The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Downgrading Clan Tier

Pixel_Terror

I am not entirely sure since I lost some contact with WarFrame lately, but as far as I know, it is NOT possible and they had no intentions to add this feature since it could lead to some nasty situations, namely kicking everyone from the clan, lowering the tier, researching things cheaper, then going back up.

Again, I have not been around much lately, but I am almost entirely sure that downgrading is not possible and will not be possible.

I am not entirely sure since I lost some contact with WarFrame lately, but as far as I know, it is NOT possible and they had no intentions to add this feature since it could lead to some nasty situations, namely kicking everyone from the clan, lowering the tier, researching things cheaper, then going back up.

Again, I have not been around much lately, but I am almost entirely sure that downgrading is not possible and will not be possible.

Damnitation. Oh well, thanks for the hasty response!

I'm certain you should at least be able to send in a support ticket about it.

Support will tell you it is currently impossible to downgrade tiers, even if the only person in your clan is you. As to OP, the ability to do so has been mentioned briefly on and off again for awhile now, but I don't think we'll be seeing it anytime soon.

I understand the issues with the cheating and such but something like an option of "Kick all 90(for example) days or greater delinquent members and downgrade to ____ clan size"  Would be nice.  I have no desire to drop 40 people because I want lower build costs....well thats part of it but I don't intend on putting them back in the clan either.  We have some in the clan that are 180d since last login...if I could kick those AND drop my clan a tier I would be more than happy to do so.  But as it stands there is no reason to even deal with it. 

I honestly think clan tier should depend on members you actually have rather than the amount you're allowed. That being said, the whole clan tier thing doesn't make sense anyways (resource wise). You get more members so you have more people to help contribute, but the cost is increased to X amount of members you can now have... More members to help = more help needed. Seems a bit superfluous to me. 

I just got word back from support. No matter the case, they can not downgrade a clan size due to possible exploitation. One idea I had to augment exploitation would be to have clan size down gradable, but it can not be upgraded for 90 days. This should deter any exploiters and would help out those of us who have had active members drop off the face of the Earth. 

A smart clan tier downgrade option is definitely needed.

Once i had some 20+ players, now it's only one member besides me that are active, and now stuck with Shadow clan resource prices.

GG

If it was exploited, their job as devs is to bring up something that isn't exploit-able! Rather than cast a curse on all the lonely Tennos out there.

Edited by ArchPhaeton

Once i had some 20+ players, now it's only one member besides me that are active, and now stuck with Shadow clan resource prices.

GG

If it was exploited, their job as devs is to bring up something that isn't exploit-able! Rather than cast a curse on all the lonely Tennos out there.

Right an non exploit-able option would have been keep resource costs low rather than have cost go up per clan tier. Their resource cost system never made sense to me in the first place but it works for the solar rails. But there is no way I would suggest moon clan prices all around. The costs past Shadow are just silly unless you actually have the active members to contribute. 

Right an non exploit-able option would have been keep resource costs low rather than have cost go up per clan tier. Their resource cost system never made sense to me in the first place but it works for the solar rails. But there is no way I would suggest moon clan prices all around. The costs past Shadow are just silly unless you actually have the active members to contribute. 

I've been talking about the same topic in my post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/331894-tier-exploit/

Lets keep these two post going so maybe we can see some results in the near future. I broke down my clan's dojo and I had a lot of resources and over 600 plat that was put into it. But when you have a downsize in your clan's ranks, it becomes hard to maintain and expand your dojo. Even if you have a large size clan, it doesnt mean all members are contributing.

• 2 weeks later...

I also support the downgrading. Ok, so the tier feature has been introduced to provide fair resource costs for various sizes of the clan. But then, the downgrade feature HAS to be there as well, since clan sizes may also decrease after time, and then the resource prizes are even much more unfair as without the tier system.

I'm aware of the exploit possibility. But that (which has been mentioned several times) can easily be solved by introducing long enoug "upgrade after downgrade time windows", e.g. 90 days or so.

Edited by Maruitake

I honestly think clan tier should depend on members you actually have rather than the amount you're allowed. That being said, the whole clan tier thing doesn't make sense anyways (resource wise). You get more members so you have more people to help contribute, but the cost is increased to X amount of members you can now have... More members to help = more help needed. Seems a bit superfluous to me. 

I just got word back from support. No matter the case, they can not downgrade a clan size due to possible exploitation. One idea I had to augment exploitation would be to have clan size down gradable, but it can not be upgraded for 90 days. This should deter any exploiters and would help out those of us who have had active members drop off the face of the Earth. 

GG

These are all really good points. Especially when there are alot of people who start out strong with the game, daily missions, large clan numbers, then sooner or later some of them move on, and don't come back. And the people who are punished are the ones who remain.