Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Invite-Only/ic, 18+] The Apocalypse - The Labyrinth.

Zeus154

Commander Kor walked over to the injured scorpion, and answered on the doctor's behalf "No, you do not need to be afraid, Doctor Raam is very capable"  He said in Grineer. He looked at her, she was obviously very young, as her skin was only just beginning to crack due to DNA degradation.  He looked at her jumpsuit and noticed it was one of the standard jumpsuits that the Grineer give to new soldiers.  Then he noticed her limbs, and what he saw surprised him.  They were her original limbs, and not the cybernetic prosthesis that all new Grineer receive after "birth".  He was very curious, but he decided that simple conversation was for the best.  So he asked her the simplest question of all  "What is your name?" He said in Grineer.

She shivered and looked away from the Grineer in front of her. She wasn't sure if she could believe them, then again, she didn't know who she could trust. She let out a sigh that condensed in front of her, then turned to face the Grineer that had questioned her. "Private Emereen T'klosha of the 703rd Heavy Gunner Corps. Designation: Kower squad." she said automatically. 

As the adrenaline entered her system, Emereen quickly sat up with a gasp, then proceeded to grab the side of her head as a sharp pain entered it. Now unearthed from the snow, the others got a better look at her appearance:

Her height was in between that of a Heavy Gunner and Scorpion, yet closer to a Scorpion since she didn't have robotics legs, or any implants. She had orange eyes and olive skin, a common characteristic of any Grineer, as well as long, black, matted hair that was wet with sweat and blood. Her hair was thin in some areas and her skin had begun to crack, signs of DNA destabilization. She wore an orange, full-body jumpsuit made out of the trade-marked ribbed fabric of the Grineer, giving her greater mobility but zero protection from practically anything, be it bullets or weather. The suit was riddled with scratches of varying sizes, further diminishing its ability to keep her warm.

Her vision started to return as well as her chills, causing her to hold her arms close to her body for warmth. The shock from her sitting up caused the metal boomerang to collapse again, extinguishing it's warmth giving flames. As she continued to tremor from the cold, she looked at the people around her, unsure of what to do. Voice shaky with cold and fear, she turned to the doctor beside her and said in the Grineer tongue, "Should I be afraid? Because I am."

Seth removed his coat and offered it to the Grineer Gunner. "I don't think fear is needed, Besides, I am a doctor." he replied "How exactly did you end up in this wasteland Private?" 

The Doctor then picked up his rifle and scanned the area with his scope to check out the scenery and also anything of interest.

Edited by Drakeardian

She shivered and looked away from the Grineer in front of her. She wasn't sure if she could believe them, then again, she didn't know who she could trust. She let out a sigh that condensed in front of her, then turned to face the Grineer that had questioned her. "Private Emereen T'klosha of the 703rd Heavy Gunner Corps. Designation: Kower squad." she said automatically. 

Commander Kor listened to the young Grineer, surprised with what she could remember after almost dying out in the tundra of Europa.  Usually the people he met that survived the harsh environment went insane.  "Good, good."  He responded.  "I am Commander Krem Kor formerly of the 501st Naval Marines.  Bravo Team"   So far so good he thought.

Seth removed his coat and offered it to the Grineer Gunner. "I don't think fear is needed, Besides, I am a doctor." he replied "How exactly did you end up hear Private in this wasteland?" 

The Doctor then picked up his rifle and scanned the area with his scope to check out the scenery and also anything of interest.

Emereen accepted the doctor's offering and quickly wrapped herself in it. She was still cold, but the coat was infinitely times better than nothing. "I cratered about two klicks to the east." she said, her voice quiet as she focused on keeping warm. 

Speaking in Corpus, Vallis ordered the MOA to a spot next to the Gunner that was not, at the time, occupied by anyone else. The MOA fired a low intensity beam at the ground. The beam would melt the snow it touched and provide warmth.

Although being in proximity to the beam wouldn't hurt, touching it would still result in burn wounds, particular to uncovered or poorly defended flesh. After around seven seconds of co continuous fire, the beam would slowly increase in heat, with rate of increase also increasing as time went by.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Speaking in Corpus, Vallis ordered the MOA to a spot next to the Gunner that was not, at the time, occupied by anyone else. The MOA fired a low intensity beam at the ground. The beam would melt the snow it touched and provide warmth.

