Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Changes For Better Gameplay Ideas

npc15

This topic is for people who have played Limbo to talk about ideas for the frame. Hear are mine.

1. Change the banish ability to do a group effect when you hit a target it will only effect that type of target (friendly or enemy), range effects this.

2.When Rift Walk is active and you walk into the Cataclysm you are in the normal plain allowing you to shoot enemies outside the bubble but the enemy will still be in the void.

3.Make the Cataclysm able to be toggleable by hitting the button again (dont make it a never ending power keep the timer and shrinking).

oh and an idea for anti troll-- if you get sent to the void and you want out hold the crouch button for three seconds.

Edited by npc15

1) I have been playing Limbo as a heavy-killer. I either banish the heavy and then rift-walk when I want to kill him, or rift-walk and banish him when I am in position, depending on the situation. I am finding that Banish is very good for calculated strategic actions, and a lot of that is down to being able to separate specific targets from the rest. At first I wished it were AOE, but after using it a bunch I would like to keep it as a single-target skill.

2) While this would be useful, I think it would be confusing. Maybe casting it while in the Cataclysm would do this, but walking in and out of it should maintain limbo-state.

Anti-troll) That just sounds obscure and annoying to people who like crouching.

To me the only problems of limbo are

-cataclysm not allowing to take loots

-casting time of rift walk and cataclysm too long (especially cataclysm)

i enjoy a lot being able to put a single enemy in the rift with banish... it turn limbo into an assassin able to focus enemies like grineer / ancient / eximus etc...

if i want to put more than 1 enemy either i leave the rift or i use cataclysm

This topic is for people who have played Limbo to talk about ideas for the frame. Hear are mine.

1. Change the banish ability to do a group effect when you hit a target it will only effect that type of target (friendly or enemy), range effects this.

2.When Rift Walk is active and you walk into the Cataclysm you are in the normal plain allowing you to shoot enemies outside the bubble but the enemy will still be in the void.

3.Make the Cataclysm able to be toggleable by hitting the button again (dont make it a never ending power keep the timer and shrinking).

oh and an idea for anti troll-- if you get sent to the void and you want out hold the crouch button for three seconds.

I like banish as a single target ability it lets me carefully control what is in the rift. If whole groups of enemies were banished at once it would make the ability far less useful.

I think it would be cool if you could banish people that are in the Cataclysm to force them out of the rift, and of course rift walking yourself out would be a useful feature.

Rather than toggle-able Cataclysm I'd prefer to be able to recast it while it was still active, as that would allow me to manage multiple zones of conflict at a time instead of forcing me to focus on only one spot.

Edited by Selpar

#1 I feel would be better as a ability augment mod, so instead of a single target, it can target a radius. 

#2 Would be nice, IF that worked with Banish as well.

#3 I kind of like, but I don't know if I should say yes to the keeping the timer, or request something like Nyx's ult, where it's active as long as you have power.

I thought about the idea for multiple catacysms  but the thought of someone trolling those was the kill point for that idea. (for me at least) and for a never ending cataclysm i didnt suggest it because i dont feel like headbutting the try hards that only want there type of gameplay. i support the idea for an augmented version of banish for the splash effect.

Edited by npc15

Hey, decided to give my own 2 cents on the topic.

Overall i like the idea of Limbo. I like his toolkit and thought of an idea, though not sure how it will change the gameplay (and if it was already suggested).

Leave all skills except for 3rd one as they are(maybe some minor changes like void in the void = reality).

Instead of a damage buff on 3rd ability something like void/rift bullets would do great i think.

Casting void bullets will basically make your ammunition void (as name states, duuuh), this would bring even more tactical approach i think.

How it works :

- While Limbo in the the real world :

Casting Void bullets will make the bullets void.

Why ?

This would give you the ability to shoot enemies caught in the cataclysm, but they wont be able to damage you. 

- While Limbo in the Void :

Casting Void bullets would make bullets real.

Why?

Being in the Void but being able to shoot enemies in the real world (OP, i know).

Probably more variations and combinations.

The problem is, that it will give Limbo a god mode, being able to kill enemies with no danger to himself. Having something like :

-Each bullet eats up energy won't work with bows and other oneshot/kill weapons.

-High cost won't work because of the crazy energy regeneration in the Void.

Possible solution: Shooting enemies with Void bullets has a chance that they will also enter the void (and might own you)

This might also be a team buff, which will help a lot.

Just a thought, would like to hear comments, basically my concern is : this being OP.

P.S. Trolling can be avoided by having an ability to leave the void on demand(as stated in posts above)

Edited by Depesh

I stand outside the calaclysm while in rift walk and shoot in. If rift walk + cataclysm= reality then you would be able to shoot out and thats what i think would be a good change while still having the added challenge of getting shot at unless you cancelled rift walk or stepped out of the bubble.

So far so good, I'm not too keen on any of the changeups suggested. Banish is good for surgically removing opponents from combat, and riftwalk synergizes BEAUTIFULLY with opticor... RW, start firing the charged shot, and rift back just in time to score a massive hit.

Here's a few things that could make Limbo a lot less annoying to play.

Reduce the screen effect when in rift, the effects are excessive in certain maps.

Recastable/Toggleable Cataclysm with timer ala Rift Walk. I'd personally prefer recastable.

Instantaneous Riftwalk with delay in between (about 1-2 second).

Some way to get out of rift. (No idea how)

Some way to tell if Ally is in rift. (More visible)

Here's a suggestion that might be potentially good or bad. Enemies should receive a unique debuff in the rift to make it more attractive to fight in. I was thinking that since the weapons enemies use are different to ours, they could have reduced damage dealt. Armour debuff is another potential suggestion. Slows, stuns and damage buffs are everywhere already, so we'd like to avoid those.

Edited by CapedBaldy

Banish-take away banishing teammates. If they wanted to be in the rift they could walk into your cataclysm.

Rift Walk- I think it's fine.

Rift Surge- Should be passive while in the rift so this power should be replaced.

Cataclysm- I'd like to see it toggleable as well. Also,enemies shouldn't be able to walk in and out of it. While in cataclysm they should take DoT instead of when they touch it. Or it could disarm the enemies inside it...idk it needs to do more than what it currently does.

So far with leveling him his #3 rift surge is the most useless. Having the damage boost in the rift seems pointless as everything can just be shot and killed easily enough without wasting energy and time to cast it. 

I think he would be useful if his #3 rift surge simply forcefully removed all enemies from the void and maybe proc a status like bleed or blind. So you could manually banish a bunch of enemies and then wipe them all out at once with a surge. Using rift surge could also be combo able with his ult to cause it to instantly close and explode for big damage. This way you would be able and forced to juggle banishing enemies one at a time  and keeping track as you bring them in and out of the rift. 

Or rift surge should just do what his ability mod already does and give a buff/heal to team mates in the rift. The simple damage buff for his entire ability that only works part of the time just seems totally worthless.  

• 1 month later...

Hes very good and just OP in some missions, But Cataclysm should be toggle, once you toggle it off it makes a burst of energy to deal damage meaning the smaller the Cataclysm the more damage and large hardly any but finishes it for players to pick up energy etc. Or even just make it so u can pick the loot up, after all its dropped when they are in the Rift and you and them can take weapons in there. 

Rift Surge should increase your damage in the Rift but also make it able for a short time to be able to shoot through the rift causing Void projectiles for you and your allies currently inside.

I like him the way he is and don't mind any limbo coming with me anywhere unless i want to play him, Its just a little annoying when people get mad because they cant use there skills when you are because they cannot get mana or energy. so used to calling it mana xD