Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inscriptions On Warframes And What Do They Mean For Lore

elele

So I was looking at Loki in his original color and noticed inscriptions on his body: 

(can't post image so just click this link and see for yourself: 

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539631819958313322/41DCB8324A7985450A541ABD6109A5E50DA47C5D/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539631819958314373/4CB127D42292ECA52F341B9C980BDA9BDF4F1F22/

Notice the inscriptions on his back and left leg. 

According to the official Orokin/Tenno language page (https://warframe.com/news/tenno-language-decoded), the inscriptions on his back means: Hayden Tenno (center) and Danger (the two on the sides), and the inscriptions on his leg means: Tenno Model 2100N Serial 148H. 

Then I looked at some other frames. Mag (the original not prime) has the same "Hayden Tenno" and "Tenno Model 2100N Serial 148H" inscription. Volt has "Hayden Tenno" and "Danger". Some frames have no inscriptions at all (Saryn, Limbo, Mirage, etc.). 

Then I found Hydroid has these inscriptions:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539631819958312435/E7AA0E3CEE554EE3E308DF9C6462A6DAB962E052/

The one on his shoulder means "Tribe" and the one on his waist means "Clan". 

Vauban also has "Tribe" on him instead of "Hayden Tenno". 

So what do these mean in terms of lore? Is it possible that the "original" frames (i.e. the original ones in the first closed beta) were mass-produced products used in the Orokin's war, and the later frames are made by renegade Tenno tribes? 

I mean, if Loki has a SERIAL NUMBER, then there must be other models of Loki or warframes. Why would only Loki and Mag have serial number? 

Or it's simply that some DE art designer slacked off and didn't bother to put inscriptions on some frames? 

What do you think?

Edit: Nekros has "Evolution" written on his shoulder. 

Edited by elele

Although some of these translations are of no significance, there is one you should keep an eye out for. Obelisk, written in Corpus. The name is written in two known places, the wreck of Europa (starting tileset) and the extraction tileset of Archwing Trench Run.

My theory is that DE have a lord of the rings sized book of lore for this game, and are slowly feeding it in, along with contradictions to confuse us

At some point we will see the entire narrative in all its brilliance

Though that would be update 32 or something like that

Tenno model means Tenno are CLONES!

Maybe each clan is made up of different clone models!

Maybe the next DE game is a Warframe Orokin era MMO and the different characters will be different Tenno models.

And each Tenno at that time worked differently. But now we dont cause we forgot.

My theory is that DE have a lord of the rings sized book of lore for this game, and are slowly feeding it in, along with contradictions to confuse us

At some point we will see the entire narrative in all its brilliance

Though that would be update 32 or something like that

U999 The End

Tenno model means Tenno are CLONES!

Maybe each clan is made up of different clone models!

Maybe the next DE game is a Warframe Orokin era MMO and the different characters will be different Tenno models.

And each Tenno at that time worked differently. But now we dont cause we forgot.

Orokin are practically humans. Tenno are just Orokin twisted by the Void and Technocyte Virus. And we humans use serial numbers for practically everything: computers, food, and even ourselves.

Orokin are practically humans. Tenno are just Orokin twisted by the Void and Technocyte Virus. And we humans use serial numbers for practically everything: computers, food, and even ourselves.

Do we call other people by model number?

Maybe this whole twisted thing is a LIE!

Maybe the Tenno are just clones and so the clones dont bug out and start being all like, "Why was i created? Where do i come from? Who is my father?" The Orokin just go, "Uuuuhhhh..... you are twisted things.... now go ninja over there."

Do we call other people by model number?

Maybe this whole twisted thing is a LIE!

Maybe the Tenno are just clones and so the clones dont bug out and start being all like, "Why was i created? Where do i come from? Who is my father?" The Orokin just go, "Uuuuhhhh..... you are twisted things.... now go ninja over there."

LMAO