Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Glaive Weapons Be Given A Little Innate Homing?

Sasquatchias

I've been messing around with the Glaive weapons for a while, and it feels like it is really easy to miss a target or have the Glaive bounce off into a random direction away from the people you want to hit, especially if they're on the move. 

With enough practice you could learn how to lead the target and time your throws to at least get the initial hit, but it feels like any hit afterwords is pretty much down to luck. 

So with this issue I was wondering if perhaps the Glaive weapons should actually get a little innate homing ability, just enough to where they'll have more of a chance at hitting additional enemies rather than hitting one guy and then bouncing off somewhere else while his buddies stand in place completely safe.

Halikar does this. Though, I find it to be harder to aim at enemies in rows because of it liking to arch sideways. It's a tradeoff, I guess.

Though, if we're talking leading like in Dark Sector, I'm *all* for that. That was statisfying to do.

Edited by Sauzzey

Please don't.

I just got Halikar today. I gotta say its homing feature gives me headache.

I have no problem hitting enemy with Kestrel.

When it comes to choosing target, Halikar often has its own opinion.

It tends to target the nearest enemy whether you like it or not.

Halikar's homing feature has many problems besides that. I'll probably post a feedback about Halikar later.

Edit: It would be better if the homing ability only applies when Glaive bounces.

Edited by yles9056

i slight homing on it would be nice, 5-10 foot radius around the throwing weapon would be really nice.

i can normally toss and hit the first guy in front of me, my problem is that once so it runs off another another course and im thinking it should just pierce through and hit the next guy in a line.

I love the glaive.  One of my favorite weapons to bring along, and the prime version is far more end-game viable than people realize.  This is an interesting idea... after all, the only build that is worthwhile going forward with Glaive is to drop its bounce to zero.

Does the Halikar do the channel-AoE explosion like the Glaive (Prime?)

It does, but it is currently bugged. 

A majority of the time the explosion does not deal damage, or deals damage that is a bit lower than I think it should be based on how I have modded the weapon.

I've been messing around with the Glaive weapons for a while, and it feels like it is really easy to miss a target or have the Glaive bounce off into a random direction away from the people you want to hit, especially if they're on the move. 

With enough practice you could learn how to lead the target and time your throws to at least get the initial hit, but it feels like any hit afterwords is pretty much down to luck. 

So with this issue I was wondering if perhaps the Glaive weapons should actually get a little innate homing ability, just enough to where they'll have more of a chance at hitting additional enemies rather than hitting one guy and then bouncing off somewhere else while his buddies stand in place completely safe.

I thought most people would use the AoE explosion to fix the problem of the target moving.

I just checked, and my U14 account has 143 mission hours logged, and 99.9% of that was Glaive usage. I'm not finding the straight damage of the Glaive enough incentive to not rely on the AoE for clearing mobs.

I love the glaive.  One of my favorite weapons to bring along, and the prime version is far more end-game viable than people realize.  This is an interesting idea... after all, the only build that is worthwhile going forward with Glaive is to drop its bounce to zero.

I was under the impression that Glaive/Glaive Prime had identical stats. Why are you stating it's better?

Edited by DSpite

Please don't.

I just got Halikar today. I gotta say its homing feature gives me headache.

I have no problem hitting enemy with Kestrel.

When it comes to choosing target, Halikar often has its own opinion.

It tends to target the nearest enemy whether you like it or not.

Halikar's homing feature has many problems besides that. I'll probably post a feedback about Halikar later.

Edit: It would be better if the homing ability only applies when Glaive bounces.

It homes in on allies too.