Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Final Guide] Complete Viver Farming Guide [Final Guide]

SevenDeuce

Question

Hello,

As many of you may know, Viver, Eris, has recently become the hotspot for farming a significant amount of reputation for Syndicates. Many players have their own strategies as to how they go about farming this mission node, but I've noticed that the majority of the players have little to no clue as to how to execute the process correctly. 

A few of these issues include: capturing more than one point, running the wrong frames, running the wrong mods, and lack of communication. Hopefully, this guide will help you assess these problems and provide you with a better and more efficient farming experience.

Let's start with what frame you'll want to bring before we get into the strategy. You'll need:

• Excalibur (x2)
  • Trinity (x1)
  • Nova (x1)

There are two Excaliburs to cover both sides of the map. His objective is to cast Radial Javelin (4). He will very rarely ever run into trouble seeing as the only time an enemy would even come close to him is when he's not casting Radial Javelin.

The Nova serves as a "Speed Nova." Her job is to cast Molecular Prime (4). She too will very rarely ever run into trouble seeing as she will be standing next to one of the Excaliburs.

The Trinity is there to provide energy for the rest of the team. Her job is to cast Energy Vampire (2). She will run into trouble as rarely as the other frames but with a slightly higher chance seeing as she's dependent on her weapon and the Excalibur within range to take care of the enemies before they get to her.

Now that you have the correct frames to get the job done, you'll need the right mods to execute their skills properly. Here are images pertaining to each frame and the effect it has on the skill(s):

Excalibur: 

AVdOWbE.png

WFae1kM.png

Trinity:

xw6cNdr.png

ydJs7IA.png

Nova:

cAkGCjU.png

5QPmTEb.png

As you can tell, each frame requires at least one Forma. Each build also runs at maximum efficiency and has an Energy Siphon equipped. They're all made to make the best out of the one skill each frame should be using. 

Now you have the right frames. You have the right mods or close to them. Now you're ready for the last part on what you need to do when you actually load the map.

Each frame has a general position in which they're designated to. There should be absolutely no reason for someone to be moving around the map unless they need to neutralize a point, revive someone, or if it's the end of the round. These are the following spots in which each frame should position themselves in:

Excalibur 1: 

RCvHilG.jpg

Excalibur 2:

GONygWV.jpg

Trinity:

XcIlCxm.jpg

Nova:

3Y4HZPj.jpg

Excalibur 1 covers A, B, and D, all while defending the Trinity.

Excalibur 2 covers A, C, and D, all while defending the Nova.

Trinity casts EV and will occasionally have to use weapons to kill the enemies if the Excalibur misses them, which is very rare.

Nova casts Molecular Prime and does so in a timely fashion as well as consistently.

The idea is to not capture any points at all so you can get as many kills as possible within a single round. Of course, if you don't want to risk losing or don't want to occasionally neutralize captured points if someone goes temporarily afk, you can capture A. Don't capture any other points but A unless you really need to.

You should be able to create similar results in a single run as such:

fVLyerz.jpg

S3jJWli.png

Hopefully, with these tips you'll be able to make your runs more efficient and enlighten others of the process to help Tenno of all kind become stronger! Remember, this isn't the one and only way of farming Viver, Eris, but it's a way my friends and I have worked towards creating and has been proven to be both consistent and efficient. Also, credits to Dr_Who_ as well as a few others in helping gather information to come up with this guide.

If you have any questions regarding something, feel free to message me in game or reply to this thread.

Enjoy! :D

you dont need 2 excalibers u need 1. and theres no need for a nova. u need a nekros

Edit: 1 trinity , 1 excaliber , 1 mag , 1 nekros

Technically for the process you don't need Nekros. Many have him there just for the drops. With a second Excalibur you get more coverage/less blindspots and damage output per energy vampire, because, well, there are two Excals receiving it. You could probably stay for a few more round if there are two Excals, just to get more syndicate rep.

Nova is for softening up enemies, and also bringing them closer to the map with speed nova as an added bonus. In your setup, that task falls on Mag, where she can shield polarize and kill or making enemies 1 shot, and Excalibur would finish the rest off. In his setup, Excalibur is the main damage dealer and Nova is there to make sure the damage kills the enemy using molecular prime. It's just another method of doing things, with somewhat the same result.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

there are many methods to farm this and you can get the same results even with a few mags instead of excalibur, and for nova you dont have to mod her for speed as a no speed effect nova can do the job just fine too, not to mention slow will actually keep the enemy close enough together to allow shield polerise to work like magic.

this is just one of many methods

Edited by EdgeKasim

imo I don't think the trinity needs such high efficiency for this, maxing your blind rage would mean you can more effectively restore energy

then, of course, it doesn't matter that it's costing trinity more energy to cast because you also get more energy back

My best setup so far is to have a mag, excal and nova just next to d (on the side nearer the trinity though), and trinity in the corridor which you screenshotted. Mag is useful for restoring trinity's shields (since she's so near the spawn that's useful) and generally nuking everything, the excal of course deals damage, then since you're all in the middle of the map the nova brings mobs to you quickly.

