Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Teh Radio Chatter Contest...

Syzodia

Question

I wanted to ask a question on the thread where it was posted but it's locked so I'm making a new thread here:

I know that we're not allowed to submit "altered" recordings but are we still allowed to submit sound effects (recorded or generated)?

For example, in this line:

"Alert, the Tenno! They're here! Requesting immediate back up, at Sector nhune, co-ordinates tok - sevenk - fhuve - Please! Please no! *scream*"

One of my ideas was to have a "SLICE" SFX just before the recording stops. I could simply record it along with the line, or record it separately and  then append it to the recorded line (but then that would no longer be "raw"...i think?).

Or is this contest strictly voice only?

(Even though there're beatboxers and other people who can mimic sound effects anyway...)

EDIT: Darn this is only for US/Canadian residents?

Edited by Syzodia

12 answers to this question

Was about to make my own thread on the US/Canadian limitations.

I mean, what the hell?

I have a really good mic and some fun ideas for radio chatter (involving hydroid and a fearful grineer soldier), do I really need to spend $1000+ dollars to fly over to the US/Canada to submit my lines? This makes no sense.

Voice acting in Australia blows.

Indeed, the whole "For US/Canadian residents only" is rather , well dumb. (most likely IGN's fault, not sure why DE -had- to partner up with them)

As well as the fact that both the News and the Thread over here on WF stated "open to everyone" (seems to be edited now), but of course over at IGN it stated "Only US/CA".

So yeah, and I was looking forward to this contest, since it would be one of the few ones I could actually participate in. (my artistic skills are quite horrible, but "voice acting" is something natural for me)

tumblr_inline_ms9tqwdkVI1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Farris

It really sucks that only Americans and Canadians can enter (says, despite living in America) I would love to hear a Corpus with an Australian or even a British accent.

I suppose DE is looking for voices without an accent though, which mostly happens to be Americans and Canadians.

P.S. I already submitted my entry for the contest *trollface*

It really sucks that only Americans and Canadians can enter (says, despite living in America) I would love to hear a Corpus with an Australian or even a British accent.

I suppose DE is looking for voices without an accent though, which mostly happens to be Americans and Canadians.

I guess this is kind of nit-picky, but aren't the Americans and Canadians the ones who have accents? Where as English naturally comes from England, wouldn't the British accent be not an accent?

On-topic, ya this USA/Canada stipulation is annoying.  Doesn't affect me, being a US citizen, but is clearly unfair. Must be some legal reasons involved with IGN or something.

I guess this is kind of nit-picky, but aren't the Americans and Canadians the ones who have accents? Where as English naturally comes from England, wouldn't the British accent be not an accent?

On-topic, ya this USA/Canada stipulation is annoying.  Doesn't affect me, being a US citizen, but is clearly unfair. Must be some legal reasons involved with IGN or something.

I'd argue that everyone has an accent, but everyone is pointing everywhere because they'd think the accent that they use is the one that is "neutral".

Even if there're legal complications, at least explain why.

Only thing I could think of is that the winning waveforms would be "owned" by DE or something...?

Even then that's pretty silly, because fan-made content and all...

Even if it wasn't strictly tied to the lore, I was also wanting to do a corpus crewman singing a lullaby to his child(ren). Because corpus really are innocent people D:

I don't think accents should be a problem, as long as the actor or actress is fluent enough in English. It would be nice to have Grineer with genuine Russian accents, for example. Or whatever Darvo's accent is supposed to be.

I wasn't going to participate, but it would have been nice to be able to. *sigh* I hope someone does a Grineer heavy gunner recording in my place.