Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing In Other Games

CaptainButthurt

Bought Destiny the other day and played with one of my peeps that also plays warframe.

Now they are significantly farther into the game with gear well beyond my own, so when we entered a strike (thats a dungeon for those of you who haven't played it) something hilarious happened. We got paired up with another extremely high level guy and as soon as the mission started, both of them ran past all the mobs in the ENTIRE LEVEL, pausing only to fight when forced to and shot only the boss of the strike when we made it to their arena. It honestly felt just like I was playing warframe again.

So. ANy other games you've encountered this?

The rushing anomaly has spread rampant. 

Pretty sure rushing has always been a thing in grind heavy games. It is just made more apparent in Warframe where grinding early bosses for certain items is extremely common and 70% of the missions we have rarely get played more than once per player.

Pretty sure rushing has always been a thing in grind heavy games. It is just made more apparent in Warframe where grinding early bosses for certain items is extremely common and 70% of the missions we have rarely get played more than once per player.

I think it had sprouted right around World of Warcraft. I had not seen hide nor hair of rushing before that became popular.

There were the older style games where 'rushing' was practiced as a sport to obtain the high score, but not used in the same sense we use it as today.

I think it had sprouted right around World of Warcraft. I had not seen hide nor hair of rushing before that became popular.

There were the older style games where 'rushing' was practiced as a sport to obtain the high score, but not used in the same sense we use it as today.

You know something is funny when content is concepted, designed, created, finalized and improved, yet players feel that stopping an just taking it in is unnecessary.

All that hard work and time invested into the game by the devs simply so players could ignore it and repeat the cycle of only doing the objective  and getting out of the place over and over rather than explore and discover stuff, and fully experience every nook and cranny of the game

Oh wait a minute... I dunno I'm not sure where i was going with that either

Go fast or go home.

In games that are grindy, there is literally no point to killing the hoards of basic mooks after a certain point.

People want to farm as efficiently as possible and the best way to do that is by channelling your inner sanic

You know something is funny when content is concepted, designed, created, finalized and improved, yet players feel that stopping an just taking it in is unnecessary.

All that hard work and time invested into the game by the devs simply so players could ignore it and repeat the cycle of only doing the objective  and getting out of the place over and over rather than explore and discover stuff, and fully experience every nook and cranny of the game

Oh wait a minute... I dunno I'm not sure where i was going with that either

Many players do stop and take it in for the first two or three runs. But after your 60th run it all just starts to blend together.

ow do ye think someone got to max level on day one in Destiny, I bet the same happened in warframe. Oh look, i compared the two, shoot me.

Then there is Tera, another comparison where peole prefer to stay in their little caves(dungeons) and grind all day to 60. Same with Guild Wars 2, another comparison right there(On a roll), where people dungeon grind to 80 never giving a damn about the outside world. they are basically dungeon[basement] dwellers.

Dungeon crawlers[instanced based] games is definitely for them. F the environment, they want to bum rush all the way to max level. That is simply how they roll. the same applies to all games with hot spots. nobody wants to do quests unless it's a dungeon crawler and even so they still grind the same place, run past enemies, etc.

So yes,, Warframe is just like GW2, TERA, Path of Exile, DC Universe, WoW, etc.in that people love to go fast...to max level.

hat is simply the way it works, but what is the psychology in that?

Oh and feel free the cry that I compared warframe to WoW, that should be entertaining. :)

Many players do stop and take it in for the first two or three runs. But after your 60th run it all just starts to blend together.

Grind only to grind endlessly. rather than go through content with different skill sets, they rush to max level only to grind the same content. Oh the irony...