Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Ideologies: Now With Pros And Cons

ROSING

And some things are to be taken seriously.

Let's get back to the original topic, shall we?

But actually tho. I would like for this to not be another "this is why my syndicate is better than yours" thread. This is a "This is what's good about each syndicate" thread.

Try Compassion and Strength for Meridian.

I'm not sure if strength is the right term. While I know they have steel in thheir name and they are trying to go toe to toe against the grineer, we haven't gotten indication of how strong they actually are.

I sire hope they are strong though...

But actually tho. I would like for this to not be another "this is why my syndicate is better than yours" thread. This is a "This is what's good about each syndicate" thread.

Alright.

I can tell you what's good about the Red Veil.

Their ideology makes perfect sense.

If nobody is left alive, there can be nothing but peace.

I'm not sure if strength is the right term. While I know they have steel in thheir name and they are trying to go toe to toe against the grineer, we haven't gotten indication of how strong they actually are.

I sire hope they are strong though...

I was thinking more in the line of strength to stand against oppression.

Tho, making factions have good and bad side might be better idea. Instead giving them only good side.

Edited by RoboDoge

Steel Meridian-Protectors of the innocent but how much can you trust the innocent?

Arbiters of Hexas-They think the Tenno are more then just warriors...they are also cooks?

Cephalon Suda-Ordis 2.0 now with an obsession for prime parts.

Perrin Sequence-Money, money, money! 

Red Veil-We are going to kill all corpution, it doesn't matter who dies but you get payed if you survive.

New Loka-Restore the race of humans because they do ever so much good :P

Edited by Postal_pat

honestly... Arbiters of Hexas seem to actually care about you and what you want, they don't see a faceless warrior who blindly follows orders that's standing in front of them, they see another person who has been touched by the void that has been limited to what they can accomplish. they want to beak that limit and place our fate in our own hands, our destiny is ours to decide. they care about you and want to work with you while the other syndicate's just use you as a PMC to further their own goals. when I read their description that's what I get from it, probably completely wrong from what it actually is but that's the vibe I get from them...

Edited by McDuffMan

That city was weak and corrupt.

Burn it down, you'll have a stronger city,

Actually, the 'cities' (especially the corpus one) seems incredibly powerful, as does the Grineer's in a different way. 

Burning a city rarely works.

That "city" represents the corrupt factions of the Sol System.

That "fire" represents the Red Veil's purge.

You completely missed the meaning in that exchange.

Hail the Veil

The big issue with this is it assumes that the Red Veil are any better than the factions they're deeming corrupt. Which is funny since their method of correction is just like the Grineer's. Tearing down one regime just to establish that exact same regime but with a different name and build aesthetic doesn't sound like a very good plan.

Actually, the 'cities' (especially the corpus one) seems incredibly powerful, as does the Grineer's in a different way. 

Burning a city rarely works.

The big issue with this is it assumes that the Red Veil are any better than the factions they're deeming corrupt. Which is funny since their method of correction is just like the Grineer's. Tearing down one regime just to establish that exact same regime but with a different name and build aesthetic doesn't sound like a very good plan.

Burning a city works if you know how to control the fire.

The Red Veil is better than the factions they deem corrupt, because they have massive Tenno support, and as we know a single Tenno can kill millions of adversaries.  Their method of correction is actually drastically different than the Grineer's, as the Grineer don't want peace or anything or than complete totalitarian control of the Sol System.  The Red Veil want exactly want the Tenno want: balance, they are just a ton more extreme in their methods.

I was thinking more in the line of strength to stand against oppression.

Tho, making factions have good and bad side might be better idea. Instead giving them only good side.

Then perhaps it is courage instead of strength as a term?

Giving them a negative side would be good to acknowledge I guess

Edited by ROSING

Then perhaps it is courage instead of strength as a term?

Giving them a negative side would be good to acknowledge I guess

Something that shows them of as few willing to stand against much greater enemy. Tho, i think that neither faction is without their sins.

With the Perrin Sequence, they aren't like the normal Corpus who strive for only Profit. "A collective of brilliant and powerful merchants, splintered from the Corpus. Their goal is to restore order by bringing prosperity and direction to the violent world they study." They basically want to stop the violence in the Origin System by bringing success and providing a means of direction for the System.

