Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Water Frame Concept.

Abzu

Can't believe people haven't posted on this in a while. I love the idea for this warframe. 

Waterlog should be a ball of water encasing the victim. Love the idea of wavedash, spray (need a better name) and Torrent. Cascade seems like a perfect name, and I wouldn't be opposed to a Trident weapon to go along with it. 

A wind female and a rock female frame can be used to balance out Necro and Cascade. Keep Cascade Male!!!

I want a water warframe, but I don't get why people are so hung up on the gender? I mean, I personally want it to be a female (water to me seems like something a female would control. I just keep thinking back to Captain Planet LOL sorry :P)

BUT. In the end, you should be happy if they simply make a water frame, and not worry so much about what gender it is because the abilities will be the same no matter if the frame has metal breasts or not. :)

OH

and P.S. Cascade is an AMAZING name for a water frame. Well done =]

Edited by Dirtyfouts

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously low base health for a Frame that's supposed to get up nice and close, but hey. His Shields are sick. 

I was excited to see if we get a water or wind based Frame next, so this got my backup. <:

i consider banshee to be wind based because wind and sound are not that different

holy necro.

anyways, clannies and i had discussed a water base frame at one point, but decided it was logically un useful. water is pretty meek at killing something unless it's HIGHLY pressurized. but that really limits what a water frame could do, the frame would be limited to things like 'water lasers'... and yes, i did literally run out of things to do with pressurized water. because it can only be really used in a streamlike state due to being pressurized.

in the end we decided it would be best to mix any water frame ideas into Frost, to make him a more diverse frame.

Edited by taiiat

A tidal wave isn't pressurised, just as a small observation :p

Anyway I wish people would stop appealing to realism with regards to powers in this game. It's ludicrous.

Despite the age of this thread I hadn't actually read it before (CBT posters will remember the sheer volume of frame suggestions back when we had half as many as now :)) but this is on the whole really cool. Especially like #1. That's a good combination of aesthetic theme, an individually useful debuff, and a reasonable power for 25 energy.

A tidal wave isn't pressurised, just as a small observation :p

Anyway I wish people would stop appealing to realism with regards to powers in this game. It's ludicrous.

yes, but a Tidal wave gets it's brute force from sheer size. how exactly, do you suggest you're going to fit a Tidal wave inside a space ship?

it might be a game, but just doing things and saying 'because Magicu' will kill the game for some future players, and that's future PAYers. 

there's no reason why we can't have cool variety, but also confine it to a few simple rules so other types of people will also like it. everyone benefits.

edit:

and what would be so horrible with fusing a water and Ice frame together? they're almost identical, seriously. they're treading in the same pool, one just has a different mask on. personally, i think they're too similar to exist at the same time. but if frames are going to have more than 4 powers, and Frost has 3 powers that are almost useless most of the time, there's plenty of room to see what water might be able to do for him, as well as ice.

Edited by taiiat

it's all "because Magicu". (wtf is the u for?)

what the game needs is fun

and nobody said fusing them into frost would be horrible. Though now that you mention it, I would be curious to know what your suggestion would actually amount to; a compulsory reskin of frost and a reworking of his powers? what does fusing two frames together mean??

Edited by FlanShark

Yes because heating earth gives you magma and heating wind gives you plasma, NO.  Ice is not the same as water power wise.

>Water should be female

Read the rest of the thread where we butcher the idea that water HAS to be represented by females.

To be fair, you didn't butcher anything. All you did was provide a few reasonable points as to why a water frame should be represented by a male, as well as defend you concept for a water frame.

As it stands, there's nothing keeping a water frame from being female if the community wants both. If the dev team goes with a water frame, and the community wants it female (assuming the dev team listens), it'll be female. Of course, you could add your concept to the design council and potentially see it to fruition. After all, that's how we got Nova, so you never know.

I respect your desire to have a male water frame, and I acknowledge your valid reasons for it. However, I would personally desire the frame be female, if only to add to the roster of female frames (I would relent if it meant a tanky female, such as the suggested plant themed frame).

Above all, though, I would like to see this game reach a point where players are allowed gender options instead of monogenders. A trivial thing, perhaps, but customization is a great thing to have.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm going to go ahead and link this thread to DE Rebecca. This is, honestly, a decent concept, and should be looked into be the dev team.

