Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Love Anyone?

hijinks_the_turtle

Question

Heya guys, I'm rather surprised to say this but I find it real funny how I found the Tigris rather satisfying to use, despite only having a few ranks on it and that people told me the weapon really stinks.  Just the feeling of pumping two shells into a dude is awesome.  Yeah the reload is muy horrible, but is there any worthwhile mods to slap into it?  I already have a max Tactical Pump and the essential point blank.  Other than that, what else can I put on it?  Just so you know, I don't have the new event slash mods.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

17 answers to this question

Heya guys, I'm rather surprised to say this but I find it real funny how I found the Tigris rather satisfying to use, despite only having a few ranks on it and that people told me the weapon really stinks.  Just the feeling of pumping two shells into a dude is awesome.  Yeah the reload is muy horrible, but is there any worthwhile mods to slap into it?  I already have a max shotgun spazz and the essential point blank.  Other than that, what else can I put on it?  Just so you know, I don't have the new event slash mods.

I like it but I don't use it anymore.  I may try playing with it again.

You can drop some maxed reload mods on it so the reload will be better.  There are some decent shotgun mods too.  Just got to find them.

I personally wouldn't put Shotgun Spazz on it, as the fire rate on the weapon is already really damn fast. Neither would I put Accelerated Blast, as the puncture increase is (now) pretty small and the Fire Rate doesn't seem to help too much from my experience.

If you're looking to increase reload speed, you can put Tactical Pump on it. I think it brings the reload down to around 1.4 or something?

Otherwise, you can put the standard fare on it. That is, Blaze, Hell's Chamber, Point Blank, Vicious Spread (if you want). It also has pretty good status chance, so if you have the dual-status mods (Cicero/Tethra/Breeding Grounds/Cryotic Front) then you can give yourself a nice status weapon.

Build it with whatever you have though. Assuming you're not putting on +impact or +puncture mods, I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

EDIT: Oh yeah, someone above said Punch Through. I'd recommend Seeking Force if you can get it, although the mod cost is pretty steep, so if you want Punch Through, you're probably going to have to end up Forma-ing it.

I personally use Punch Through on every weapon I have (that has the points for it). Lining up shots to dispatch a big group is especially important for low fire-rate guns (in Tigris's case, it's inhibited by its reload speed). Then again I use a lot of snipers and guns like that, so punch through might be more important in that case.

Edited by Otenko

I personally wouldn't put Shotgun Spazz on it, as the fire rate on the weapon is already really damn fast. Neither would I put Accelerated Blast, as the puncture increase is (now) pretty small and the Fire Rate doesn't seem to help too much from my experience.

If you're looking to increase reload speed, you can put Tactical Pump on it. I think it brings the reload down to around 1.4 or something?

Otherwise, you can put the standard fare on it. That is, Blaze, Hell's Chamber, Point Blank, Vicious Spread (if you want). It also has pretty good status chance, so if you have the dual-status mods (Cicero/Tethra/Breeding Grounds/Cryotic Front) then you can give yourself a nice status weapon.

Build it with whatever you have though. Assuming you're not putting on +impact or +puncture mods, I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

Whoops, I meant to say that I have Tactical Pump.  :x    Would Tainted Shell be good to allow it to reach farther distances?  The spread is wide for a gun that only shoots four pellets.

Tigris is one of the most underrated weapons in the game , anyway, put some punch-throw, multishot, all 3 dmg mods (point blank, vicious spread and blaze) and a reload speed mod, the other will be your element dmg mods 

My problem is that the punch through mod is so freaking hard to get for a shotty.  I can't ever seem to find it in the void and transmutation is seriously expensive.  Not to mention it's expensive through trading...

Whoops, I meant to say that I have Tactical Pump.  :x    Would Tainted Shell be good to allow it to reach farther distances?  The spread is wide for a gun that only shoots four pellets.

I haven't personally used Tainted Shell, but I considered the Tigris's spread to be pretty tight already. With Tainted Shell, you might be able to get old Hek styles of sniping. But even then, Tainted Shell will help you reach distance targets, the damage fall-off that shotguns have might limit the damage you can get from sniping.

I also didn't max it because 10 rank Rare mods are expensive to max. You can experiment with a couple ranks to see how you like it. The spread might help make close-range targets easier to get (since, at least some of the pellets will hit them).

Edited by Otenko

My problem is that the punch through mod is so freaking hard to get for a shotty.  I can't ever seem to find it in the void and transmutation is seriously expensive.  Not to mention it's expensive through trading...

punch through isn't a problem, just use an element dmg mod instead 

punch through isn't a problem, just use an element dmg mod instead 

Punch through is the biggest boost you can get for Tigris, because it shoots so little and reloads so much. You're so much better off hitting more targets with each shot.

People telling you that it stinks are people who worship this fallacy called DPS. I main the Tigris, and I swear by that gun.

I wouldn't call DPS a fallacy. There are far superior weapons than the Tigris. I found it annoying to use and just kinda useless. But if you like a weapon then have fun.

Punch through is the biggest boost you can get for Tigris, because it shoots so little and reloads so much. You're so much better off hitting more targets with each shot.

I know that...but the man just said he's having a hard time getting the mod, some I gave him a replacement, but yes, punch through will do wonders with the Tigris 

The biggest problem with Tigris is that it does not "boom" well enough to make up for the limited mag size (which any respectable boomstick should be doing!).

Innate punch through would fix that, but until then you'll have to sacrifice mod capacity for the mod.

Edited by Brimir