Cons with the Red Veil.

If you're not with them, you will be marked as corrupt.

I'd hate to be the marked when the great purge comes.

Hail the Veil

Whoever sees corruption everywhere, is bound to see corruption among its own ranks. Paranoia is evil mistress.

Expect to be purged, WH style.

The Loka are the glorious worshipers of the pureness and power that is the Humans!

We will destroy all who stand against the Human race!

To Restore Paradise, and Resurrect our GOD!

Syndicate are so much fun!

Edited by Feallike

A very simple negative aspect for the Steel Meridian could be the idea that despite their noble goal they can't shake off their militaristic backround and society.

They have good intention and are happy to give their lives for civilians, but might lack any social skill and can't quite get the concept of individual worth right.

A bit similar to Drax from Doctor Who (fitting enough someone from a single minded militaristic species of clones) who is a very loyal and brave, but also has very little social skills and thinks of violence as best solution to everything.

Basicly they have compassion for the masses of innocents, but not for every individual one of them.

An example. There is a last transport off a nearly overrun colony. It's full. A middle aged man, his wife and his two children stand outside the ramp. The SteelMer pilot looks them up and down. He goes into the ship and judges the passangers. Then he pulls out four eldery under tears of their families, throws them down the ramp, orders the man and his family in and closes the ramp. 

As for Arbiters of Hexas.

Based on their descriptions, i assume they want the Tenno to become more ruthless and pragmatic.

For example. The Tenno want to destroy a certain Corpus outpost. However it's near a civilian village. So the Warrior Code of the Tenno tells them to use underhand tactics to take it out, rather than risk the village. Which means uploading a programm to their computer which will destory their datebanks, leaving the outpst unable to operate for months to come.

But the Arbiters might instead advertise to simply overload the reactor blowing the whole outpost to hell and leaving a deep crater where no new outpost can be build. But having destroyed the village with thousands of innocents in the process.

That's how they sound to me.

Edited by Othergrunty

A very simple negative aspect for the Steel Meridian could be the idea that despite their noble goal they can't shake off their militaristic backround and society.

They have good intention and are happy to give their lives for civilians, but might lack any social skill and can't quite get the concept of individual worth right.

A bit similar to Drax from Doctor Who (fitting enough someone from a single minded militaristic species of clones) who is a very loyal and brave, but also has very little social skills and thinks of violence as best solution to everything.

Basicly they have compassion for the masses of innocents, but not for every individual one of them.

An example. There is a last transport off a nearly overrun colony. It's full. A middle aged man, his wife and his two children stand outside the ramp. The SteelMer pilot looks them up and down. He goes into the ship and judges the passangers. Then he pulls out four eldery under tears of their families, throws them down the ramp, orders the man and his family in and closes the ramp. 

That's pretty cold and actually would be really great for characterization.

Burning a city works if you know how to control the fire.

The Red Veil is better than the factions they deem corrupt, because they have massive Tenno support, and as we know a single Tenno can kill millions of adversaries.  Their method of correction is actually drastically different than the Grineer's, as the Grineer don't want peace or anything or than complete totalitarian control of the Sol System.  The Red Veil want exactly want the Tenno want: balance, they are just a ton more extreme in their methods.

Many materials used to build a city aren't going to be destroyed by any normal fire. Burning is only going to get rid of some of the fluff materials and 'lower-end' building materials. My house (for example) would still be partially left standing after a fire. My mother's house would still have its roof (metal roof).

The Grineer and Corpus both had massive tenno support during the gradivus dilemma. The Red Veil make no real statement about attaining peace just as the Grineer never state that they don't want peace. Both of their goals are simply to eliminate all that are not them. The Red Veil also never say anything about wanting balance. They said they want to purge all those they decided are corrupt. At least the Grineer enslave some people.

The only ones that I can see cons for are Red Veil and New Loka. The rest I can't really say on with the available information.

Red Veil- With no one left, there is peace. But did the end justified the means?

New Loka- Restoring Earth and humanity before the Orokin is ambitious. But are their ideologies better back then where there was hate and war still?