Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing Sentinels

Sir_Caleb

Question

16 answers to this question

Carrier is awesome yes, and saves lots of running around and has the best weapon (because you will mostly use Rifles, carrier's shotgun can be using all your Shotgun mods).

If you then decide on an offensive Sentinal for your next one, go Wyrm rather than Dethcube.

Yes Dethcube is cool, but Wyrm has similar range and Crowd Dispersion is a really useful ability to have backing you up.

I started out with Helios, and it helped fill my codex SO MUCH! But if that's not necessarily what you're looking for, it depends on what you are. If you want one that can take out close range enemies while you're preoccupied, Carrier, (Vacuum is really helpful as well) If you want one to take out enemies from afar (It'll still draw agro) go Dethcube, but remember to mod it correctly, you're gonna need him to do a lot of damage. It also depends on what your main primary is. If you use a shotgun a lot. Then get Dethcube, so you can use your rifle mods on him without having to share, same goes with Wyrm. If you use a rifle a lot, go Carrier, as his weapon uses shotgun mods. Helios uses a glaive type weapon, so melee mods can go on him. Djinn... I'm not really sure what he takes xD I'm gonna guess rifle. Shade uses Pistol mods, so if you don't like using your secondary, he's the one to go. Also take in to play what style of gameplay you have. Whats your favorite frame to play as? If you like stealth gameplay, then Shade is the obvious choice, and if not Shade, go Helios. However NEVER go Dethcube for stealth. If you are, take out his Swift Deth mod. However if you go guerilla warfare or tank. Dethcube is the one for you. If not Djinn. Djinn will use fatal attraction to bring enemies in on you and draw fire away from teammates. (This also makes it bad for stealth.) Wyrm will disperse them if they become too much, and Detcube will try to murder them all.

Unless you want to read that undesirably long post, here's a list instead.

Helios: Uses melee mods for his Deconstructor. Scans enemies into the codex. Use for basic gameplay.

Dethcube: Uses rifle mods for his Deth Machine Rifle. Fires an extra deadly shot. Use for Tank gameplay.

Djinn: Uses rifle mods for his Stinger. Draws enemies in on you. Use for Tank gameplay.

Wyrm/Prime: Uses rifle mods for their Laser Rifle. Disperses enemies away from you. Use for basic gameplay.

Shade: Uses pistol mods for his Burst Laser. Cloaks you so enemies cannot detect from you. Use for stealth/medic gameplay.

Carrier: Uses shotgun mods for his Sweeper. Picks up nearby items. Use for basic gameplay

Carrier is so overused that people can't appreciate Shade, one of my first sentinels... or Wyrm(I use prime)- the one that I use atm which is amazing. Especially if you're in a crowd and Wyrm/Wyrm Prime activates its abilities and knocks everyone down. It helps in conclave AND in normal missions, no matter what faction.

if its your first sentinel its better economy to go carrier because u will have a spare set of shotgun mods to put on while you are using primary rifles and with the right shotgun mods it does solid damage

otherwise u will need a second set of maxed serration, elementals, heavy caliber etc etc

and u can use your sweeper later as a crowd control build to go on your wyrm for the ultimate CC sentinel 

in the meantime while u wait to afford a new sentinel you can enjoy lazymode pickups

luckily no sentinel will block your fire/los like kubrows do