Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have You Chose Who Are You Gonna Align With? Because I Havent

N-14

I've chosen to support three syndicates.

Arbiters of Hexis - at first I thought that they are denying the nature of Tenno. But later when I understood that it's not denying Tenno nature - they think that we aren't just warriors, tools, weapons to be used. We're much more.

And I support this.

Cephalon Suda - I don't have much to say about it. I kind of like the idea of learning more about the world, it's necessary for progress. But I have to say, I don't know if I can trust an AI. I can't tell if it won't turn against me at some point.

It's and AI, it perceives everything differently than us, so who knows what's its plan?

Steel Meridian - I was kind of surprised that I decided to help them out. What I like about them - their leader. It's fairly impressive that she decided to break away from Grineer and protect civilians. Also, she's really straight-forward and she seems to be really focused on helping these colonists.

I respect that. And therefore I'm going to help them.

Why not others?

Red Veil - they demand a bloody revolution. Not going to happen. Revolutionaries always claim that they're doing it for the greater good. They're lying.

Perrin Sequence - I somehow don't trust them, they probably want to simply get rich while hiding their true purpose behind a noble goal.

New Loka - racist bastards, they see no place in universe for anything other than "pure humanity", so I'm 99% sure they would turn against me at some point.

IWhy not others?

Red Veil - they demand a bloody revolution. Not going to happen. Revolutionaries always claim that they're doing it for the greater good. They're lying.

Perrin Sequence - I somehow don't trust them, they probably want to simply get rich while hiding their true purpose behind a noble goal.

New Loka - racist bastards, they see no place in universe for anything other than "pure humanity", so I'm 99% sure they would turn against me at some point.

Red Veil are not revolutionaries, they are extremists, fanatics hell bent on killing all corruption, now what determines who is corrupt and who is not its ambiguous. They just want to kill everyone with no due process, thats why us Arbiters stand in their way, we fight for justice! Tear down the Veil!!!

Thats a bit unfair, Catalysts and Reactors are a precious comodity, you can only get them from Alerts or by using plat. Seems unfair for a player that cant or will not buy plat to waste a potato each time he wants to rank up in a particular syndicate.

For my part id rather have a potatoed weapon than rank up in a syndicate.

Agree wholeheartedly. I have a huge background as a F2P gamer, so I've only been spending platinum from the Founder's Program for slots and color packs.

I remember what the community back then called "potato famines"; stretches of time when potato blueprints just didn't show up in the alerts. To ask players to sacrifice such rare gear is absolutely unfair, especially for just the rank 2. And the fact that you would have to give several potatoes, for EACH TIME you spend that reputation? Unbelievable. I ain't touching syndicates until we get some explanations.

Dunno about you, but for the time being I am with Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis and Cephalon Suda.

They oddly enough go well with one another. I expected the Cephalon to be at least opposed to the Meridian, doesn't seem to be the case.

I would be doing those three syndicates, if it wasn't for the fact that my jaw has been somewhere in the freaking mantle ever since I saw the requirements for ranking up on the warframe subreddit. I'll be watching discussions of the mods and the syndicate's lore (if any shows up as you rank up), but I doubt I'll be spending much reputation; I may just accumulate a bunch of reputation though, for if they ever provide an explanation or a change to these rank-up requirements.

Steel Meridian is for defending colonists, not blowing up grineer.  Cephalon Suda is coincidentally opposed to the Red Veil, because they are about blowing up the Grineer.  Oddly enough, they're against New Loka for some absurd reason though, whom come across as the other peaceful syndicate.

Nobody likes the Perrin Sequence though.  Nobody.  Not even New Loka, they're just allies because they need the financial backing.

Well New Loka is all about "pure humanity". They probably don't like Suda. 

Agree wholeheartedly. I have a huge background as a F2P gamer, so I've only been spending platinum from the Founder's Program for slots and color packs.

