The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Names?

QuasarDecimari

Question

Hoping this isn't in the wrong topic... But I do need help.

In your opinion, what would be the best name for a Tenno with silent, dark, assassin-like qualities?

In short, basically the Stalker, but with supreme and dark traits?

My best name I have come up with is this:

-Vengeful_Shadow

My reasoning is because Vengeance is the act of punishment inflicted or retribution exacted for an injury or wrong.

Shadow is probably the best in this case, because I want to create a dark name. As if the character himself has been moulded by the darkness from his past.

I don't want to compare it this way, but I suppose it's  my best idea. Like Batman. This Tenno is darkened, personality wise, and very skilled. His past and skills allow him to be completely relentless against his foes.

I feel this post is a bit pointless to others, but in actuality, it'll save me a lot of time and stress.

Any ideas for names for a Tenno like this would be great!

Edited by CortGaming

That works too. But in all honesty, I would think twice about making a name like Vengeful_Shadow because I did something like that too.

A year or 2 ago, I made an account called "Death.Reap3r" cause it sounded cool, but I regretted it soooo much, because when someone that I knew saw that name, it felt so awkward. So just make sure you really really like your name because, I had to create a new account not just for Warframe, but for like almost everything. Just something to think about.

Those names sound really.. fobish.. (Dont know if thats the word I'm looking for, but I hope you get what I mean)

Don't go overboard or really "cliche" with you're names

Edited by Currystador

As you have described, I am going for the fear-carrying name. A name that is held, remembered, and feared in the hearts of my enemies. Your advice is also nice in the end. I'll make it a title, but not what defines me.

A name is feared because of who it's attached to, not because of the name itself. Something to keep in mind.

I'm going to put this out there, I had been under the handle of IIIDevoidIII for 8 years now. I feel it really described something I felt strongly about, and I'm comfortable being known as this. It isn't obnoxious, and it stands out amongst a crowd.

It's a great name in almost every regard.

Except ... some people (only me) like to pronounce every name they see phonetically.

That makes you "EeeDevoidEee" because of the (I assume) upper case 'i' letters you used as borders.

Or if they're lowercase "L" then it's "LuhluhluhDevoidLuhluhluh"

So yeah. There's that absurd scenario to think about.

Except ... some people (only me) like to pronounce every name they see phonetically.

That makes you "EeeDevoidEee" because of the (I assume) upper case 'i' letters you used as borders.

I always pronounce it in my head as 3-devoid-3 

Also sometimes it is the people that give you a fancy, feared name. I remember when my friend and I were playing WotR. He painted his helmet red and was so l33t pr0 with his two handed sword, that people started calling him The Mad Red Hatter.

It's a great name in almost every regard.

So yeah. There's that absurd scenario to think about.

They are i's. I enjoy the bordering, and I see what you're saying. 

If you don't want people to complain about your name very often in-game, avoid bordering.

They are i's. I enjoy the bordering, and I see what you're saying. 

If you don't want people to complain about your name very often in-game, avoid bordering.

They're i's, okay but are they Roman numerals?

Also to stay on topic, Opscurus is latin for unknown . Also sounds cool and is remember-able imo.

Edited by (PS4)RyanRFC12345

When deciding a name you shouldn't really set a goal like "I want it to be dark and scary" as it will just make you picky and you may end up settling for something that doesn't fit. 

For example over the years my name has changed 3 times. The first was "DoomDrinker" which was just taken form a fan fiction I read, then it changed to "Brother Icarus" which was the name of my character in an RP I did, and most recently it has changed again to "Classy Jester" 

None of the names really had a goal but they developed on their own and although they are not similar to each other they still feel right to me. 

Am I the only one out there that isn't a professional in this field? Haha you guys are all great! I'm totally rethinking what I was going for. Hopefully my block will end soon. I just can't seem to get ahold of what I want. I have a feeling, though, that once it comes to me, it'll be what I want.

I've gone by a bunch of different stupid names, the current one being "Silent Death" in broken grammar in latin. Remember, if you are going for ominous pick something cool, translate it into Latin.

Edited by MorteTacere

I've gone by a bunch of different stupid names, the current one being "Silent Death" in broken grammar in latin. Remember, if you are going for ominous pick something cool, translate it into Latin.

Haha, ah Latin. English is a bit easier for some people to pronounce (By people, I mean the people of Warframe). But Latin might not be a bad idea.

Huh, so your name is Silent in Latin, based on Google Translator.

Of note, if this is your game handle, PLEASE avoid using anything weird.

If I'm going to /invite someone to my group, (PS4)IIIDEVOIDIII is not going to make the cut, unless there isn't a single other player online, and even then, he's got like a 50% chance, at best.

I find it easiest to remember and interact with names that mean something. So your actual one right now is pretty good for that. What it lacks in "pizazz", it more than makes up for in utility. Nobody will forget "CortGaming", and as it's all real words, it's not too hard to type. Biggest drawback is that most people would likely go with "court" instead of "cort" when remembering it.

If I'm going to /invite someone to my group, (PS4)IIIDEVOIDIII is not going to make the cut, unless there isn't a single other player online, and even then, he's got like a 50% chance, at best.

I find it easiest to remember and interact with names that mean something. So your actual one right now is pretty good for that. What it lacks in "pizazz", it more than makes up for in utility. Nobody will forget "CortGaming", and as it's all real words, it's not too hard to type. Biggest drawback is that most people would likely go with "court" instead of "cort" when remembering it.

Let's not hate on the Mod :P It's a neat name.

CortGaming is just overused by me, and with this being a game I don't show on my channel, I feel like I'm just self-advertising, and that's a guilty feeling. Warframe is my most played game, ever. I want to be a contribution to the game in any way possible, but I can't have a name that links to something like my YouTube channel. If you understand what I'm going for here.

The (PS4) is a tag though hence not optional , although things with a lot of I's and l's can be annoying. For example you don't know what is an I or l. (uppercase i or lowercase L)

The (PS4) is a tag though hence not optional , although things with a lot of I's and l's can be annoying. For example you don't know what is an I or l. (uppercase i or lowercase L)

Interesting bit of magic here, you can tell which is which when used casually.

People are almost always going to put the i before the L because it comes first alphabetically AND is closer to the top-left corner on the keyboard.

Brains, they work in strange yet predictable manners.

Edited by LunarWind

Interesting bit of magic here, you can tell which is which when used casually.

People are almost always going to put the i before the L because it comes first alphabetically AND is closer to the top-left corner on the keyboard.

Brains, they work in strange yet predictable manners.

But what if I was able to predict that and put the l before the I and the I before the l and then said uppercase i or lowercase L for confusion ?