The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 38 - Remove Powers From Drops, Idea For A Work Around

Otaku1988

ok if DE is going to remove Frame powers from Drop tables to fix codex, and some fames use didnt lvl mods for builds

The how about the abittly to set rank on the mods after you Max it out this 1st time? so all you need is 1 cards/mod and every time you put the mod on the frame it asks what rank you would like, and with the loadout system, it can remember the rank you set it to, for fast swtching

Just in-case some people want an easier read

Just going to fix because some people might not understand

"If DE is going to remove warframe powers from the drop tables, and some frames didn't level mods for builds, then how about the ability to set the rank of the mod after you max it out? So all you need is 1 mod card everytime you put the mod on the frame, and it gives you the ability to set what rank the mod is once applied to the frame, and with the loadout system, it can remember what rank you set it to, for fast switching."

I agree that we should just be able to select the rank, but because I know people are going to start talking about underclocking any powers, I think it should stick to warframe powers exclusively (for now).

Edited by SgtFlex

ok if DE is going to remove Frame powers from Drop tables to fix codex, and some fames use didnt lvl mods for builds

The how about the abittly to set rank on the mods after you Max it out this 1st time? so all you need is 1 cards/mod and every time you put the mod on the frame it asks what rank you would like, and with the loadout system, it can remember the rank you set it to, for fast swtching

Well, according to Steve, he HEAVILY hinted at something like this coming for U16. Even started randomly talking about overclocking/underclocking.

Yeah I saw what you did there Steve!

Or have all abilities available, make them more powerful as you reach level 30 and reserve those 4 = polarity slots for utility mods.

And make them unforma-able so they can't be abused.

I really dont know why they didnt just do this from the start lol

They talked about something in the future (maybe U16) where we wouldn't even need to have multiple mods of the same kind - nudge, nudge, wink, wink

So probably it will be exactly as you say, being able to freely readjust the level of mods :)

Or have all abilities available, make them more powerful as you reach level 30 and reserve those 4 = polarity slots for utility mods.

And make them unforma-able so they can't be abused.

How about a skill tree for abilities, so players can choose which ability to upgrade and how to upgrade it (duration, range, efficiency, strength). Over time they'd be able to fully upgrade everything.

How about a skill tree for abilities, so players can choose which ability to upgrade and how to upgrade it (duration, range, efficiency, strength). Over time they'd be able to fully upgrade everything.

This was the system in Warframe Closed Beta, it was deemed too limited for combat creativity and was replaced with mods.

Edited by Twilight053