I got 10k in one round (w/ booster) doing that

edit: woops spelling

Edited by Inversus

you dont need 2 excalibers u need 1. and theres no need for a nova. u need a nekros

Edit: 1 trinity , 1 excaliber , 1 mag , 1 nekros

The main objective is to generate as much reputation for syndicates as efficiently as you can; therefore, the Nekros isn't an essential and only serves as a bonus for the drops.

As far as having a Mag in the group, I believe he's interchangeable with the Nova if not the other Excalibur. The Mag is truly effective but I've recently heard that the Trinity has trouble casting Energy Vampire sometimes when there's a Mag casting Shield Polarize.

nova is no need i do this sooo many time there is no different with using nova and nekros

with 1 mag 1 exe 1 nova 1 trinity got 10-11k  capture 1:1 1 round mod drop 240-270

with 1 mag 1 exe 1 nekros 1 trinity still around 10k-11k capture 1:1 1 round and mod drop up to 340 - 400

Cz0zFmn.jpg

nova is no need i do this sooo many time there is no different with using nova and nekros

with 1 mag 1 exe 1 nova 1 trinity got 10-11k  capture 1:1 1 round mod drop 240-270

with 1 mag 1 exe 1 nekros 1 trinity still around 10k-11k capture 1:1 1 round and mod drop up to 340 - 400

Cz0zFmn.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

Remember guys, this guide is meant for players in general, specifically the ones who are either new to this or have some experience with it but are looking for a better method.

Please continue to share different methods and strategies as this helps everyone as well as feedback as to whether this thread helped you or not.

Thanks! :D

Nice guide, but me and my friends use a different tactic, we are all closed together and we cover only 3 spots, a neutrals D, a neutral B and a captured A.

C is left for enemy to capture so the wave drags on.

With affinity booster we get 11k and we make it so that all players in the team don't need to move or aim (yes, that includes trinity), the only thing we do is capture A fast and spam the ability we are assigned to in a designated spot.

There are several ways of doing it, that go from 6k to 10k per wave (with control points captured), our strategy reaches 11k and we hardly make more, maybe on a good day we might make 11.5 k but from my understanding at 11k we seem to be scratching the highest potential for the 1st wave and that requires some coop from the corpus.

In other words, 20K after 3 or 4 waves is rather low

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I feel as if these threads are being moved to less popular areas of the forum because DE knows that they implemented a flawed system with poor execution.

Because this topic totally isn't made by a player in an attempt to help other players.

Because this topic totally isn't made by a player in an attempt to help other players.

Yeah, but it would make more sense if it was to be left in General seeing as more people are in that section than this one; therefore, more players see it resulting in more players being helped. 

Yeah, but it would make more sense if it was to be left in General seeing as more people are in that section than this one; therefore, more players see it resulting in more players being helped. 

The whole "there are more people in General Discussion" is part of the problem. The greater the variety of threads that are packed into that single section, the harder it is for anyone to navigate their way through it. It also means that players who are actively seeking help won't find it when they search in the Players Helping Players section.

Moving threads to their appropriate sections keeps things organized and (for the most part) ensures that the thread is seen by the target audience, rather than being seen by a larger number of random mildly-interested folks who won't take it too seriously. If the devs or mods had any intention whatsoever of preventing a thread from being seen, they'd lock it.

Edited by SortaRandom

limbo is better imo

limbo can spam banish on an ally to make them gain alot of energy like trinity except u don't need LoS on an enemy AND he can spam riftwalk on himself to get back energy too

Tried that and limbos energy generating is too low for amount of skills being cast, while it gives luxury of being pretty much unkillable the energy regeneration is not comparable to trinity built for high power strenght (High Blind Rage, Transistant Fortitude and Intensify) with range (Stretch and Overextended) and some efficiency (Fleeting Expertise and Streamline) that at 8/10 BR and 7/10 TF (My current setup) give 47/tick with 4 ticks over 4 seconds or all 4 instantly as target is killed is much higher than what limbo can provide. That from my tests seems to be ~2 energy/second in banish unaffected by power strenght.

While limbo is good for other energy regeneration he isn't good for spam 4 tactics simply due to lacking in the rate energy is provided compared to trinity.

