The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The Vectis Hate Ever Stop?

UnknownGunneryChief

I dislike the snipers in general because the fancypants sniper scope views look absolutely dreadful. Everyone who used a sniper rifle of any kind started pointing out to DE how ugly they were when they were revealed/shown via screenshots, but no, no using the simple ones from before that didn't interfere with aiming.

I love Vectis.I love the design.I fancy sniper rifles in general.BUT.In an other game.This game just isn't suited for sniper's (IMHO),because they're not efficient enough.The game is fast-paced and all i do 99% of the time i play is just rush and "mow".

Since when in any game do we resort to use the Medieval Weapons over a frekkin Breach Loaded (supposed to be!!!!!) heavy caliber weapon. A weapon nowadays used to take out entire tanks. But yet were forced towards the bow due to numbers... I don't get it. I love the vectis and snipers in this game in general. Need a SERIOUS buff. And not a 75% bonus on first shot primed mod either. That's taking a mod slot only to bring it to the feet of the bows. Ive been trying out every mod combination possible to get the best outcome for the vectis yet I still yield nothing. Even if I had primed chamber heavy caliber and split chamber (suggesting all rouns hit target) would not come to the damage a well modded bow could do. Its down right straight crap.

The Vectis... I have a story for this one.

I run this godlike sniper rifle on Zephyr - tail wind lets me get to those ultra-high ledges in the void so I can pick off people from where they can't see me. 

T4 Surv, 20 mins in. Two frames go down and there's only the mandatory Rhino left, Iron skin getting shredded in half a second. 

Boom boom boom, used nearly all 72 shots in the reserve in under a minute, reload cancelling and seeing crits everywhere. Iron skin managed to stay up for 20 seconds and both downframes were revived no problem.

Needless to say that while people have flamed on me for using the Vectis it will always be a god weapon in my mind.

I love my Vectis, but I find the Dread to be more versitile.  I enjoy being able to fire an arrow into a crowd, and kill the entire crowd.

Vectis is great for most modes other than Defense (though I'm sure the OP made it work in defense, too).  It works especially well in the Tower because there are so many perches that one can get to and snipe from.  

Perhaps I need to slap metal auger or shred on my Vectis, because without punchthrough, it's a hard weapon to recommend.  I will say that I like it more than Paris Prime, and I apprecaite the sniper scope over the non-zooming aim of bows, even if some folks dislike how "gaudy" the scope appears to be.

I got my Vectis to 30 after the 4th Forma yesterday and finished my build 2 days ago. I've used it during these 2 days on 19 T4 survs and every time I'd get most kills, most damage dealt and least taken, while also helping the team by constantly taking care of LS while they use entire mags of their Boltor P's on a single heavy gunner in point-blank range...and also reviving them. Tons of times. (My loadout was Loki P stealth build, Vectis, Marelok, Dual Zoren and a Sahasa, 1700 CC or so)

And almost every time I would get flamed for being a noob for using Vectis. People kept telling me "use Paris P 50 times better omg u idiot kid". It's not their problem I don't like the arrow arching and travel time or the charging, and prefer pin-point hitscan headcritting for days. Or just sniping in general.

So, what is it with the Vectis hate? Do YOU hate it?

They're idiots, turn them off. Hate stupid anime-lovin grubs;.Play the game however the heck you want. Just turn squad chat off if they're acting really stupid.

What vectis hate?

Eh just ignore them. I've had relatively new players criticizing both my choice of frame and weapon (anything not Boltor P apparently).

I just laugh at them and move on.

As long as a player isn't dead weight in high level stuff then they can use what ever they want.

Vectis is raaaaddd.

I know this feeling, I bring a Sobek to some endgame stuff. Suprise! Everybody is upset.

It's not a bad gun after only a potato, a syndicate augment and 300 formas.

Seriously though, don't let them bring you down, the Vectis is great.

Edited by AJ90