Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of The Grueghstrag Bolt?

Matiny

Having to restart a mission is fine and standard. Having to waste rare resources on top of restarting is the reason that I won't be using Mirage for a while. I'd rather check out the Vasto and Dual Vasto, plus the alternate helmets. Too bad for Mirage, eh?

So you can put up a wall of text where you have to waste rare resources on top of losing?

so you want a wall of text of games that punish you removing items from you inventory on death ? Pfff easy.

Also is you faul for not destroying the drone first..

Edited by Dasmir

so you want a wall of text of games that punish you removing items from you inventory on death ? Pfff easy.

Also is you faul for not destroying the drone first..

Actually its your fault for not telling me about it. Yeaaahh its kind of one of those "how the hell would I even know" type of things. Stop being a pretender.

It's not really that much of a punishment, you're given the key to get it off like instantly. On top of that it only reduces your damage to grineer, nothing else. So...yeah.

As for punishing players for losing. Hi, I'm from the 90's where most games had you restart the entire level if you lost. So there. I welcome stuff like this, too many things are just..."Everybody wins~ You get a award, and you get an award, even the people in the stadium who didn't do anything get an award~"

It is actually a fair whack of punishment (not only is the mission failed but you dont get the posibiltiy of rewards from them either), given there is literally none for the others and harvester (who is even easier to beat) you are actually even rewarded with a unique mission for losing.

Well there is a reason games stoped making you restart a level for losing it after the 80s/90s.  It can be anoying as all crap :P.

The G3 arent just a "rare boss." They are assassins out to kill you. Failure in games must have consequences, otherwise victory is meaningless. If you do choose to run away,  which is a perfectly legitimate strategy if you are feeling outmatched, you miss out on a chance to get parts for one of the best secondary weapons in the game. High risk, high reward.

So why are they the only ones with any real penality?

Stalker doesnt even cost you the mission (just a measly revive).  Even if you win with the G3 often they screwed up the mission so you cant complete the mission as normal.

The bigest factor is why the crap does it use what is essentially a corpus material?

LOL until DE uses real words, I really don't care about proper spelling!

Anyways, do you guys think that "punishing players for losing" is a good idea? I remember seeing this concept in another game. Usually when I spot it, I wonder if the devs want to push people away, or if they want us to have fun.

Seems to work for EvE Online.

IMHO, playing a game that has ZERO consequences for player errors is not a good idea. The only thing we have gotten so far is Kubrow deaths, and the loss of 1 Revive (until the next day reset) on death.

... I hardly think we are being "punished" in this game, and the bolt removal is trivial to say the least.

As an example of realistic "punishment" you would have Frames that get destroyed or need expensive repairs, and I hardly think DE would ever go that extreme.

Edited by DSpite

The Grustrag bolt exists solely to troll you; an equivalent of the game saying "get rekt, kid!"  It will halve your damage against Grineer units and i believe it effects stamina as well.  The badge on your shoulder when you have a bolt on reads "Property of Grineer"  to add insult to insult,  I love the idea of having assassins bring actual consequences, adds more to the fight for me- now if only they could make the fight more drawn out,  all of them end up like a western gunslinger showdown... 

It a collar that shows that the G3 just made you their domesticated female cainine.

I'm fully up for that. Makes your heart beat a little faster when they show.

And it also shows you who the true Tennos are.

I've come across a boatload of pansies that run away, quit the game out of fear, and miss 98% of their shots cos their hands were shaking so much.

The true warriors fight to the end. If you lose, at least you were ballsy enough to stand firm and fight to the death.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

If you really need an example of a game where you get punished for losing: Demons Souls/Dark Souls 1/2

Honestly though, it is not like you are forced to fight them. As soon as they appear you can make a run for it. Since it is your choice if you want to take the risk, there is simply no argument that could convince me that a punishment is uncalled for.

This is not your regular enemy we're talking about anyway. They are a 'secret' boss.