Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/ic, 18+] The Apocalypse - The Labyrinth.

Zeus154

The desperation is real. Crisis has spread its influence on the war-torn worlds. The syndicates with their hateful nature to one another has caused an intergalactic schism. These factions were always at each others throats, their ideals conflicting with one another. The war amongst themselves caused resources to plummet, the death toll to increase and the costs to be greater.

However when one piece of Orokin technology started and ended it all. It was an Orokin super-weapon, capable of incredible destructive potential. Void expedition teams involving Sequence, Meridian, Suda, Loka, and Arbiters negotiated to band together against the Red Veil. All of them knew that they intended to do with such weapon. In the end of it, the Red Veil that ran off with the technology.

The dogs-of-war, cleansed the world with their “great and violent purge,” effectively crippling the galaxy.  Only remnants of the syndicates and factions are in this world, including the Red Veil themselves.

Infested and Void disturbances started occurring. No one was truly safe from their clutches - Corrupted entities, Ancients, and malformed horrors took over the planets when everything was at its weakest point. Void shadows splotch large areas of the planet surfaces and out into space. Infestation happily burrowed into the desolate soils of the ruined planets.

--------------

Welcome!

If you are just tuning in, then please read on! This guide has some insightful information helpful for up-and-coming wanderers.

READ BELOW, BEFORE VENTURING FORTH.

--------------

Generally in the wastes, there are no rules. It is a cruel world, where only the strong survive. Dirty fighting, or anything that can get you the upper hand can and will help you. But these aren't the rules we are talking about.

We're talking about basic civilities.

- Keep in general rules of the higher-ups; I don't want you to get in any trouble. I don't want this thread to get in trouble. So long as you follow those rules, that is already said and done. (Just follow general forum policy. We wouldn't want the moderators on our hands, now will we?)

- Keep the scope of the wastes in mind; it is not really a peaceful place. It's dreary, dark and aggressive. If you're ill-equipped, you're going to have a bad time. (Keep within the bounds of the RP, do that and you'll be fine.)

In addition to the forum rules, I have a few rules that you as a poster should abide by. Red will be the ones you'll have to focus on. Green is general knowledge, but something to keep in mind. Orange is important.

1. Maturity
This thread will have many things that will be graphic. Violent, disturbing, and shocking, it will be part of this thread. If you are desensitized to this kind of thing, that is fine. But please keep a good head about posting and reading. To sum it up - it’s road rules; there are no rules.

Side-Note(s): I will NOT go into detail about relationship statuses; if you are getting to the point where things might get a bit…. promiscuous… keep it short and classy. Going into depth on a forum will get you banned, as this will be breaking forum rules. I will allow shipping inside the thread, but when that hits the fan, just keep in mind the things above.

2. Post length/quality
I have been rather lenient about this rule, but now I might have to consider enforcing it. I want to see better post quality from the posters now. Some inside the thread are already there and expanding; they have been making some great posts from starting out. I won’t say who, but you will know who you are.

I don’t want to see a couple generic lines of dialogue and filler content. Add some meat to your post, like character thoughts, actions, or add something to a plan/conversation. This will take you minimal post to a post with a bit more substance. Add to it.

Side-Note(s): I can accept the occasional two-three line post (in general, or in certain situations), but I don’t want to see consistent amounts of these. This would be the only exception.

3. Applying to the thread
Applications will be changed to a rather organized standard. Please use this format if you want to enter.

Name: Example
Race/faction: Corpus/Grineer/Tenno
Syndicate involvement: Steel Meridian/Arbiters of Hexis/Ceph. Suda/Perrin Sequence/Red Veil/New Loka
Occupation (optional): Grineer Doctor/Corpus Engineer/Tenno Mentor
Biography: *Insert story here*

This just to make some facts stand out a bit more.

These rules will be in effect. Hopefully all of you will be able to make it successfully inside the thread. I will deem if you get removed or not.

If you want to join in on the adventure, or to make a suggestion, place your feedback here and I'll sort it out - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/326252-open-ooc-the-apocalypse-rough-concept-discussion-ideas/

More material is discussed in there, so if you want a little more insight, then read the OOC.

--------------

END OF RULES

Europa, a frozen tundra world. It is a very cold world, almost inhospitable to those unprepared. There is a settlement very much out of place, away from the other dilapidated ruins of ships and frozen plains. Many have made their pilgrimage to this place and less survive to see the sight.

