Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Me Offload My Inventory Cruft/credits On Syndicates For Reputation, And Resource Barter.

BrazilianJoe

Cmon, let's have a little honesty here. 

What is the cogwheel which puts the world in motion? MONEY. which is a material surrogate for POWER. Money buys Power. Now, don't come to me with this altruist ideal that "only my actions have any value to syndicates". 

I pay a tithe to rank up. I want to be able to offload the huge amounts of useless resources (various different coins, but in the end it's all money) in exchange for some gain in reputation. Maybe you can make so that not all syndicates accept all resources.

Let's explore the idea of Syndicates as places where I can barter - exchange one resource for another. 

I) Certain Syndicates would prefer certain resources.

II) Selling preferred resources to that syndicate yield a better reputation reward.

III) One can buy/barter for the preferred resources of that syndicate with other resources, at a loss.

IV) Every trade or barter would also have a credit tax according to traded value. Baseline cost is 10 credit per equivalent reputation value, regardless of trade mode.  

V) Each rank gives you a 10% bonus when trading for reputation, and on the credit tax. 

VI) Negative ranks give a 20% malus when trading for reputation, and on the credit tax. 

VII) Player can only buy up to <syndicate rank> rare items per day - minimum 1 trade per day even on negative rank (at higher credit cost, see above).

VIII) Player can only buy up to 20% of its max syndicate reputation per day. 

IX) Purchasing reputation has the usual mechanics with allies/opposed/enemies to prevent players from buying their acceptance with all 6 syndicates. 

1) Prime items - Every prime part is worth 2 units of the preferred item, or 5000 reputation.

2) Rarest items - Orokin Cells, Neurodes, Neural Sensors, Fieldron, Mutagen Mass, Detonite Injector, non-prime warframe parts

Tradeable 4:1 with syndicate which sells it. Bring 4 of any to get 1 of the rare you want. Yes, Syndicates operate for profit. No one sells Argon Crystals, they are Void-only. Preferred items are worth twice as much. Argon Crystals are worth twice as much for all syndicates. 

Trading for Reputation - 1000 reputation per item (+ rank bonus/malus).

3) Moderately rare items - Beacons, golem navs, gallium, morphics, oxium, 

Can be traded 20:1 for rarest items.

Trading for reputation - 200 reputation per item

4) Average items - Fieldron Sample, mutagen sample, detonite ampule, control module, plant extracts, nav coordinates

Can only be traded for reputation.

25 reputation per item.

5) Common items - Circuits, cryotic, polymer bundle, plastids, salvage, rubedo, ferrite

Can only be trade for reputation.

1 reputation per item.

6) Ubiquitous items - Alloy plate, nano spores

1 reputation per 10 items.

Steel Meridian - Preferred item: detonite injector

Arbiters of Hexis - Preferred item: orokin cells

Cephalon Suda - Preferred item: neural sensor

Perrin Sequence - Preferred item: Fieldron

Red Veil - Preferred item: neurodes

New Loka - Preferred item: mutagen mass

Examples: 

I want desperately need 2 neural sensors, but I am sitting on 10 neurodes. I go to the Cephalon Suda to sheepishly ask them if I can buy a pair. Fortunately I am in good terms with them, being Rank 3, so I can trade 8 of my neurodes for the 2 neural sensors I need.

Credit tax: Each neurode would be worth me 1000 reputation, which amounts to 10000 credits tax per neurode. That's a 80000 credits tax. But I am rank 3, so I get a 30% tax discount. 30% of 80k = 24k. 80k - 24k = 56k tax to to this trade with Cephalon Suda. 

Total cost of my 2 Neural Sensors = 8 Neurodes + 56k. 

It's natural that there will be initially a huge sale of hoarded items, but eventually it will subsume as player's inventories are emptied. 

Also, more than a million reputation to get everything from a single syndicate. Two syndicates? pffft

Edited by BrazilianJoe

All things considered, this doesn't sound like a bad idea.  At the very least, I'd love the chance to offload the 50,000+ Alloy Plate I've got sitting around.

And even if it's not for Reputation, some sort of resource-bartering system would be wonderful to have in-game.

