Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Speed Confirmed

HonestOrangeAppleHorse

After a series of tests involving a race between Loki and Frost, I can confirm that which Warframe you use does indeed affect the maneuverability of your Archwing.

To me this seems like a very welcome feature, meaning that there are is more to Archwing than just throwing on the Frame with the highest shields and armor and that certain Frames will be better suited to different missions.

For example, while Loki excels in Interception missions, able to evade enemies and reach radio towers quicker, he is woefully inadequate in the Trench Run missions, unable to make the tight turns, smashing into walls and lacking the space to run from enemies leaves him vulnerable due to his low shields. Frames like Rhino and Frost have no such issue, able to absorb damage from enemies at close range as well as being able to corner effectively. Much like real-world racing, some vehicles are better in the straights while others excel in the corners.

Now I know that all of you will be eager to show off your smart skills by trying to explain the real world physics behind space flight rather than actually appreciating this information so I'm just going to explain why this works. Basically, a Frame in motion has mass and inertia, "heavier" Frames requiring more force in order to accelerate, decelerate and change direction. Basically, the more mass you have and the faster you go, the harder it is to stop it. Last time I tried to get an answer about this issue, all I got were people not reading the question and just telling me stuff about their physics class. 

Anyway, I hope this has been helpful, and that you might rethink your Archwing build, favoring a little more speed over armor. I for one love to run with Loki so those Interception missions go a little bit faster.

Hornet out. 

Uhh, no. 

It means literally the best frame is factually rhino prime with an arcane vanguard (High health, shields, armor, and fastest move speed, tied with loki).

So the OPPOSITE of diversity.

Edited by fortris

What sort of testing did you do? I'll add on to yours.

I'm skeptical as to whether or not helmets / rush affect sprint speed.

Did a few 1000m sprints with standard Rhino.

With arc. vanguard, he reached the 1000m point in about 13.8-14 seconds.

Without, he reached the 1000m point in about 13.8-14 seconds.

Tried these tests with Frost P, and he reached the 1000m point in around the same time.

Only did 3 tests each, but the same thing happened with Saryn, with and without rush / Hemlock. Around 14 seconds average for both.

Tested with Loki + rush, and he reached the 1000m point in 10.1-10.3 seconds.
Without rush, Loki reached the 1000m point in 10.1-10.2 seconds.

So base sprint speed definitely affects Archwing speed. Rush and helmets... don't think so.

Edited by HolidayPi3

IMO the whole mode needs a LOT of work. Idk why DE advertised what is obviously a late alpha/early beta as a finished mode.

I certainly agree that Archwing needs more work, more features, game modes and weapons, I'm just glad that DE put a little more customization than just shields, health, energy and armor than what I first though. I just like it that the Frame you use also makes some difference in movement.

With arc. vanguard, he reached the 1000m point in about 13.8-14 seconds.

Tried these tests with Frost P, and he reached the 1000m point in around the same time.

Only did 3 tests each, but the same thing happened with Saryn, with and without rush / Hemlock. Around 14 seconds average for both.

So base sprint speed definitely affects Archwing speed. Rush and helmets... don't think so.

Thanks for the input. Glad it is more likely only base speed.

With vanguard, he reached the 1000m point in about 13.8-14 seconds.

I just did some simple Drag Racing with a friend just to prove the theory and I'm certainly glad that someone else did a bit more intensive digging. Obviously Loki has a serious speed advantage.

Finished? Nothing is ever really finished. All the newest things always need the most tweaks.

I never said it was finished, I said DE tried to advertise it as if it was more complete than it actually is. 

I mean the update is literally called "Archwing", yet the mode was barely playable on launch despite being hyped for months.

How is that advertising it as finished? The Archwings are there aren't they?

The day it was launched you would be randomly extracted from the mission with little to no warning.

That isn't even a beta bug, that's an alpha bug. It made it basically (and literally for interception missions) unplayable.

I never said it was finished, I said DE tried to advertise it as if it was more complete than it actually is. 

I mean the update is literally called "Archwing", yet the mode was barely playable on launch despite being hyped for months.

Were still in Open Beta. Everything is still being tested, and were all testers still...

I would rather play an unfinshed, broken alpha than have to put up with DE spamming the website every day with "ARCHWING HAS BEEN RELEASED" only to find it links to that abysmal flash site that was broken for most of its worthless existence.

the point stands though, that if archwing does have speed differences based on warframe, they are so miniscule that people had to do microscope-tier tests to actually find the differences, assuming said differences aren't based on some sick RNG they decided to put on archwing's overboost.

It doesn't matter what the case, you are still at an advantage if you choose a muscleframe. "oh what, a loki will get there three seconds faster, not when he's busy having to be revived after getting hit by a lone dreg, because he can't switch teleport someone else anymore."