It is a small makeshift camp made from a ship wreckage. It is diverse with people of different cultural backgrounds. However with more and more people coming in, resources are dwindling. Some are booted out, or some are sent out as scavenging teams. It is here that we begin our story.

"Attention all members - We are experiencing a shortage of resources. We are sorry for the inconvenience." A person over the loudspeaker stated.

The community of people sighed and went about their days. Some complained about the resource shortage, saying that they do not have enough food to sustain themselves. Others sat silently, awaiting for more optimistic outcomes.

A young Tenno, decided that it was time to leave. Things were soon going to head in a rather backwards direction for this community. There always too many shortages, and many corrupt leaders in the community. She called out to those who were willing.

"Anyone willing to join me for an adventure?"

Edited by Zeus154

A Doctor.

A Healer.

A Scientist.

These words described the black coated and bird masked Grineer doctor known as Seth Raam, a Grineer Doctor whom was always mysterious in his past, even when he arrived to the frozen wastelands on Europa. He didn't like it as much, It didn't provide much flora or plants for his work and it was difficult to traverse at times, he raised an eyebrow when the call raised out. At the time he was fixing his Grinlok rifle, it's always served him well during his travels. 

After collecting his hat, Backpack, coat and mask, He left the makeshift lab he owned in part of the Camp, put his rifle across his shoulder via a sling, and left to approach the Tenno and nodded to her "I am"

Edited by Drakeardian

'Me! You could call me Sigrid. Sigrid Drake.' A black snakey hand of an ash shot up.

He stood out and faced the two of them. He had just arrived at this outpost a few days ago. When he first stepped into the camp, he is already disliking what he saw. Sick and wounded are lying around the premises of the border, with little supplies in the outpost storage. No care are provided, everyone are left to look after themselves. Just yesterday, a few survivors are booted out the camp because of their inability to work. Sigrid was among the frontest most people to witness the scene. A few guards, holding what limited weapons they have, overwatched the process. One of the people, a grineer female with a child, begged the guards to have mercy. The guards viewed her with indifference and when she refused to leave, they grabbed her baby from his mother's arm, threw him on the ground, and brutally stomped on him. Sigrid, feeling a rush of anger, pushed away the people in front of him and in a few quick strides reached the guard and questioned him.

'Why did u do that, u fker!' Sigrid yelled, while the mother wailing anguishly on the ground next to him.

The guard, turned his ice cold eyes towards him, and said in a commanding voice, 'Go back to the crowd or the baby's fate will be yours.'

The mother anguish cry is still ringing in his heart. There had been a time in his life when he wouldn't care at all. This is a world that the strongest survives and the weakest perished. But that time has long past. It is because of these kind of selfish people that the war broke out, leaving countless of innocent people wandering in this ruined world, Sigrid remarked. He knew that this place is not for him to stay, too much injustice, too much disorder. And then this young tenno, stood up and tried to take her chance against this cruel world. He admired his courage, but most of all he need to leave. This place is going to turn real bad soon. He picked up his acrid, hung it on his sash. Picked up his dragon nikana, pulled it out to inspect its blade. Satisfied, he hung it on the other side. He picked up his mercenary bag quickly and switftly and answered the call of the young tenno.

Edited by lol_NICK_lol

The Corpus sat on the ground, his toolbox and supplies out before him. He'd managed to snatch up a few electronic supplies when no one was looking and was now attempting to construct a new cooling system for his MOA's Fusion Beam Projector. No such luck. These parts were too badly damaged to be made into anything. He sighed, putting away his tools and toolbox before activating and commanding his Fusion MOA to follow, leaving the parts behind in a pile.

He'd been in this outpost for a while, and so far had managed to scrap by. Since this outpost had been built out of a ship wreckage there'd been plenty of work for him to do regarding getting the place up and running. The only reason his Proxies hadn't been scraped yet was because the Fusion MOA could be used to help wield things together while the Osprey could be used to recharge the shields of the guards.

But soon even that wouldn't help him. With resources in such short supply, soon everyone but the corrupt leaders of this place would be vulnerable to getting kicked out or execution. Or execution by getting kicked out. All he knew was that he would have to get out of here before all that went down.

He heard the Tenno call out and gulped. He'd always feared the Tenno. Anyone that had been in his position, a relatively combat untrained, high priority Engineer working on the front lines of battle would learn to fear them. He'd heard tales of Engineers like him being captured, their screams echoing through the Corpus halls as they were ripped apart, molecule by molecule and whisked away to void know's where, probably some torture chamber where they were kept until they revealed their secrets and knowledge.