Although being in proximity to the beam wouldn't hurt, touching it would still result in burn wounds, particular to uncovered or poorly defended flesh. After around seven seconds of co continuous fire, the beam would slowly increase in heat, with rate of increase also increasing as time went by.

Emereen let out a content sigh as the warmth seeped through the coat and was contained inside, keeping her warm. With the threat of death by freezing over, her body decided to focus on the other problems, such as dehydration, starvation, and destabilization. Her stomach loosed a loud growl, causing Emereen to blush with embarrassment and let out a nervous laugh.

Emereen let out a content sigh as the warmth seeped through the coat and was contained inside, keeping her warm. With the threat of death by freezing over, her body decided to focus on the other problems, such as dehydration, starvation, and destabilization. Her stomach loosed a loud growl, causing Emereen to blush with embarrassment and let out a nervous laugh.

Seth raised an eyebrow and rummaged though his backpack for food or water for Emereen to eat. He offered her one of his spare water flasks and a sandwich for her before asking "Tell me, Are you afraid of needles?" to which he removed a syringe from his belt and began to fill it with a green glowing liquid.

Seth raised an eyebrow and rummaged though his backpack for food or water for Emereen to eat. He offered her one of his spare water flasks and a sandwich for her before asking "Tell me, Are you afraid of needles?" to which he removed a syringe from his belt and began to fill it with a green glowing liquid.

She quickly breathed in the food and water she was offered, realizing she was hungrier than she thought she was. As she saw the doctor ready the syringe, she swallowed and said, "Not particularly, no. It's a sad reality, but I had no choice but to get used to them. Genetic reassignment sucks."

She quickly breathed in the food and water she was offered, realizing she was hungrier than she thought she was. As she saw the doctor ready the syringe, she swallowed and said, "Not particularly, no. It's a sad reality, but I had no choice but to get used to them. Genetic reassignment sucks."

"There's a reason why it's there Private." replied the Doctor in a disappointed manner "If you wish to join us to help search for supplies you may or you can stay at the base which is low up supplies" Then the Doctor quickly said "Arm please"

"There's a reason why it's there Private." replied the Doctor in a disappointed manner "If you wish to join us to help search for supplies you may or you can stay at the base which is low up supplies" Then the Doctor quickly said "Arm please"

Emereen offered the doctor her arm and flicked her hair back with a 'hmmph'. "I guess I'll accompany you guys," she said in fluent English. She eyed the group, continuing, "It's the least I could do to repay your kindness. However, I don't know how useful I'll be; I don't have anything in terms of defense." She lifted the folded boomerang, "i don't have any idea how this works."

Emereen offered the doctor her arm and flicked her hair back with a 'hmmph'. "I guess I'll accompany you guys," she said in fluent English. She eyed the group, continuing, "It's the least I could do to repay your kindness. However, I don't know how useful I'll be; I don't have anything in terms of defense." She lifted the folded boomerang, "i don't have any idea how this works."

Seth finally inserted the Syringe into Emereen's arm, replying to her in Grineer. "I am Doctor Seth Raam, Former Researcher at Genetics led by Tyl Regor." then speaking in fluent English replied "The Serum's a crude DNA Stabiliser I made in my lab at the Settlement, it's not perfect but so far there have been no side effects so far." 

Once that was said and done, Seth proceeded to help the Private up onto her feet "You throw it at anyone that shoots you and when it comes back to you, catch it."  then he said to the group in Grineer "Hlesk gkk" which to those who knew grineer meant "Let's go"

Maniac raised an eyebrow, having technically no weapons himself had never stopped him, and yet he did not step forward, instead shrugging and opening his hands to show her his condition, saying in a gravelly voice,

"Find a way." He winced at the pain, and said nothing more.

Kor eyed the private, and she wasn't lying.  She had absolutely nothing to protect herself with in terms of armor.  Kor's eyes drifted to the boomerang.  "Is that a Kestrel?" he asked.  "Many a Tenno has thrown one of these my way." he said with a laugh.  "I know these things inside and out.  May I see it private?" Kor said with an outstretched hand.

Seth finally inserted the Syringe into Emereen's arm, replying to her in Grineer. "I am Doctor Seth Raam, Former Researcher at Genetics led by Tyl Regor." then speaking in fluent English replied "The Serum's a crude DNA Stabiliser I made in my lab at the Settlement, it's not perfect but so far there have been no side effects so far." 

