Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ooc Discussion] Location: Mars

SnaleKing

locationmars_by_snaleking-d85fzuy.png

This is the OOC discussion thread for Location: Mars. Ask any questions you have here, and post character profiles if you're feeling generous. Pay attention to this thread if you have a character on Mars, since this is where people will ask you if they want to set up an interaction: idle chat, a collaborative raid, or even a duel to the death!

I'll also make any announcements here.

Edited by SnaleKing

Been bored lately so I guess I could try it out. I don't feel like playing a Tenno though, so what do you think of a colonial/Grineer rebel from Sedna? Using gimped shielding and improvised tools while lacking the superhuman physical abilities of the Tenno sounds like an interesting experience that I kinda want to try out.

Edited by Arunafeltz

Sounds fine. Nobody will be holding their hand to ensure their survival, but I trust your ability as a writer to handle that.

He needn't necessarily be doing anything related to Stork's mission, of course, that's more of a seed to get Tenno characters involved, which are typically more popular.

Oh, better post a quick sheet for reference I guess.

Name: Dustil Lainen

Affiliation: Colonist refugee. Allied with the Steel Meridian.

A little over five feet tall with a slender build, Dustil does not look like much when standing against the towering clones of the Grineer or crewmen of the Corpus. He dons a Steel Meridian-issued Ferrite-woven coat over a shielded mechanic jumpsuit and jaw mask, outfitted with backup generators, powered boots, joint augments, personal oxygen supply and various other modules of his own design. His personal weapon is the tool that he has worked with for half his life, a ship-scrapping tool known as the Serro, with which he delivers swift punishment upon foes that underestimate him. Despite his notable prowess with a polearm, he normally engages most fights with spectres of robotic assistants that generally outperform many of the mass-produced and simplistic Corpus proxies.

Born and raised in Sedna, Dustil was one of many slave workers running the scrapyards of the Grineer Empire. When the rebel movement reached the area, they fought for their freedom using the very tool they were assigned to work with. Grineer inquisition was swift however, quickly stamping out those who had dared to resist and banning the Serro for use, removing a symbol of hope for the colonists that remained. Dustil was fortunate enough to have escaped on an evacuating vessel bound for a Steel Meridian outpost at Venus, but his flight was intercepted by pirates towards the end of his journey, and the young scrapper-mechanic found himself stranded on Mars. Using improvised and jury-rigged technology borrowed from the rebel forces, Grineer engineering and Corpus robotics, he bides his time to amass squadrons of combat machinery to safeguard him, until he can contact Steel Meridian rescuers or make a daring move and board a Solar Rail shipment bound for Venus.

I have a character, unfortunately it's one of the warrior gods, but I'll be sure to keep it down on a slightly superpowered level.

Name: Evangeline

Personality: seeks out sales and merchandise with a divine conviction, doing her best to provide for her son, her husband dead and gone. Will be cheerful under cheerful circumstances, but has unfortunately taken to giving people a few moments to explain themself before killing them and moving on, a ruthless merchant but loving mother, will leapt to the help of any child if it means she can save the child and survive, holds a bitterness towards the elderly for reason unknown, but regards middle aged people with neutrality.

Warframe: Mag Prime

Weapons: Quanta, Spectra, Heavily Modded Prova.

Companion:None

Cephalon: None

Relationships: None except for the maternal relationship between her son and herself.

This seems interesting. Alright...How about this character?.

Name: Vera Lariss

Race: Human

Weapons: Standard Corpus Lanka IV Rail Rifle. Detron III Heavy pistol. Quanta Laser Cutter.

Equipment: Standard Crewman Jumpsuit with modified helmet to allow long range reconnaissance. Climbing gear for traversing terrain with jump-pack. 

Biography: -Work in progress-

She corpus or human? Human disguised as Corpus?

As far as I'm aware, every faction is human, or at least used to be.

Grineer are human clones, Corpus are really greedy humans, Infested are humans with a super-disease and Tenno are humans who were tossed into the Void unprotected as children.

Edited by fishworshipper

Yay

(I dunno how to use syntax stuff so yeah...)

Intended location: Ara Cargo Tower

Name: Hazun

Warframe: Excalibur

Weapons: a Sakana and Lato, both modded to burn, freeze, and shock

Companion: a reprogrammed Shield Osprey

Bio: being muted and cut off from the Lotus by the Corpus, Hazun explores the deep reaches of space to learn about himself and the vast capabilities he has. Being more like a curious child mixed with a seasoned warrior, he pokes around in everything that catches his interest...which causes him the most trouble. He remains cautious with Grineer soldiers and ruthless with the "Cube Heads" in his one man show of discovery and survival.

(I'm still working on writing and stuff, bear with me)

That, I did not know, I was just assuming we were a couple millions years in the future, at which point humans might've not only made their own factions, but classified themselves as species' dependent on their faction, also, tenno are technically also infested, but a condition which doesn't allow one to feel pain both explains why they didn't go mad from the infection and also need numbers in their helmets to let them know about their health.

I don't think any of the factions have claimed to be separate species, nor is there any evidence to indicate that. Unless you consider 'rotting clones' separate from 'humans,' which some people in-universe apparently think if New Loka is any indication.

Eeeh, I'm not sure if they can't feel pain in-lore. The 'numbers on the hud' explanation doesn't really make sense outside of game mechanics anyway. One might as well say final fantasy characters don't feel pain, since their health is measured in numbers as well.

But yeah, the humanity of Tenno is debatable.

I have no free Character atm, (one is busy, one is lacking pictures), but I'll totally keep an eye on this thread an want to give you, SnaleKing, my praise for the efforts you put into this setup. This has a ton of potential, don't let anything get you down!