Edited by Temperance000

This is a very good suggestion. I'd like to have this option available in game. That said, we might see something like this in U15.5, which is the target update for hubs. So I hope it's likely we'll be able to interact with the syndicates outside of the menu in our Lisets and in the hubs, and hopefully something along the lines of what you're suggesting here is included in that interaction.

Good idea BrazilianJoe!

Before the update 15 I was expecting something of the kind, only done by Darvo since he is a salesman (A.K.A Blackmarket)

and trade items and resources would make a lot of sense but, with the arrival of syndicates your idea is much better.

Like to see that future as there are many of us with extra resources that we need.

It could work.

Personaly I think the points give too much reputation return.  Most of these (particularly points 3 to 6) I can easlly get over 100,000 reputation for a single resource (with enough left over to still be building a dojo as needed) and as it goes I'm on the lower end of pooled resources compared to what most founders have accumulated.  Maybe increasing them 10 fold per rep point would mitigate that more.

The majority of rep should still need to be earned, not bought IMO.  Though maybe DE needs to break up rep (used for ranking and favours) into rep (used to rank up) and favour (used to get things) and thus having trades like this give just favour while deeds give both favour and rep in the amounts that rewards are gained now (IE 1 rep point now is equal to both 1 rep and 1 favour).

Edited by Loswaith

It could work.

Personaly I think the points give too much reputation return.  Most of these (particularly points 3 to 6) I can easlly get over 100,000 reputation for a single resource (with enough left over to still be building a dojo as needed) and as it goes I'm on the lower end of pooled resources compared to what most founders have accumulated.  Maybe increasing them 10 fold per rep point would mitigate that more.

The majority of rep should still need to be earned, not bought IMO.  Though maybe DE needs to break up rep (used for ranking and favours) into rep (used to rank up) and favour (used to get things) and thus having trades like this give just favour while deeds give both favour and rep in the amounts that rewards are gained now (IE 1 rep point now is equal to both 1 rep and 1 favour).

You're a founder. You've got over a year's worth of resources stockpiled. Of course you can get a 100k rep.

Anything involving resources will always be this way until we have a resource sink.

This would be a great one--yes, you could get 100k rep, but that actually isn't that much--you'd be tossing out all of your stockpiled resources and getting back a few mods(only 4!)--and that's supposing that you were already max rank. Getting there is going to cost a bit, too.

Also, so far as I can tell, some people are averaging 3k+ per day. So that means a whole year's worth of stockpiled resources would be only a month of play value.

This would be lucrative, but it would also deplete your stockpile. This would allow you to possibly move on to another faction for more mods, but that would still eat up much of your stockpile quickly.

For most players, who don't have a year's worth of unspendable resources built up, this would be pretty fair.

Good idea but make sure the bartering is for large amounts.

I have 6.8 million credits and I don't even want to think about how many mats.

And I know I'm not alone. I think most longtime players are wealthy like Sultans in their Liset palaces. Outside of oxium/argon and those things you need for Mirage.

If the bartering isnt for hefty amounts people like me would probably be able to dump enough to get to top rank in Syndicates frighteningly quick.

Edited by Kruglov

Good idea but make sure the bartering is for large amounts.

I have 6.8 million credits and I don't even want to think about how many mats.

And I know I'm not alone. I think most longtime players are wealthy like Sultans in their Liset palaces. Outside of oxium/argon and those things you need for Mirage.

If the bartering isnt for hefty amounts people like me would probably be able to dump enough to get to top rank in Syndicates frighteningly quick.

Not everything has to revolve around longtime players and I say that being one myself. Syndicates start at MR3, the prices need not be insane just because longtime players get maxed instantly. If you don't want that to happen then just don't use the system, earn rep through normal play.

Not everything has to revolve around longtime players and I say that being one myself. Syndicates start at MR3, the prices need not be insane just because longtime players get maxed instantly. If you don't want that to happen then just don't use the system, earn rep through normal play.

Not to mention, there's six syndicates, and if you're doing it right, you should be able max all 6. That will take a long time, but it should be entirely doable(by the math, it currently is).

