Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Catalyst/reactor Duration

Desacrip

As a full time worker, I find that the alert times for these items are way too limited, especially if someone was in a timezone that was 4am when the alert is on. It is even more torture KNOWING that you missed said items with the Warframe alert apps. Could this be adjusted to say...24hours?

May we all find friends and joy as we climb that long, uphill climb!

As a full time worker, I find that the alert times for these items are way too limited, especially if someone was in a timezone that was 4am when the alert is on. It is even more torture KNOWING that you missed said items with the Warframe alert apps. Could this be adjusted to say...24hours?

Every 2 weeks you get a 24h potato alert.

Edited by Shifted

And this is another reason why daily logins help...sometimes. I know your pain, I work full time, married and I have 2 kids under 5 years of age. Keep grinding, you'll get them potatoes trust me I did.

Usually the gf of a friend of a friend of the brother of a friend, ends selling her body for a bucks outside her home, then uses the money to buy the potatoes, it only takes a little effort from you guys, dont be lazy

if random Forma / Potatoes lasted longer... they'd also happen far less often. because Digital Extremes isn't stupid.

it's probably best left as it is. and if they were 24hr.... haha, they'd never happen. like, 0.00000001% Chance to balance that.

@Desacrip
The alerts might be randomly generated, sure, but each alert as a "weight" applied to it that determines how often they appear.

Potatoes have a very low weight because of how valuable they are.
If they were 24 hour ones they would have an even lower weight applied to it.

Honestly you have two options:
1) Wait for the dev-stream "Gift of the Lotus" 24 hour alert every 2 weeks that offers a potato
2) Farm the void or nightmare missions for rare parts/mods and trade them to other players for plat and buy your potatoes that way.

@Tsukinoki Great advice however...farming for items is quite a tedious task, especially when you have little free time. Another problem is the great need of platinum for other uses such as slots for frames/weapons.

I'd much rather a 24 hour alert and have it appear less than miss it entirely.

@Desacrip
Well then, you are guaranteed a 24 hour potato alert after every devstream.  Which happens every 2 weeks on a Friday.
So at the very least you can get 2 guaranteed potatoes per month.

Not fast but as a free player that's what you have to put up with.

And the reason I mentioned trading is that its easy and fast, and fun, to do the occasional nightmare mission or two and once you've collected a few over a few weeks of playing you can sell them without really 'farming' for them.
The secret is to just go "Hey, I want to do a capture mission.  Oh look, I have a few void capture keys.  I'll just do those" and keep what you get.
Eventually you'll get something that someone wants, and without even really trying to and be able to snag some plat that way.

Very rarely do I actually go into void missions and farm and grind them heavily to get a specific piece.  I just play the occasional void mission instead of starmap node and after a few weeks of doing that occasionally I hit up the trading channel and see what I can sell.