Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tons Of Crashes.

-I3lack

Question

Hello, I'm pretty new to the forums, so, if this is in the incorrect section, please move it.

Around 2 days ago Warframe was running good and nothing was wrong but then it started crashing. I login perfectly but after 3-5 mins of game time, it crashes. I haven't played a game for 2 days now, it's annoying. Is this a server problem or is it from my PC? How can I fix it? Please reply quickly. 

EDIT: if it helps you, one or two times it showed up an error saying "graphic driver stopped working and has recovered" something like that. Tried updating graphic driver but it was already up-to-date and tried disabling and enabling again, still the same issue.

12 answers to this question

I often get crashes for a few days after a patch. but I saw a post earlier where someone discovered that the latest patch automatically turned on direct x 10 and that was causing their issues. I know for sure direct x 10 gives me issues and even when you turn it on manually it gives you a warning about being unstable so when I get home I plan to check that and make sure mine is turned off as it should be.

EDIT: if it helps you, one or two times it showed up an error saying "graphic driver stopped working and has recovered" something like that. Tried updating graphic driver but it was already up-to-date and tried disabling and enabling again, still the same issue.

Probably your hardware problems. I'd love to know which graphics card you are using. Most likely it's that.

I've been getting the same problems, tons of crashes and I havent played for 2 days now. I use the ATI mobility radeon hd 5730 graphics so im not sure if its that problem, although I have a feeling its something to do with direct x 10. The crashes usually happens when i go into my navigation on the ship...

Probably your hardware problems. I'd love to know which graphics card you are using. Most likely it's that.

Really? Most likely it is that? With no information you are going to diagnose a hardware issue? Stop helping people, your help is not help. 

For the OP a lot of people get that message when they crash and it can have nothing to do with your hardware. But just in case try something like furmark to diagnose a graphic card issue/hardware issue. If its only happening running WF then play with some of the settings and trouble shoot  that way, turning things off one at a time and seeing if that stops the crashing.  

I don't think so, it only happened twice then after that it was just crashes. My Graphics card is a bit poor, Intel HD Graphics, but it was running warframe on medium. This started to happen since the last patch, the helmets and the rifle one.

I was having the same problem, turning off direct x in the start-up menu options seems to have fixed it.

Mind telling me how to do that exactly?

I don't think so, it only happened twice then after that it was just crashes. My Graphics card is a bit poor, Intel HD Graphics, but it was running warframe on medium. This started to happen since the last patch, the helmets and the rifle one.

Mind telling me how to do that exactly?

On the launcher, click the widget icon. Uncheck the dx10 and dx11 options.

I would say:

Uninstall all graphics drivers, including the updater tool

Uninstall warframe

Reboot your computer

Download Ccleaner and run it, its very easy.

Re-install graphics drivers

Re-install Warframe

Reboot again before running Warframe

that's what I had to do a while back.

also, check to see what DX version your graphics card is capable of.