Once that was said and done, Seth proceeded to help the Private up onto her feet "You throw it at anyone that shoots you and when it comes back to you, catch it."  then he said to the group in Grineer "Hlesk gkk" which to those who knew grineer meant "Let's go"

As the serum entered her body, she began to feel better as the sick feeling ebbed. Some of the cracks in her skin began to recover, returning it to almost perfect condition. "Thanks, Doc." she said, her voice slowly gaining a cheery tone. 

Kor eyed the private, and she wasn't lying.  She had absolutely nothing to protect herself with in terms of armor.  Kor's eyes drifted to the boomerang.  "Is that a Kestrel?" he asked.  "Many a Tenno has thrown one of these my way." he said with a laugh.  "I know these things inside and out.  May I see it private?" Kor said with an outstretched hand.

She handed Kor the folded Kestrel, then quickly pulled the borrowed coat tightly around her slender frame. "So far, all I know is that it's good at producing heat." she said. Realizing that her last sentence may have sounded bizarre, she added, "You'll get it when you get it to unfold."

Vallis had been quietly observing the Grineer group, his eyes moving to the Kestrel as the Grineer pulled it out, and staying there for several seconds. Shaking his head to pry his eyes away, he turned to the MOA and ordered "Ypok". Almost immediately the MOA cut off it's beam and did the equivalent of standing to attention.

As the serum entered her body, she began to feel better as the sick feeling ebbed. Some of the cracks in her skin began to recover, returning it to almost perfect condition. "Thanks, Doc." she said, her voice slowly gaining a cheery tone. 

She handed Kor the folded Kestrel, then quickly pulled the borrowed coat tightly around her slender frame. "So far, all I know is that it's good at producing heat." she said. Realizing that her last sentence may have sounded bizarre, she added, "You'll get it when you get it to unfold."

Kor accepted the Kestrel.  "You know, it's very easy once you get the hang of it." he said as he masterfully expanded the boomerang.  "You must grip it here." he said as he showed the newcomer how to expand it.  "Then you simply reach back and throw." he said as he threw the boomerang as hard as he could.  "Now you must wait and be ready to catch it.  It comes in with some velocity depending on how hard you throw it, so you must be careful."  The Kestrel returned about two seconds later as it rammed into the commanders massive hand landing with a loud metal on metal sound.  "Now, try it yourself private" he said as he handed the Kestrel back to Emereen.

Kor accepted the Kestrel.  "You know, it's very easy once you get the hang of it." he said as he masterfully expanded the boomerang.  "You must grip it here." he said as he showed the newcomer how to expand it.  "Then you simply reach back and throw." he said as he threw the boomerang as hard as he could.  "Now you must wait and be ready to catch it.  It comes in with some velocity depending on how hard you throw it, so you must be careful."  The Kestrel returned about two seconds later as it rammed into the commanders massive hand landing with a loud metal on metal sound.  "Now, try it yourself private" he said as he handed the Kestrel back to Emereen.

Emereen took back her Kestrel and eyed it curiously. She looked up a bit, then threw it as hard as she could towards the horizon. Sure enough, the boomerang started to come back. Keeping it in her sights, she backed up a few steps, then jumped up to catch it. Just as Kor had said, it came back with force, knocking her out of the air and right into a snow drift with a slight "Eeep!". She was completely buried, but her arm protruded out from the pile of snow, showing that she had successfully caught the heavy boomerang.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Emereen took back her Kestrel and eyed it curiously. She looked up a bit, then threw it as hard as she could towards the horizon. Sure enough, the boomerang started to come back. Keeping it in her sights, she backed up a few steps, then jumped up to catch it. Just as Kor had said, it came back with force, knocking her out of the air and right into a snow drift with a slight "Eeep!". She was completely buried, but her arm protruded out from the pile of snow, showing that she had successfully caught the heavy boomerang.

Kor laughed harder than he ever had before.  "I told you it came back with some velocity!" he laughed before walking over and pulling her completely out of the snow.  "The trick is to grab onto it and let it push you back, don't try to control it like that."  He noticed the group getting ready to leave.  "You can practice later, but we must move on now." he said  while walking towards the group still chuckling to himself.

Vallis looked to the group. After several seconds of contemplating, sweating and after a hearty gulp, he spoke up.

"Hey um... If any of you get too cold, just ah, tell me, and i'll get the... uh... MOA to heat you up."

As he spoke, all he wanted to do was shrink back into the white landscape.

Commander Kor looked Vallis directly in the eye.  "Why so nervous... corpus?"  He bluntly asked.