Even during his time in the outpost he'd always tried to avoid the Tenno, whether that be walking next to them or working with them, he'd always tried to avoid them. He'd have liked to avoid this Tenno's call too, avoid going off into the unseen wilds of Europa, where he could be killed without a second thought and no one would ever know.

But he didn't have a choice. He definitely couldn't survive out there by myself, and he couldn't risk waiting for a possible other group that would take him in before everything in the outpost went to s***. He slowly approached the Tenno, his scrap covered Fusion MOA following close behind, lightly raising his hand before speaking.

"I'll... I'll come"

After collecting his hat, Backpack, coat and mask, He left the makeshift lab he owned in part of the Camp, put his rifle across his shoulder via a sling, and left to approach the Tenno and nodded to her "I am"

'Me! You could call me Sigrid. Sigrid Drake.' A black snakey hand of an ash shot up.

He definitely couldn't survive out there by myself, and he couldn't risk waiting for a possible other group that would take him in before everything in the outpost went to s***. He slowly approached the Tenno, his scrap covered Fusion MOA following close behind, lightly raising his hand before speaking.

"I'll... I'll come"

The young one didn't expect to see so much enthusiasm and bravery in such a short time-span. It was about morning, with the soon rising slowly over the camp. She gave a warm smile to all of them, but they wouldn't really be able to see it.

She herself is a young Tenno, around her mid-twenties. She donned a standard Nyx Warframe. Attached was a Menticide helmet. What was also interesting about the Warframe was that it had the Prime variants design. White, black, and green.

The frame' was in relatively good condition, but it had it's issues. Her suit's power module was damaged so some auxiliary functions act sporadically, like her internal temperature regulator. Some of her powers won't cast out or function properly either.

She shivered a bit from the cold. Her suit module had gone out temporarily.

"Damn suit module..." She mumbled to herself. "Might have to get that fixed soon."

She toted a Karak assault rifle and a Viper machine pistol. Both maintained really well, even through the harshest of conditions. She looked at all of the fellow members awaiting further orders.

"We'll wait for a little bit, see if any more people would like to join us." She said to all of the group.

Edited by Zeus154

Cal, a Excalibur prime, donning a snow white frame weaken from battles of the past, over heard the tenno's call and thought it be interesting to help out, so he walks over to his little shack, on the border of the community to collect his gear, his dread bow colored white and grey to blend in the frozen wastes, his pistol Magnus and a simple skana, a bag with supplies and other stuff, and lastly his cloak. On his way out he saw a grineer family laying cold and alone with not much to with them,

Walking over to them he says in their language " See that shack over there, it's yours. It has food and a heat source." And walks away to the younge nyxs group, as he's walking away he hears " thank you so much" and looks over to them as they rush to the shack,

" you just gave away your place again" a voice said in his helmet

"Yep and I'll just make another"

"Why? It's pointless to do that over and over again"

" I don't care, it's right"

And with that the voice silenced.

He gets to the group and says " I'll join you"

Edited by NexusDragoon

At the Tenno saying they'd be waiting, the Corpus turned back to his Fusion MOA, ordering it to crouch down lower to the ground so he could expect it better. If they were to be going out into the frozen wastes he'd have to make sure his Proxies were insulated well enough to protect themselves from the cold, for several reasons.

They are not going to start their journey any time soon at this rate. It doesn't matter to him though, he needs much time to meditate on his thoughts. He spoke briefly to the Nyx, 'I'll be back.' And with great agility, he leaped up a roof of a shack, and in the shadows he disappeared.

He stood at the tip of the desolate spaceship. Under the pale moonlight, the ice and snow is of an eerie blue. Faraway, the silhouettes of the mountains could be glimpsed. He sat down, contemplating silently.

The corpus, he has not seen their like for such a long time. And the last one he saw was brutally severed by his nikana. He doesn't even know what hit him. One second he is alive and breathing, and the other he is mumbling, grasping for breath in his blood.

Sigrid pulled out his nikana, the edge was sharp and clean, without a mark. But a lot of blood of the innocent spilled on it. He closed his eyes, how could he be so cruel before? What done is done, there is no way to correct his past error. He sheathed the nikana.

