring Runner is a perfect example of technical excellence at work. and so few games even strive for technical excellence nowadays, let alone reach it.

and oh boy does Ring Runner look beautiful.

did i mention this was a Kickstarter game made by like, 3 or 4 people?

Edit:

oh, and hot damn, Ring Runner has some beautiful music to go with it's beautiful everything else.

I'm looking at the screenshots/vids of the games, not to mention your full review. I may end up giving Ring Runner a try myself.