The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

Hey devs can i check and confirm that when we fail a mission instead of aborting the mission we still get the rewards?

i just failed the xini defense map and all the rewards (i.e. mods) were blanked out with 0 credits rewarded. This was at lvl 13. If the penalty for aborting a mission has somehow been mistakenly applied to all failed missions i would like you guys to check it out as soon as possible please?

Thanks.

Edit: I would like to confirm that upon failing a mission i indeed do NOT get my other rewards; i noted that i received a few mods during the playthrough that was missing upon failing the Xini mission. Devs, please confirm whether penalties for failure of a mission has been mistakingly linked to intentional abortion of a mission. 

Edited by noobcake

Bring back the old light effect NYX in arms, is nice to change the colors, but i can barely see the new  effect, the old one was better, just stay with the option to change the light color. Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by XxIngridxX

Enemies still get stuck on the indoor corpus ship defense mission. Most often they'll get stuck on the third floor behind the broken elevator shaft. Enemies still get stuck in the back rooms.

Saryn's venom does not transfer over to other enemies once more.

Slash Dash only affects one enemy at a time now.

There are probably other abilities that have been broken.

Edited by Vaskadar

has it been confirmed that it was intentional for failure of missions to no longer gives loot or credits or was it only intended for aborting missions because if it's the prior it's a real game breaker for defense missions in general.

Hey devs can i check and confirm that when we fail a mission instead of aborting the mission we still get the rewards?

i just failed the xini defense map and all the rewards (i.e. mods) were blanked out with 0 credits rewarded. This was at lvl 13. If the penalty for aborting a mission has somehow been mistakenly applied to all failed missions i would like you guys to check it out as soon as possible please?

Thanks.

Edit: I would like to confirm that upon failing a mission i indeed do NOT get my other rewards; i noted that i received a few mods during the playthrough that was missing upon failing the Xini mission. Devs, please confirm whether penalties for failure of a mission has been mistakingly linked to intentional abortion of a mission. 

Experience gain upon failing a mission is still broken and does not work for me. If I fail, the experience on my weapons is the same as if I never even got a kill on the mission in the first place...

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

This will kill the coop game mechanichs: i join a match, i.e. Exta to find Frost blueprints, boss drops helmet blueprint. the host doesn't need the helmet and doesn't need the mod he dropped or he decides anyway to exit from game to gain time in system or chassis frost blueprint farming, the game changes the host but fail (it actually happens the 90% of times) and i lose everything...next time playing alone will ensure me the reward i obtain so i'll play alone.

Sorry for my english and i hope you'll find my feedback useful.

anyway..great game guys!!

Loosing all your collected mods and getting no credits when you fail a mission is a bit harsh. I mean, come on, the only thing you will achieve is people quitting defense raids early because they fear loosing their stuff.

let me clarify my post was not about Aborting if we chose to abort we should lose out. my gripe was with Failed missions. other users within a public game can make ME lose gear/mats/time. no one but myself should dictate if or when i lose out on gear/mats/time.

i saw alot of posts too many to quote that twisted the context of it to abort missions. aborting should be punished within Public/Group play. not so sure about solo. still 50/50 on that

either way till i see a de post commenting on this current issue public play imo is dead.

I appreciate most of the stuff done in this update, but the part where even if you fail the mission, you lose everything you earned is a bit harsh. Not to mention it won't stop farmers from aborting the mission early, if they didn't get what they wanted. Defense missions are now no longer worth the risk of going high, considering you lose everything if you fail, and with all the bugs still in play that can prevent a player from finishing the mission, whether it be from a buggy enemy spawn, falling through the map, etc, such a feature seems unfair to force a player to lose everything they've earned, especially when it's out of their hands. All it achieves is frustrating the players, and discouraging online play (d/cs, host migration not working, etc) as you simply lose everything for no fault of yours. I understand where the feature was coming from, and what it was trying to solve, but in trying to fix an exploit, you've not only failed to remove the exploit, but you're also punishing the entire player-base for what a small minority of people are doing, and making the game more frustrating. If you really want the feature to still be in the game, please, at least make sure there are no bugs that will force a player to abort the mission, at no fault of theirs, and also make it so it only affects aborting, not failing as well. I can only see this discouraging new players who are still learning about the game, only to fail and make no progress whatsoever. 

Onto a more positive note, I am deeply happy about the scaling of the credit rewards based on AI level. Farming Cronus blueprints was boring, so I don't miss that much at all. In my opinion, a very nice feature. I also look forward to trying out the new weapons, they seem quite fun :3

- Fix elemental Mods not stacking properly on projectile weapons (e.g. Bolt/Arrow)

I want to make love to all of you.

As always, keep up the great work guys!~ :D

All this from the last 3 pages. This needs to be addressed... please? Was it intentional that failing would result in losing all pickup rewards, or is that a bug carryover from the aborting process?

Sigh, why would you 'fix' wavedashing. Terrible terrible decision. Otherwise, a kind of good patch, there's some major design flaws behind your decisions, and I could point it out but it's not worth it I guess, not like one person's opinion matters =)

I see the bug that I like to refer to as the "Helicopter Slash" has been fixed it was fun while it lasted.

Dual Zoren + Fury = Teleportation

Edit: bug is somewhat still there but doesn't work as well Zoren still launch you decent distance other weapons such as heat sword don't seem to be able to do the bug anymore.

Edited by Gunninja

All this from the last 3 pages. This needs to be addressed... please? Was it intentional that failing would result in losing all pickup rewards, or is that a bug carryover from the aborting process?

Given how I've run into ragequitting hosts who hosts who abort after a boss dies because he didn't get the drop he wanted, I'll be adversely affected by this patch if I ever choose to join a game. I also see zero reason to ever go past Wave 5 in any defense mission again, ever. I can just exit and get the stuff I know I'll get and start the mission over with the same group, and the first 5 waves are always the absolute easiest anyway.

For anyone who's afraid of a host ragequitting on them in a public match, I'll be happy to let you know that my Ping rarely ever even hits 40ms, I've been host to Loki rushers in the past who ended up dying because Grineer were able to hit them since I wasn't lagging much at all. Also, I make it a point to fully complete every mission that I can, even if I don't get the drop I want from a boss, so no fear of losing any BP/mods/mats dropped up to and including a boss itself if I'm the host. IGN is NalkorRN

Yes, it’s superhamsters, strange visitors from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal hamsters. Superhamsters, who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in their bare paws. And who, disguised as regular hamsters, mild-mannered workers for a great international server, fights a never ending battle for truth, justice and the Tenno way. And now another exciting episode in the adventures of Superhamsters!

it kinda hurts to fail a defense mission after fighting waves of enemies like in Palus, Pluto, and to lose in wave 14 and then not getting any rewards and dropped mods besides from exp. haha. but all in all its a good patch i think. i'm definitely enjoying the game more now.

- Grineer Lancers are now deployed with the Grakata assault rifle

Can you give the Shield Lancers the Kraken, as well, rather than the Sicarus that they currently have? It doesn't make much sense that there's a Grineer burst pistol that no Grineer unit uses, while there already is a Grineer unit that uses burst pistols.

0 Credit rewards are NOT fixed. I am still getting them even in solo.

In addition, AI seems worse then ever for defense. Second defense on Venus, every wave we had to hunt down and kill 3-4 enemies that did not move from spawn.