Before he killed for fun, killing is just a kind of sport to him. Hell, he had even compete with fellow tennos to see who killed fastest. But not now, he is older and had seen much more. He must use it more wisely.

Edited by lol_NICK_lol

Maniac shoved through a crowd of people, hearing every word said between them, every angry comment, every grumble of disgust, he was hated, not because he was grineer, but because of his reputation, the guards avoided him, the people cursed him, and once he got out of the crowd, he looked to the tenno offering an adventure, saying nothing, but nodding his head and blinking his eyes.

Cal watches as the grineer Maniac walk over to the group and and nodded to him, he remembers seeing him in the field of combat and was impressed with his skill. Then thinks to him self about the group so far

Sigrid a Tenno of great skill, few had his ability for combat, had meet him on many different missions before coming here

The grineer doctor Seth he knew only be reputation, but havin him put him at some ease.

The corpus was the same but he knew of the fusion moa he kept more then he knew him.

And lastly the nyx, he can't seem to recall her so he asks

"So nyx may I have your name?"

Commander Kor was awoken from his thoughts by a voice.  He deduced it was a Tenno as it lacked the certain quality that the Corpus had when they spoke, and it the lacked deep throated gruffness of a Grineer.  The voice was calling peoples attention, but what for?  He rose from his seat and headed towards the commotion readying his Kraken just in case.  As he made his way toward the crowd he finally heard what the voice was saying, and it was something he had wanted to hear for quite some time now.

A call to adventure.

Holstering his Kraken on his left hip and walking toward the Tenno, he broke through the crowd without hesitation, pushing through the populous like a knife through warm butter. As he moved closer he noticed the group the Tenno had attracted.  There was a butcher, an unfamiliar Ash, an equally unfamiliar Excalibur Prime, a Corpus tinkering with what appeared to be an old Fusion MOA, a Grineer doctor fiddling with God knows what, and the Tenno instigator herself who was wearing a Nyx warframe.

Kor stopped at the edge of them all, waiting for either the current conversation to end, or for them to notice him.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

The Nyx noticed the Corpus, Grineer Doctor and Ash take their temporary leave, as they will be waiting for anyone else. She felt very cold withing the Warframe, as the suit didn't really provide much warmth. She shuddered under the frosty breeze, with her breath exhaling light clouds of carbon dioxide.

She feared that she might turn into a stiff board by the time the exit the settlement. It remains daytime still, with the sun overhead. A little less than noon.

Cal watches as the grineer Maniac walk over to the group and and nodded to him, he remembers seeing him in the field of combat and was impressed with his skill. Then thinks to him self about the group so far
Sigrid a Tenno of great skill, few had his ability for combat, had meet him on many different missions before coming here
The grineer doctor Seth he knew only be reputation, but havin him put him at some ease.
The corpus was the same but he knew of the fusion moa he kept more then he knew him.
And lastly the nyx, he can't seem to recall her so he asks

"So nyx may I have your name?"

The Nyx replies simply. "Adalynn."

Commander Kor was awoken from his thoughts by a voice.  He deduced it was a Tenno as it lacked the certain quality that the Corpus had when they spoke, and it the lacked deep throated gruffness of a Grineer.  The voice was calling peoples attention, but what for?  He rose from his seat and headed towards the commotion readying his Kraken just in case.  As he made his way toward the crowd he finally heard what the voice was saying, and it was something he had wanted to hear for quite some time now.

A call to adventure.

Holstering his Kraken on his left hip and walking toward the Tenno, he broke through the crowd without hesitation, pushing through the populous like a knife through warm butter. As he moved closer he noticed the group the Tenno had attracted.  There was a butcher, an unfamiliar Ash, an equally unfamiliar Excalibur Prime, a Corpus tinkering with what appeared to be an old Fusion MOA, a Grineer doctor fiddling with God knows what, and the Tenno instigator herself who was wearing a Nyx warframe.

Kor stopped at the edge of them all, waiting for either the current conversation to end, or for them to notice him.

Adalynn sees Commander Kor, within her peripherals. She was a little surprised to see the esteemed individual join the party of rag-tag Grineer, Corpus and Tenno.

"Ah, Commander Kor. Fancy seeing you. Why are you here?" She asked.

Adalynn sees Commander Kor, within her peripherals. She was a little surprised to see the esteemed individual join the party of rag-tag Grineer, Corpus and Tenno.

"Ah, Commander Kor. Fancy seeing you. Why are you here?" She asked.

