Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken "metallic" Texture (Looks Like An Ice Layer)

Orbister

This is obviously a minor issue, but it is still very jarring and annoying to look at, inside the Liset everything is fine, anywhere else, the "metallic" texture appears on attachments and also on metallic parts of weapons, here is an example:

With the horrible effect:

NiRQgTg.jpg

Normal, like it should be:

k7hgAzw.jpg

Btw this is not happening to me alone, and i know that everyone having this issue will appreciate it being fixed as much as i will.

Thanks in Advance.

They seem to have been applying this metallic texture to many weapons as well.

Currently it just looks plain broken. It changes colour drastically depending on the map. 

I also personally prefer the matte look as opposed to everything becoming chromed.

Have a look at my 'Black' thread, some clever people explained this. And I think there are a few other threads on this topic.

Thank you, i just checked it, yeap it seems this ugly feature is here to stay but it really really needs some fine tuning in the art department, it doesn't look like metal at all, besides... if metal gets painted over... as it is the case in many items, specially grineer the reflection would not be the same on "naked" metal than on painted over metal, as it is now, it looks like the most basic and amateur metal rendering the game could get, it looks like an experiment from someone learning blender since a couple of days ago...

They seem to have been applying this metallic texture to many weapons as well.

Currently it just looks plain broken. It changes colour drastically depending on the map. 

I also personally prefer the matte look as opposed to everything becoming chromed.

I like to pretend Im using Soma Prime when it's golden metal colour on a map.

The Amprex got hit by the Ice Hammer a few updates ago, and the Soma appears this way now... I really don't like it. No colours show on it, so it just looks like an obnoxiously shiny silver to me, which ruins the aesthetic of me liking to match my Warframes and weapons.

If I were DE, I'd make the "metallic" a colour palette instead of a fixed texture. This way, they can still apply it to various objects as they like, and if I want to have the icy look (Frost Prime + Glaxion, can you say epic?) we can do so on ALL potential colours, not just certain parts weapons.

The Amprex got hit by the Ice Hammer a few updates ago, and the Soma appears this way now... I really don't like it. No colours show on it, so it just looks like an obnoxiously shiny silver to me, which ruins the aesthetic of me liking to match my Warframes and weapons.

If I were DE, I'd make the "metallic" a colour palette instead of a fixed texture. This way, they can still apply it to various objects as they like, and if I want to have the icy look (Frost Prime + Glaxion, can you say epic?) we can do so on ALL potential colours, not just certain parts weapons.

yea, exactly they could just sell this horrible effect thing as a separate layer of customization for those who like it (if there is in fact anyone who does) it would be a win-win situation, we could just play with our normal colors and DE could sell some more cosmetics...

yea, exactly they could just sell this horrible effect thing as a separate layer of customization for those who like it (if there is in fact anyone who does) it would be a win-win situation, we could just play with our normal colors and DE could sell some more cosmetics...

It also has the benefit of allowing DE to use is in map art, such as Europa (where ice is abundant). Instead of creating an entirely new fixed texture for said environmental object, just have colour palettes with the texture built in.

Also, I do think Frost Prime with the icey texture on some of his body mixed with the Orokin Gold would be pretty cool. But that is about the only place I might actually want it.

I believe its this new PBR materials rendering tech they are buying into, which is not a bad idea, but its really poorly implemented so far. It's not just the shiney stuff thats suffering from it, but most of the new Archwing stuff, and even that new Grineer thrown weapon as well. It's impossible to get the colors on these weapons and gear to match your frames, or even match each other.

It reminds me of how annoying it used to be to change colors on weapons back when the game first went public, some parts can't go brighter than grey, other parts can't go DARKER than grey...have some random shiny on that. Energy color? Whats that?