Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Way To Balance Pvp.

Rakshal

Short answer.

Custom lobbies.

Long (okay maybe not that long) answer.

Think of a system like in Halo or CoD where the host can set up certain things how they want it. Maybe have it something like this. You can change things like health and damage multipliers, disable all abilities, just disable ultimates, and disable certain things like weapons or mods. Maybe for conclave the host could change these options before a game and for solar rail conflicts have the leader of the defending clan chance the options when a attacking rail is deploying (this could probably cause some unfair advantages for the defenders possibly). Putting the balance in the hands of the player is the best way to balance a game so that everyone is happy.

Edited by Rakshal

I think this is a good start. I have a question, though.

How would the attackers be able to handle the Defenders making rules?

Not sure. Didn't think that far ahead. XD Guess that is why I put "this could probably cause some unfair advantages for the defenders possibly."

Not sure. Didn't think that far ahead. XD Guess that is why I put "this could probably cause some unfair advantages for the defenders possibly."

Maybe there could be advantages gained by attackers to counter the defender's choices.

"They chose to put up 3 extra panels to hack in the first area? Reduce the timer on each console from 12 seconds to 6 seconds."

Something like that, maybe. "They have significantly more turrets with more firepower and damage in the Core room? The Core loses 12% (or whatever) resistance to all damage."

This would solve all the problems with Conclave PVP, but I can't see how DSPVP could be helped in such a way.

But I think at this point, all the conclave regulars - who are on the forums - agree that a custom lobby with custom settings would fix Conclave faster and easier than most other fixes.  

It almost ties in with my thread on giving players direct control over Conclave balance: DE will never do it, so why not just let the players balance their own lobbies so that if/when someone uses something OP, they can just ban it in their future lobbies!

Yet you provide no constructive argument. -.-

I go into PvP with a Rhino. The only ability I use is iron skin.

1) I could disable ultimates without any consequence to me.

The only weapons I'd ever need would be my melee or one of my bows.

2) I could severely limit conclave ratings at little cost to me

That's why it would be anti-balance.

Now if it only applied to custom conclave matches, sure, why not.

I go into PvP with a Rhino. The only ability I use is iron skin.

1) I could disable ultimates without any consequence to me.

The only weapons I'd ever need would be my melee or one of my bows.

2) I could severely limit conclave ratings at little cost to me

That's why it would be anti-balance.

Now if it only applied to custom conclave matches, sure, why not.

/lol

Iron Skin is bad and Rhino is bad. XD You go into conclave with only a melee weapon you are gonna get destroyed.

Edited by Rakshal

This would solve all the problems with Conclave PVP, but I can't see how DSPVP could be helped in such a way.

But I think at this point, all the conclave regulars - who are on the forums - agree that a custom lobby with custom settings would fix Conclave faster and easier than most other fixes.  

It almost ties in with my thread on giving players direct control over Conclave balance: DE will never do it, so why not just let the players balance their own lobbies so that if/when someone uses something OP, they can just ban it in their future lobbies!

Yeah, I could see a problem with it in DS PvP.

This is a step in the right direction, but in the same ways some players choose to press 4 before left mouse button, the players can still break the system in their favor. I do however like this direction, having a a solar rail set to Melee only would be amazing.