Numbers are always subject to change as needed, but the ones suggested here would deplete even the most fiendishly dedicated loot gatherers after at most one (or maaaaaaaaaaaaybe two) syndicates maxed.

Nope. You can't max all 6 syndicates under no circumstances. Read again, this is built-in my idea, preserving the mechanics DE already instated. Buying favor is still subject to the balance between factions. Unless you want to go up a few at a time, but then you are going seesaw in your reputation, paying additional sacrifices just to stop being hunted, and it's not all that useful anyway, since the top rewards are the tradeable cards, and all exist in several syndicates anyway. 

Purchasing reputation is also time-gated, max. 20% of the players max. reputation per day, reinforcing the 'long-term investment' notion. (It could go as low as 10%). 

Besides, only long-term players will have gobs of resources. (I could easily have 6 million credits, but I am upgrading cards all the time:) I still have gobs of other resources besides credits though. 

All in all, I have tried my best to get fair numbers, but maybe it would be still worthy if the benefits are halved. But too much lower and then it's just a 'meh DEh why so greedy?' 

Like any idea, the numbers are just rough estimates. I just would like this mechanic in the game. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

can I give 1.8 million Nano spores to them for rep? :)

what about my 57k rubedo?

and if so its back to playing as nekros.

and I would probably buy around 30k Polymer bundles. I never have enough of those... 

Edited by VYR3

You're a founder. You've got over a year's worth of resources stockpiled. Of course you can get a 100k rep.

Anything involving resources will always be this way until we have a resource sink.

This would be a great one--yes, you could get 100k rep, but that actually isn't that much--you'd be tossing out all of your stockpiled resources and getting back a few mods(only 4!)--and that's supposing that you were already max rank. Getting there is going to cost a bit, too.

Also, so far as I can tell, some people are averaging 3k+ per day. So that means a whole year's worth of stockpiled resources would be only a month of play value.

This would be lucrative, but it would also deplete your stockpile. This would allow you to possibly move on to another faction for more mods, but that would still eat up much of your stockpile quickly.

For most players, who don't have a year's worth of unspendable resources built up, this would be pretty fair.

Thats not 100k rep total, thats 100k for a single resource (I can get in total about 1 million+ rep at those conversions, sure I would need to farm the credits but thats not difficuilt and I have very few spare prime parts).   I also know players that have a good 4-5 times the resources I do, while the norm seems to be about double what I have.  The factor is most of those are resources I'd never use anyway.

Sure I agree that it shouldn't be balanced on the veterans but its really not that hard to get 1000 uncommon resources either and most normal missions you can walk out with 1000+ common resources (so 100 rep).  You also get heaps of surperflous prime parts that each one would give 5k rep for as well.  These are things that are easy enough for any one but a completely new player to gain.

Actually players can get 3k+ in about 15 mins, but thats hardly the norm, when most missions give only 10-500 rep (unboosted).

Im not against the idea just that at the end of the day, with this concept resources can be spent on rep which can buy mods that can be sold for platinum, in essence resources are being sold for platinum.

I wouldn't mind exchanging mats, however the exchange rate should be relatively high depending on what you're exchanging.

Exchanging mats for rep isn't a bad idea either, it's just that it might be imbalanced for us vets who have coffers full of mats.

Then again, we can't keep holding Warframe back just because of us vets. A system like that could greatly benefit new players in the long run without being imbalanced.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Prehaps using materials to 'buy' extra syndicate alerts could be a way to go as well (kinda like in the way we use keys to "buy" void missions).  This way vets could still buy heaps but have to atleast spend some time running them, while newer players can do some additional ones here and there for the extras as well.

In essence you get the first free per day then have to pay for each additional one with sacrifieced resources.

Edited by Loswaith

Prehaps using materials to 'buy' extra syndicate alerts could be a way to go as well (kinda like in the way we use keys to "buy" void missions).  This way vets could still buy heaps but have to atleast spend some time running them, while newer players can do some additional ones here and there for the extras as well.

In essence you get the first free per day then have to pay for each additional one with sacrifieced resources.

That is an interesting idea too.