I remember what the community back then called "potato famines"; stretches of time when potato blueprints just didn't show up in the alerts. To ask players to sacrifice such rare gear is absolutely unfair, especially for just the rank 2. And the fact that you would have to give several potatoes, for EACH TIME you spend that reputation? Unbelievable. I ain't touching syndicates until we get some explanations.

Potato Famines ended because we have a bi-weekly devstream, otherwise you dont see alert with potato very often (as in one every few months)

Also from a lore point of view it doesnt make sense, you have to pay THEM (the syndicates) for the privilege of having Tenno warriors, last time i checked the Grineer/Corpus payed US for the same privilege during invasions. The rank up should be a special mission, against the enemy of the syndicate you support, thus proving your loyalty and value to the organization. It is also absurd to lose rank by acquiring cosmetics like sigils of your syndicate. They should support us as much as we support them.

Looks like the Loca folk like myself are in the minority.

I'll be taking my modified Paralysis mod, hp buffing spectre, and classic Skana damage boost because classic classy weapons~

Suda to me is going to be problematic, since the final steps of a moral-less entity will lead to atrocities, the dogmatic arbiters set my teeth on edge, the Red Veil reeks of cultist kill-all furor, steel meridian is actually pretty acceptable in terms of their behavior and guiding goals. In terms of actual stated goals, the Perrin sequence by far is the most stable.

As for new loca's ideals, I can get behind the repopulation of a single planet with humans. Any isolationism after that point won't be a problem.

To be honest...

1) Looking at the pretty much useless rewards... They are useless because they all can be easily replaced by a handful of other damage mods you can't fit on your weapons/warframes anyways because of the lack of space.

2) Looking at the ludicrous grindwalls involved to get those useless rewards I'm pretty much "meh" about the whole damn thing.

And this is from a completionists view owning nearly everything in the game, so I showed enough dedidication to the game in the past 1.5-2 years to make up my mind about it. They pretty much killed my reason to play the game because I realized the other day that now it is pretty much impossible to get everything without grinding until 2030 or something, which I honestly don't feel like doing anymore because of how repetitive the friggin gameplay is in general.

It's just grinding useless items so you are able to grind for even more useless items. There's no end to it and I thought something like an endgame system would actually put all the time I invested into something rewarding and all the items I have gathered to something I need to play that endgame, without it being yet another neverending grind which we pretty much had before as well.

And all that for NOTHING actually worth the trouble this time. The Syndicates just want to have my precious resources - fine, but not even the ones I have in abundance but ones we/I actually need all the time there's a new weapon/warframe etc around in the regular update cycle so this makes you having to thin yourself out even further.

Bottom line... I don't like the Syndicate System. Not at all. It's just a bunch of ultra grindwalls patched ontop of what is already an hardcore grindgame. It makes me want to puke. I'm so much fed up with the fact that all DE knows is grind to hold over for the next grind to hold over for the next grind never actually presenting something where I actually need my maxed out equipment or skills. The only other things DE is releasing is completely new content for which the existing content is worthless as well... like for Kubrows or Archwing. There we have to grind for all the new mods from square one. It's the same theme as with the additions to existing systems. And the theme is becoming old. It's boring and repetitive no matter how it is presented.

They can't release anything anymore just for the sake of it being plain old "fun".

That's my opinion. And that's why I haven't made up my mind about supporting any Syndicate on large scale.

Edited by MeduSalem

I am somewhat of a like mind. The difference is I don't have much, just two frames and ten or so weapons.

Why? I am, and allways was, waiting for story and ways to get into the game beyond just grinding.

This will be here with Quests and Hubs, but even so I have found myself a watcher more than a participant mainly due to parenthood and no time to grind hours on end.

Syndicates looks cool, is made for the vets and appeal to the new. And yet I just see cosmetics. That is not a bad thing, but unless there will be interaction and real consequenses now,

I see the meta RPG being the big deal, just like Gradivus was.

I love what DE are trying to do here and I applaud them. I bet they have considered leaving it at a fast action grind many times.

Just ... not sure that Syndicates in the current form, is enough to make the game grow up from the "Grind -get bling - burn out" state.

Am I wrong?