The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Big Is The Player Base On Pc Right Now?

(PSN)Gage_VH

(In advance, I'm not really sure if this is General Discussion, it seems like it would be to me)

I took a break from Warframe for awhile, logged back in and the amount of players on PS4 is saddening. There was about 30-40 people in Region chat (NA Servers) and barely anyone posting on Recruit/Trade. I'm expecting for U15 to bring back some folk but for now it's kind of difficult to play the game. 

Edited by (PS4)Gage_VH

Over 10,000 players in all hours of the day active at the same time, says Steam.

And I would bet a good majority of players don't use steam so... 

That's reassuring I guess the D word took a chunk out of the console player base. (Hopefully for not too long)

I don't get how people always say "the most people don't even use steam" when steam is pretty much now the one (and almost only) PC games distributing platform and is now the industry standard and "go-to" solution for anyone that isn't EA or Blizzard.

I almost feel like it's like people saying "But most people don't even use Windows".

If Steam says 15K active at any given moment then I would bet that the non steam game accounts are actually just a minority that just add a little cherry on top.

After all most of the popularity for WF is from friends recruiting new people and steam itself.

That out of the way...I don't doubt that the WF base on PC is the biggest...and I have no clue who is 2nd. Could be both PS4 and Xbone...while PS4 had it for a while and thus has a stable base...Xboners just recently got the game and to them it's new and exciting.

Edited by Shehriazad

(In advance, I'm not really sure if this is General Discussion, it seems like it would be to me)

I took a break from Warframe for awhile, logged back in and the amount of players on PS4 is saddening. There was about 30-40 people in Region chat (NA Servers) and barely anyone posting on Recruit/Trade. I'm expecting for U15 to bring back some folk but for now it's kind of difficult to play the game. 

you realize that people no longer get auto logged into region right? at least im pretty sure thats how it works these days, you actually have to type first or your name doesnt show.

Dont trust the listed number in region as im sure more than 40 people are playing lol

Edited by Echoa

Are you aware of the newly implemented Chat system where it now only lists the people that actually input something rather than a massive list of everybody? It also does not update tabs unless you linger in them a bit. Before the first thing I would do was tab through all the chat's when I logged in and then continued to redeploy my extractors, check alerts/invasions, foundry and chose my layout before I opened chat again and it would be full of entries for me to browse.

Now you actually have to have the chat open to get all the chit chat that goes on. It might be easier to get a overview but it also makes people feel that there are a lot less players on. I frequently see posts in region like "lolz only 3 ppl in recruiting" and other similar statements. Destiny have for sure caused a chunk of the playerbase to move on but there is still a healthy dose of players around. The new chat system just undermines that by being efficient.

The chat no longer tracks all users. You need to type into the chat for your name to show.

There are more than one region.

I do have to say that they need to remove the chat region lock that is put on when you choose a language....

Korean chat is dead...so I have to choose...Korean language or an alive chatroom. Quite annoying.

The chat no longer tracks all users. You need to type into the chat for your name to show.

There are more than one region.

Oh okay I didn't know that you had to actually type to show up now.

I'm aware that there is more than one region, that's why my post specified NA. :p

I'm not sure though. I online almost everyday and often jumps from region to region, but it seems to me servers like oceania, south america were scarce of active players, asia came in third place(weirdly enough I still found japanese players on mission such as alerts but none of their names came up on the region chat(is there a connection between this and the udp ports setting?). Oh and I found that These region are "dead" as in no one in trading tab T_T.

Mostly north america-east that still got accesible active players at least in my case anyway.

Wops sorry, just realize the op asking for pc, I look at the op being ps4 user so I kinda response without hesitation.

Edited by (PS4)Grievermode

I don't get how people always say "the most people don't even use steam" when steam is pretty much now the one (and almost only) PC games distributing platform and is now the industry standard and "go-to" solution for anyone that isn't EA or Blizzard.

I almost feel like it's like people saying "But most people don't even use Windows".

If Steam says 15K active at any given moment then I would bet that the non steam game accounts are actually just a minority that just add a little cherry on top.

After all most of the popularity for WF is from friends recruiting new people and steam itself.

That out of the way...I don't doubt that the WF base on PC is the biggest...and I have no clue who is 2nd. Could be both PS4 and Xbone...while PS4 had it for a while and thus has a stable base...Xboners just recently got the game and to them it's new and exciting.

I bet there is a huge amount of players that dont use Steam. I am one of them. I dont feel like I miss anything.

Are you aware of the newly implemented Chat system where it now only lists the people that actually input something rather than a massive list of everybody? It also does not update tabs unless you linger in them a bit. Before the first thing I would do was tab through all the chat's when I logged in and then continued to redeploy my extractors, check alerts/invasions, foundry and chose my layout before I opened chat again and it would be full of entries for me to browse.

Now you actually have to have the chat open to get all the chit chat that goes on. It might be easier to get a overview but it also makes people feel that there are a lot less players on. I frequently see posts in region like "lolz only 3 ppl in recruiting" and other similar statements. Destiny have for sure caused a chunk of the playerbase to move on but there is still a healthy dose of players around. The new chat system just undermines that by being efficient.

Do these changes bother anyone else? I understand trying to improve efficiency, but I felt like adding the box to search for users by letter was a great addition and that it should have been left there. I miss being able to check messages when I'm done with a mission, or after I'm done messing with my loadout or whatever.