Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Skill Matter In Warframe ?

Cyberspace100

Put it this way.

If I let someone who had never played before sit down on my account and run a T4 with my usual gear, how far do you think they'd get?

Skill is a factor, otherwise any idiot could sit down and do as well as someone with 1000 hours playtime.

LIke, does it?

If you have the the weapons for it you can destroy everything and anything in your path with no trouble. You dont have to worry about dying cause if you do you can just revive, the enemy your fight are slow and clumsy.

There is no cover system and stealth isnt important( even in a ninja game).

Pulling off backflips and front flips in combat does nothing but look cool. You always go into mission knowing that you will kill everything in like 3 minutes and be back home for tea.

I love this game and i watched a few dev streams, the devs keep saying "WARFRAME IS A GAME OF SKILL" and i am inclined to believe them.

So Tenno, can you give me some examples of skill in Warframe (Molecular prime and a Penta don't count)

Note:This is a real issue in Warframe, and all comments here are made to help create a better game. (aka don't hate me please)

v

I like this idea v

FURTHER NOTE:

here are some PRODUCTIVE reponses

I HAVE PLACED THIS AS A QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED ON THE NEXT DEVSTREAM (DEV STREAM 38). I HOPE THEY ANSWER IT. SEE BELOW

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318444-coming-soon-devstream-38/page-12#entry3600196

Basically, no.

If your definition of skill is "point your aimer at enemy weak spot, press LMB" then yes, Warframe requires skill. Oh, and lets not forget hitting 4 once in awhile for CC/mass death.  But even so, the skill cap is very, very low. Perhaps higher than Space Invaders but lower than Defender.

In my own experience, are basically two answers to this:

1) Gear and DPS are all that matter and STUPID things like FUN don't have any bearing on this game in any way at all.

or

2) Fun is what matters no matter the gear or DPS.

I have seen a Rhino Prime with Boltor Prime, Orthos Prime and Marlok act so clueless in a T4 Defense that the other three of us simply quit on him after reviving him 4 times. I had seen some clueless Rhino Primes, but this guy was the worst.

AND I have seen a regular Excalibur with Mk-1 Braton, Mk-1 Furax and Kunai fighting smart as part of the team, staying close, supporting us all. We TORE through a Nightmare Alert on Pluto like a hot knife through butter.

Skill matters. it is not the be all and end all, but it matters.

Most of the content can be run through without need for cover, higher ground or any positioning advantage whatsoever. You are actually rewarded for raising alarms because that means more resources will drop and there is virtually no penalty for it. No single enemy will ever outgun you in a direct fight unless you let them scale for atleast 1 hour and with few fully duration moded frames (Valkyr, Loki) not even then. Yeah, I agree the skill cap required to "beat" the game is currently very low.

Put it this way.

If I let someone who had never played before sit down on my account and run a T4 with my usual gear, how far do you think they'd get?

Skill is a factor, otherwise any idiot could sit down and do as well as someone with 1000 hours playtime.

Did that actually. She got to 5th wave before the pod got destroyed, but it was solo and never died. I stand by my statement.

Edited by -skimmer-

Quite simply no. It's an intrinsically easy game. The only time skill matters is if you're doing long as T4 survivals or something where you all need to be co-ordinated to control spawns and stay together, and you need to be fast and accurate so you can kill enemies fast enough to get the required volume of personal life support. Other than that no. You can derp about and be fine, just pick rhino. 

Edited by HalcyonH66

You still need it in a pve game. If you run around like a headless chicken, you won't go anywhere either.

Sure, but Warframe is a shooter after all like many others where almost all you do is point enemy and shoot and try to not get hit too much, everyone can do that but not everyone one can master the parkour/wall run/wall vault/coptering, that takes a lot of practice so to me the real skill resides there.

stalker farm with low weapons that requires s***load of skill, never made it though lol

But... if you do that...? You are having FUN.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT! That is... heresy of the worst possible kind! This video game is NOT about FUN! It's about showing off how leet and uber you are! Not about something silly like 'fun'.

Summon the executioner before he infects more with his heresy! Off with his head! DOWN WITH FUN!

NONONONONO

I mean if all enemies had Tenno abilities, this would become the new normal and players would have to adapt to it.

those wouldnt be normal enemies then. In all honesty just allowing enemies more weapon options would make more sense and provide the challenge you seek. What your suggesting is making run in the mill enemies basically all leader types just instead of an aura they have abilities that only effect themselves or you.

But... if you do that...? You are having FUN.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT! That is... heresy of the worst possible kind! This video game is NOT about FUN! It's about showing off how leet and uber you are! Not about something silly like 'fun'.

Summon the executioner before he infects more with his heresy! Off with his head! DOWN WITH FUN!

i didn`t really understand most of what you said, but for the fun bit:

Fun is the main reason to play, the reason games were created for the players, if a game is not fun no one will buy it or even care about it 

i didn`t really understand most of what you said, but for the fun bit:

Fun is the main reason to play, the reason games were created for the players, if a game is not fun no one will buy it or even care about it 

It is a joke. It may not translate well.

For some people, fun is mashing the '4' button over and over a thousand times and doing nothing else.

Some people find fun in crushing numbers until they bleed. In making each and every decimal point match up.

For some? It is speeding through every level in 20 seconds flat. If you can SEE any of the scenery, you are going too slow.

For others? Finding a challenge. Like taking what everyone says are the worst weapons in game and dominating with them. I know one player who uses the MK-1 Braton exclusively. Another who took to the Glaxion. Another who JUST uses the regular Glaive (Not Prime) That is their fun.

For me? Fun is working with a team. Supporting my team and doing missions with teams of people I don't know just to do it. I think skill has it's place. But generally, I just solo for skill related stuff. Less stress that way.

Too many people whose fun lies in trying to ruin mine.

Edited by Kalenath

It is a joke. It may not translate well.

For some people, fun is mashing the '4' button over and over a thousand times and doing nothing else.

Some people find fun in crushing numbers until they bleed. In making each and every decimal point match up.

For some? It is speeding through every level in 20 seconds flat. If you can SEE any of the scenery, you are going too slow.

For others? Finding a challenge. Like taking what everyone says are the worst weapons in game and dominating with them. I know one player who uses the MK-1 Braton exclusively. Another who took to the Glaxion. Another who JUST uses the regular Glaive (Not Prime) That is their fun.

For me? Fun is working with a team. Supporting my team and doing missions with teams of people I don't know just to do it. I think skill has it's place. But generally, I just solo for skill related stuff. Less stress that way.

Too many people whose fun is ruining mine.

i agree with you, sometimes ppl tend to annoy others for fun, i once had two vaubans litterly planting the ground with bounces in sechura..........

1xqvkPb.jpg

srry about the post misorder, browser crashed while uploading

Edited by Bizzaro21