"I was awoken by your... call to adventure, and seeing that I have nothing else to do but wait for death, I was wondering if I could join you." he replies. 

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Adalynn good name, and thought he mightve heard that somewhere.

He replies to to her" Im Cal" then looks at Kor and smirked, another grineer of great skill. this group was looking good for what ever they may face out there

Edited by NexusDragoon

"I was awoken by your... call to adventure, and seeing that I have nothing else to do but wait for death, I was wondering if I could join you." he replies. 

Adalynn smiled.

"You can join. It is always nice to have another helping hand."

She looked around the settlement, seeing if there are any interested individuals. She called out to the populous.

"Anyone else willing to join us?"

The settlement responded with relative silence. There were some coughs and whispers amongst the people themselves saying - "That group isn't going to last very long, a week at the most." All of them don't really seem interested at the idea of joining a rag-tag group. They'd rather find something much safer, but right now the constant shortages aren't really proving such statement. 

"Looks like there aren't very many people to join us." She said to herself. "Well, we might as well get a move on. We don't have time to waste."

The Nyx slung a bag on her shoulders. It was filled with food and water, enough to satiate essential needs for a few days. She hoped that she wouldn't have to run out soon. Her body shuddered from the cold. Her suit module was still on the fritz... standing here wasn't going to help. She'll become a stiff board, if this continues.

The Engineer stood back as he told the MOA to rise once again. He'd inspected them and determined that they'd survive out there, as long as their shields remained up. Their shields would go down slowly and gradually though, but he figured this would be easily reversed through the use of the Osprey's shield projector. They moved back to the group, mechanical boots and feet crunching in the snow as he walked.

He saw that two more Grineer had showed, and noticed the Exicalibur Cal who he'd missed before. He stopped, waited, took a deep breath and continued on, tense. Once he arrived he stopped, only moving to quickly glance at the other group members, his MOA close behind him.

Wasn't this going to be fun.

Adalynn smiled.

"You can join. It is always nice to have another helping hand."

She looked around the settlement, seeing if there are any interested individuals. She called out to the populous.

"Anyone else willing to join us?"

The settlement responded with relative silence. There were some coughs and whispers amongst the people themselves saying - "That group isn't going to last very long, a week at the most." All of them don't really seem interested at the idea of joining a rag-tag group. They'd rather find something much safer, but right now the constant shortages aren't really proving such statement. 

"Looks like there aren't very many people to join us." She said to herself. "Well, we might as well get a move on. We don't have time to waste."

The Nyx slung a bag on her shoulders. It was filled with food and water, enough to satiate essential needs for a few days. She hoped that she wouldn't have to run out soon. Her body shuddered from the cold. Her suit module was still on the fritz... standing here wasn't going to help. She'll become a stiff board, if this continues.

Doctor Raam had returned to the groups side after collecting his medical back and modifying his equipment. He joined the group at the gate after passing the crowd, some begging for food, other's just scowling and staring at him. 

Once he arrived at the gate. he looked over to the Grineer Maniac and Commander Kor. "Commander" he responded after nodding his beak to him and to Maniac.

Edited by Drakeardian

Doctor Raam had returned to the groups side after collecting his medical back and modifying his equipment. He joined the group at the gate after passing the crowd, some begging for food, other's just scowling and staring at him. 

Once he arrived at the gate. he looked over to the Grineer Maniac and Commander Kor. "Commander" he responded after nodding his beak to him and to Maniac.

"Doctor." Commander Kor replied with a slight nod as he finishes zeroing in his Kraken's sights while waiting for the group to ready themselves.  He then pops off the Kraken's case and starts replacing parts with some spares he keeps in his utility pouch.

Maniac attempted to get the doctors attention, showing his hands, pieces of broken glass and shrapnel imbedded in his skin, which had healed over. Maniac indicated this by pulling on one, showing it wouldn't come out, and then pointed at the doctor and did the same thing again.

Maniac attempted to get the doctors attention, showing his hands, pieces of broken glass and shrapnel imbedded in his skin, which had healed over. Maniac indicated this by pulling on one, showing it wouldn't come out, and then pointed at the doctor and did the same thing again.

Seth raised an eyebrow under his mask at Maniac's actions and injuries before replying "If we survive this, come by my lab if you wish those shards removed. This won't be the time or place for such requirements."

He walked over to the door and awaited for the Nyx to order the guards to open it up "Let's see what this journey has for us" he replied towards the Nyx.