The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is This Stat On Some Of The Mods From The Syndicates? Justice, Truth, Entropy, Sequence, Blight, Purity

.Talia.

From 15.0 notes: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/328727-warframe-archwing/

Note:  The Weapon-Specific Mods earned through Syndicate Standing have experimental bonus effects that we will be developing further based on feedback. The experimental bonus effect is: While having a Syndicate Weapon Mod equipped, its XP gained will fill up a Syndicate specific meter. When this meter is full it discharges granting some AOE and temporary bonuses!

I swear i read somewhere that it will build up a counter on every hit. And when said counter gets to the correct amount an AOE of a certain element will release depending on the Syndicate....

I'll have a look for the sauce...

EDIT: Above me is the Sauce hha

Edited by Cowhawk

I'm sick of the devs putting stuff in and never explaining it until people ask.

It should already just be said when it's added, what is with the secretive nonsense? People work very hard to get these rep points and you leave them in the dark about a lot of actual need to know information.

I'm sick of it, seriously. It's getting so old.

May as well say, +1 to Herp De Derp, +1 to Cheeseburgering, +1 to Seinfeld DVD case sleeve, because that information is as useful as +1 to Purity.

The Weapon-Specific Mods earned through Syndicate Standing have experimental bonus effects that we will be developing further based on feedback. The experimental bonus effect is: While having a Syndicate Weapon Mod equipped, its XP gained will fill up a Syndicate specific meter. When this meter is full it discharges granting some AOE and temporary bonuses!

Oh... Well then. There ya go.

It should already just be said when it's added, what is with the secretive nonsense? People work very hard to get these rep points and you leave them in the dark about a lot of actual need to know information.

May as well say, +1 to Herp De Derp, +1 to Cheeseburgering, +1 to Seinfeld DVD case sleeve, because that information is as useful as +1 to Purity.

Tbf, it was in the PatchNotes.

From 15.0 notes: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/328727-warframe-archwing/

Note:  The Weapon-Specific Mods earned through Syndicate Standing have experimental bonus effects that we will be developing further based on feedback. The experimental bonus effect is: While having a Syndicate Weapon Mod equipped, its XP gained will fill up a Syndicate specific meter. When this meter is full it discharges granting some AOE and temporary bonuses!

My dear Lotus, the problem is that most of the weapon choices are just terribad. No matter how good this AoE and "temporary bonuses" are nobody is going to use the freakin' Jaw Sword...

My dear Lotus, the problem is that most of the weapon choices are just terribad. No matter how good this AoE and "temporary bonuses" are nobody is going to use the freakin' Jaw Sword...

DE_Steve mentioned on the devstream that they will add some more appealing reward to the least followed Syndicates. So i believe this is just the "first batch" of mod rewards.

Edited by RexSol

I'm not far enough along in my Syndicate to get my weapon mod, but I certainly am looking at the following scenario:

Weapon A is not as good as Weapons B-Z.

Weapon A receives unique mod that gives it unique AOE property resulting in a good affect.

If the given AOE affect is 'good', Weapon A now becomes equally desirable to B-Z though this unique system.

I would disagree that "No matter how good the temp bonus is, no one will use the XYZ" is the absolute end of this story for every player. Ideally the end result of these mods is that they are used and enjoyed, and if that doesn't happen then I suspect dev will hear about it :).

I'm not far enough along in my Syndicate to get my weapon mod, but I certainly am looking at the following scenario:

Weapon A receives unique mod that gives it unique AOE property resulting in a good affect.

If the given AOE affect is 'good', Weapon A now becomes equally desirable to B-Z though this unique system.

I would disagree that "No matter how good the temp bonus is, no one will use the XYZ" is the absolute end of this story for every player. Ideally the end result of these mods is that they are used and enjoyed, and if that doesn't happen then I suspect dev will hear about it :).

So these mods are "equalizers" of sorts, yes?

Then why do they cost a bleeding arm and leg to get? If their purpose is simply to buff crappy weapons they should be some of the first rewards available!

This is exactly what I thought when I first saw the mods.  They are trying to get people to pull out their underutilized "crap" weapons by boosting the stats.  It makes perfect sense and I hope they continue.  I wouldn't want to see a mod that boosts something like the Soma even more.

Now, Akvasto mod!

Edited by FishNeedles

But if Weapon A is usable as-is the instant you get it but XYZ needs weeks of grinding (since ranking up eats your EXP) to obtain the mod that makes it comparable to A...

I'll serve as the case example. I love Hek. Hek is my most used weapon even now that I'm R16, even after multiple forma on more aggressive weapons like Latron Prime and Soma. I have wanted Hek to be buffed to "top tier" for awhile, and that is why I picked Steel Meridian. They gave me a path, albeit a very long path, to get my Hek back in first place, and I'll gladly take it.

A weapon mod buff is a little different than a raw-number buff. It makes the people who really really reallyyyy love that weapon the only ones to get the buff. I'm ok being the special snowflake who uses Hek.

Edited by Archistopheles

But if Weapon A is usable as-is the instant you get it but XYZ needs weeks of grinding (since ranking up eats your EXP) to obtain the mod that makes it comparable to A...

As long as you're always marching into battle with a sigil, you're always gaining EXP towards that syndicate.  If you're expecting to get the whole catalog within a week, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Likewise, if you could, I suspect you would likely still be disappointed, because it was over that fast.

Don't focus on grinding out the rep.  Just play as you always have.  It's there as a long term bonus or goal.  Every game with exp grinding should have something like this to continue rewarding players playing past "the cap."

Edited by Littleman88

I'll serve as the case example. I love Hek. Hek is my most used weapon even now that I'm R16, even after multiple forma on more aggressive weapons like Latron Prime and Soma. I have wanted Hek to be buffed to "top tier" for awhile, and that is why I picked Steel Meridian. They gave me a path, albeit a very long path, to get my Hek back in first place, and I'll gladly take it.

A weapon mod buff is a little different than a raw-number buff. It makes the people who really really reallyyyy love that weapon the only ones to get the buff. I'm ok being the special snowflake who uses Hek.

I'd like to join the club.  When I was doing the rep gain tests that determined every 450 exp = 1 rep, the Hek was my non-max primary weapon, and I fell in love with it during that time.  My only regret is that it's not slash damage mainly, because I do love my gibs.

Agreed, but... I don't really think the Burston Prime needed a "buff mod" as its already damn strong with regular modding. Also, while not the point of the thread, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask wheter or not these mods will affect the akimbo version of the noted weapons (will enthropy spike affect akbolto too?). You can share that much with us, yes?

I can answer this without reading any further than your post.

You're not looking at it like a beta testing project. There are some things you want feedback on based on no input given to the users. You want to see how intuitive it may be, for example. You want feedback without prior knowledge being given, to see if the information given back to you matches the ideas you've had.

Outbursts such as yours are feedback, albeit a bit harder to digest because they're more immature than anything, and it does take a bit to look past the emotional portion of it and pull any useful data out of it.

But, outbursts like yours can be somewhat useful. What would be more constructive, and more decent considering developers are people too, would be to take 5 minutes and collect your thoughts before ranting. But, that's just a suggestion.

I'm in Red Veil specifically for the Dark Dagger and Mire mods. I can run 15 minutes of Ceres Dark Sector infestation solo without powers or any other weaponry or pets, with the Mire, with my Volt

Saying that all the other weapons are "terribad" is your own personal feeling. Why not suggest what you would like to see, rather than leaving no useful criticism other than negative commentary? It would greatly help to develop the game if you left some feedback.

Edited by Janzer