This is a cool guy. His guide is pretty good. I played with him and he was very nice.

But I liked Limbo better.

I've tried it with Trinities a few times, they can NEVER keep up with my energy usage, even if I pace and don't spam Radial Blind. But two Limbos, feeding me energy, boosting damage, also providing a barrier in which enemies usually die and we can't get killed from, allowed this:

DGg4cPL.jpg

But you can do it both ways. I just like Limbo because within 20 minutes, that screenshot happened.

Honestly, I'm not completely certain what combination of Mag/Excal/Nova is optimal. Obviously, 1 Excal and 1 Nova would be required, but I don't think it really matters whether the Nova is speed or slow, as speed makes the enemies get in range faster, while slow keeps them clustered up. Theoretically, there wouldn't be too much of a difference, but I would require testing to verify. Not in an active enough clan for reliable results, however, so I cannot test this myself.

Mag has amazing killing power, that doesn't decrease in efficiency as enemies scale, particularly in a max (or near max) damage build. Downside is that a few enemies will always get missed (namely, eximus units and oxium drones). But, since you are running an excal, this should help. Again, I don't know how this would differ from 2 excals without experimentation.

Now, for trinity/limbo: trinity does require the active marking of enemies (reducing placement for the group), while limbo requires active manipulation and time to set up. I still haven't finallized my Limbo build, as people haven't figured out his hidden assets yet (not that, you pervert), namely team invuln and stacking energy. I don't know how well it works for excal, since I haven't forma'd mine yet, but I do know that I can spam Shield polarize on my mag as much as I want without energy problems, provided I have Flow on for the short downtime after Cataclysm wears off. This seems to come down to more personal preference than anything else, really. I don't think I have had any trouble maintaining energy as playing as either Trinity or Limbo, although Trinity does allow for some AFKing if I have to take a bio break. In either case, you don't want to go AFK for long, as enemies still can get a few shots in before they die, and the group will end up taking some damage periodically, depending on how much your excal(s) spam RB. (Wait, Heaven's Wraith is in Warframe?)

Anyway, there are a few different ways to do this map, but camping between B and D/A seems to be the best place in the current Viver map.

EDIT: Nekros is useless, as mods/resources will despawn after a while. Pretty sure it is linked to the number of resources/mods in the map at once, not duration, but they do despawn. Verifiable by playing as trinity in her little corner, and watching the patterns of resources and rare mods.

Edited by Magnar21

Tried that and limbos energy generating is too low for amount of skills being cast, while it gives luxury of being pretty much unkillable the energy regeneration is not comparable to trinity built for high power strenght (High Blind Rage, Transistant Fortitude and Intensify) with range (Stretch and Overextended) and some efficiency (Fleeting Expertise and Streamline) that at 8/10 BR and 7/10 TF (My current setup) give 47/tick with 4 ticks over 4 seconds or all 4 instantly as target is killed is much higher than what limbo can provide. That from my tests seems to be ~2 energy/second in banish unaffected by power strenght.

While limbo is good for other energy regeneration he isn't good for spam 4 tactics simply due to lacking in the rate energy is provided compared to trinity.

u have to spam banish on your team mate and it gives way more than just passively getting the energy from one cast of banish

EDIT: Nekros is useless, as mods/resources will despawn after a while. Pretty sure it is linked to the number of resources/mods in the map at once, not duration, but they do despawn. Verifiable by playing as trinity in her little corner, and watching the patterns of resources and rare mods.

they dont despawn

they stay until u get them

u have to spam banish on your team mate and it gives way more than just passively getting the energy from one cast of banish

they dont despawn

they stay until u get them

Yessir, those 2 rare mods that I was watching for the past 2 minutes just vaped into thin air as I was watching them. Remember that I said in my post I was trinity? I got to watch rare mods and resources disappear while I watched. Try it sometime.

Yessir, those 2 rare mods that I was watching for the past 2 minutes just vaped into thin air as I was watching them. Remember that I said in my post I was trinity? I got to watch rare mods and resources disappear while I watched. Try it sometime.

already sold my trinity so can't try it

and that's pretty interesting

Don't need t

already sold my trinity so can't try it

and that's pretty interesting

Don't really need to play as trin, just ask your trin to watch for rare mods. If they are paying attention, they should notice that the rare mods occasionally get looted, but they will notice that old ones will disappear. AKA, new ones get added, but the old ones get removed.

EDIT: specifically, I noticed 1 rare mod drop. Later on, I saw another appear, but realized the first was gone. They were on opposite sides of the little hall, so I'm pretty sure that one didn't get moved. Plus, there was no Vauban for vortex movement.

Edited by Magnar21