Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Biggest Concern About New Ability System

own4gemaster

With the changes coming in the ability system, its clear to everyone that many builds wont require any formas anymore. (74 capacity+ for 8 mods instead of the previous 10)

Now, DE has suggested refunding 2 formas and the ability to reassign the other 2. The forum post doesnt suggest which ones we get refunded and whichones we get to keep

However, getting to keep even 2of them would seem like a waste for many builds. i Suggest we get to CHOOSE wether or not we want to keep the forma or get it refunded for any of the slots.

anyone has any infos about this i may have missed? currently the 2/2 thing seems very lackluster to me, and im surprised i haven't seen this being discussed already. Do people not realize how formas on frame wont be as necessary now?

Now, DE has suggested refunding 2 formas and the ability to reassign the other 2.

Wrong.

As I understood it, players who forma'd any of the ability slots which will be turned into 2 unpolarized slots will be refunded all forma they used on those slots.

Meaning if you forma'd all 4 of the slots, you will be refunded 4 forma. And likewise, if you didnt forma any of the ability slots, you wont be refunded anything.

Personally I see this as a big plus, since we dont have to sacrifice using only 2 or even 1 ability for the build we want.

I've never formad an ability slot card... Isn't only that that they're gonna refund us? Formas used for the 'fangs' polarity (powers).

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 slots being removed?

Any Forma spent on Polarizing these 2 slots will be reimbursed.

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 Ability slots that are staying?

If you Polarized these slots, the Polarization choice will stay. If you did not Polarize these slots, they will have a default unassigned Polarity.

Edited by CookingFood

Wrong.

As I understood it, players who forma'd any of the ability slots which will be turned into 2 unpolarized slots will be refunded all forma they used on those slots.

Meaning if you forma'd all 4 of the slots, you will be refunded 4 forma. And likewise, if you didnt forma any of the ability slots, you wont be refunded anything.

Personally I see this as a big plus, since we dont have to sacrifice using only 2 or even 1 ability for the build we want.

wrong, the 2 slots that is getting removed refund forma, the 2 slots that stay keep their polarity IF you have formaed it to something else

did they say that the ability polarity is getting removed from the game completly?

Edited by Adaptor-Face

wrong, the 2 slots that is getting removed refund forma, the 2 slots that stay keep their polarity IF you have formaed it to something else

did they say that the ability polarity is getting removed from the game completly?

I guess it will be since it doeasn't amke any sense to ahve it if there are no mods that work on it.

Nevermind what i said. I just read the workshop post now. Either way, I dont see it as a problem.

it IS a problem.let me give you an example to explain my point

lets say i use nyx with 2 formas right now. I needed those 2 formas because i only use absorb and chaos. With 10 mod slots, 74 capacity wasnt enough to put all the mods i wanted, thus the 2 formas. Now were down to 8 mod slots, and with the fang polarities removed. My build now requires 0 formas, because 8 mod slot + 74 capacity = just enough

best case scenario, if i was lucky enough, i would have formatted the 2 slots that get the formas refunded making my build still complete and my inventory gets 2 formas to spend on anything else.

On the other side, if im not lucky, i put my formas on the slots that stay, giving my build 2 extra formas it doesnt really need.

giving the player the choice seems like the best alternative to make everyone happy with this change.

My biggest concern is that the one skill builds like desecrate or radial javelin are going to be screwed over since they use 9 support slots and the 10th for the skill.

Man I'm lost, where is the info for this new change? I'd like to read up on it...or was it in the devstream?

I guess it will be since it doeasn't amke any sense to ahve it if there are no mods that work on it.

there are a few stance mods that have zenurik (=) polarity

My biggest concern is that the one skill builds like desecrate or radial javelin are going to be screwed over since they use 9 support slots and the 10th for the skill.

and my vortex-only Booben build too. I invested 4 forma in it (3 of those were ability slots) to fit all the mods i wanted. I'll throw out continuity i guess, but then i'll have 8 slots, 6 being polarized, and have 74 capacity. this is the definition of overkill, and the OP is right, it would be nice to get a few forma back