The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor - Crit Build Or Full Dmg?

Yazeth

Question

10 answers to this question

The crit build has higher potential damage, but in my experience is very unreliable.

Just go full damage. It's enough to one-shot most trash mobs, and aiming for the head deals with the heavies.

Right now I'm running Stormbringer, Malignant Force, Thermite Rounds, Speed Trigger, Shred, Split Chamber, Serration, Heavy Caliber.

I think it might be actually better to use the new Corrupted fire-rate mod along with Shred. More useable RoF at the cost of a little per-shot damage; overall, the burst and sustained dps are superior with Vile Acceleration in place of Speed Trigger. That depends on what you prefer (I honestly don't know which I like more) but it's looking like Vile Acceleration might be the superior choice, especially considering the Opticor's insane ammo pool.

It's easy to get high dps with crit build because the maximum possible damage will spike really high. But, the critical distribution isn't something you can control. The Opticor might decide it's best to crit that charger but refuse to crit at Lephantis's head thrice in a row.

Because it has a slow rate of fire already I would recommend going full damage with a penetration. (you can go 3.0 which I had my soma at once)

The reason being is there is some crit damage multipliers that make it SLOWER than anything. (which I did put on my dread)

I would recommend a build that at most just uses one critical chance mod. 

My current 5 forma build:

Serration 10

heavy caliber 10

Spit chamber 5

Vile acceleration 5

Shred 5

Point strike 5

- +90% damage mod - 5

- +90% damage mod - 5

I would not use more than one critical mod, because of how essential fire-rate is for the weapon. The critical chance is not reliable so replacing it with a 3rd elemental mod or something else wouldn't hurt.

Edited by LazyKnight