Edited by Spriggs

yes, but a Tidal wave gets it's brute force from sheer size. how exactly, do you suggest you're going to fit a Tidal wave inside a space ship?

it might be a game, but just doing things and saying 'because Magicu' will kill the game for some future players, and that's future PAYers. 

there's no reason why we can't have cool variety, but also confine it to a few simple rules so other types of people will also like it. everyone benefits.

edit:

and what would be so horrible with fusing a water and Ice frame together? they're almost identical, seriously. they're treading in the same pool, one just has a different mask on. personally, i think they're too similar to exist at the same time. but if frames are going to have more than 4 powers, and Frost has 3 powers that are almost useless most of the time, there's plenty of room to see what water might be able to do for him, as well as ice.

People will understand, SHOULD understand that very little of the game is based on realism. You'll find that the scifi explanation for water is plenty for a scifi game. Most other frames do not even have that, and you'll be hard pressed for an answer when someone asks you where excal's javelins come from.

also, nay on the water + ice thing. They're actually too different to make sense in one frame, especially  Frost. Think about it.

Edited by WondahBoah

and nobody said fusing them into frost would be horrible. Though now that you mention it, I would be curious to know what your suggestion would actually amount to; a compulsory reskin of frost and a reworking of his powers? what does fusing two frames together mean??

mixing both ideas of water and Ice into his 3 other powers. Snowglobe shows he's clearly a Defensive frame, but the other 3 powers aren't very Defensive. Freeze could arguably be somewhat Defensive. Freeze might possibly be an okay power.

Ice Wave should probably be the 4th slot power, and be a semi-directional sor of ice tidal wave. directional matches defensive more than offensive.

a new 2nd slot power would need to exist, i was thinking maybe a sort of Ice Shield on the off hand, to be used possibly in conjunction with blocking to act as a sort of living cover for your team. or maybe even some sort of water shield, absorbing incoming damage, but only to a certain level. so stopping small arms fire, but higher damage dealing attacks would still hurt you. 

if Freeze is actually okay, keep it - though i feel like i'd prefer it to be more like a Tesla, a small ice explosion you throw like a grenade, and the small explosion radius freezes anything inside it. so densely packed enemies could all be frozen, but generally it'll still freeze just one enemy.

and you'll be hard pressed for an answer when someone asks you where excal's javelins come from.

the Javelins could be launched from the frame, with a micro manufactoring plant in the suit, using stores of metals to create the javelins when needed. and could be fired in that radial pattern with something as simple as a pneumatic system. 

even something like Ember can be reasonably justified, Fireballs are a mainstay of fantastical and Sci-Fi games. 

but water, is literally harmless unless under extreme pressure. in either a compressed form, or in just sheer mass to create force (such as a tidal wave). 

when is the last time you hurt yourself by dumping a bucket of water on your head? i never have.

Edited by taiiat

mixing both ideas of water and Ice into his 3 other powers. Snowglobe shows he's clearly a Defensive frame, but the other 3 powers aren't very Defensive. Freeze could arguably be somewhat Defensive. Freeze might possibly be an okay power.

Ice Wave should probably be the 4th slot power, and be a semi-directional sor of ice tidal wave. directional matches defensive more than offensive.

a new 2nd slot power would need to exist, i was thinking maybe a sort of Ice Shield on the off hand, to be used possibly in conjunction with blocking to act as a sort of living cover for your team. or maybe even some sort of water shield, absorbing incoming damage, but only to a certain level. so stopping small arms fire, but higher damage dealing attacks would still hurt you. 

if Freeze is actually okay, keep it - though i feel like i'd prefer it to be more like a Tesla, a small ice explosion you throw like a grenade, and the small explosion radius freezes anything inside it. so densely packed enemies could all be frozen, but generally it'll still freeze just one enemy.

the Javelins could be launched from the frame, with a micro manufactoring plant in the suit, using stores of metals to create the javelins when needed. and could be fired in that radial pattern with something as simple as a pneumatic system. 

even something like Ember can be reasonably justified, Fireballs are a mainstay of fantastical and Sci-Fi games. 

but water, is literally harmless unless under extreme pressure. in either a compressed form, or in just sheer mass to create force (such as a tidal wave). 

when is the last time you hurt yourself by dumping a bucket of water on your head? i never have.

from OP: "Power explanantion: He is able to produce hydrogen from his body, using energy he can bond hydrogen coming from his body with the surrounding oxygen in the air to produce water. This requires a large amount of energy which is then cooled off through the tubes of D2O (Heavy water) flowing through him."

The D2O is the extremely dense water Abzu makes for his attacks. think Kaldur: Water-Whipping-kaldurahm-31688101-450-23

Personally I wanted a male plant based theme but also a male water based theme would be nice and the main reason for me personally has to do with the fact it breaks the typically gender biased themes towards males dealing in fire/dark powers, and females more water based/plant based things (at least typically) so for instance an earth based frame could be female/tanky in my book or something.