The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Booting The Game Up Is Ridiculous Now.

Xylia

I had some trouble with this last night, not between mission, but first starting the game up last night.

I just updated the game earlier that day, and in the evening when my friends got online, I went to boot the game up. It went like this:

1). Open the Launcher.

2). Wait for it to check for updates.

3). Click "Play"

4). Game takes over Full Screen mode, entire screen goes black.

5). Wait.

6). Wait.

7). Wait.

8). WTF? Did it crash?

9). Wait.

10). Wait.

11). Wait.

12). Wait.

13). This is going to load sometime today, right?

14). Wait.

15). Wait.

16). Screen is still black.

17). Wait.

18). Wait.

19). Should I Alt-Tab and see if Warframe is unresponsive?

20). Wait.

21). Wait.

22). FINALLY! The.....LOADING SCREEN!? WTF?

23). Loading Screen's bar goes to from 0 to 80% in 5 seconds....and stops.

24). The old Taiko Drum theme plays... and gets done playing just as the bar finally fills in and I see the UN/PW screen.

25). I enter my UN/PW and see the login reward roulette. It spins a couple times, pauses for 1-2 seconds, spins a couple times, pauses for 1-2 seconds, and finally shows me my reward (yay another plat coupon... *rolls eyes*).

26). I click "Accept" and 5 seconds later it finally gives me the "OK/Cancel" prompt about opening my browser. I click Cancel and FINALLY 10 seconds later I can see my character.

27). The Inbox comes up with a couple messages... wait, I can't move my mouse cursor?

28). 5 seconds later, I can FINALLY move and the game appears to play OK.

Total Time Elapsed: At least 7-8 minutes, maybe more.

My Computer specs:

Win7 64-bit

16GB RAM

AMD 6-Core 3.5 GHz

Nvidia GTX 660

Easily enough to run Warframe at 60 FPS+ even in Defense/Survival/etc, even while hosting.

Other programs running in the background/etc:

Just Steam and Skype, with one Firefox browser window, idle. Fullscreen mode at 1360x768.

Without knowing the exact cause of the problem, I'm fairly certain that it's a local issue you have.
I'm running Win 7 x64, 4GB ram (the crap kind I just happened to have in a box), Intell E2180 2GHz and a GTX260, and while loading does take a bit longer than i'd like, I have never had anything like what you're describing.

What I would recommend here is to open the settings in the launcher and both verify and optimize your download cache. Once that is complete, do a restart of your rig, and then run Warframe as you normally would, and see if there is any performance improvement. Another thing to check is if multithreading is checked or not. If not, check the box so the game can take advantage of the multi core processor power you have available. If these things do not significantly improve performance, then you may want to make sure that there are no background processes staying open and active after an application has shut down, this can eat resources without your knowledge.

Good Luck and happy gaming!

Without knowing the exact cause of the problem, I'm fairly certain that it's a local issue you have.

I'm running Win 7 x64, 4GB ram (the crap kind I just happened to have in a box), Intell E2180 2GHz and a GTX260, and while loading does take a bit longer than i'd like, I have never had anything like what you're describing.

how can it be local if I am playing everything just fine and hosting 1 minute then download update 15 the next minute to crash after crash after crash and saying insufficient memory. It's obviously the game. plus multiple ppl with the same issues. I have been playing since update 6 and it was never a problem to run this game. I could easily run the game in medium and host games. then download update 15...game broke. lots of ppl saying this and you say its local?

Edited by ghoster5000

-snip- then download update 15...game broke. lots of ppl saying this and you say its local?

I haven't seen other threads with this problem, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough?

In any case, it's always good to check your own system before asking others to check theirs, but you probably know this already.

There is quite a few other threads with similar problems, and I am having the same issue, and yes only since update 15. Before anyone asks, yes the cache has been optimized, verified, all the combinations of different boxes ticked, and it has led me to unclick direct X 11. Its not a fix, but it seemed to help me. As a side note, once in game, runs without issues.

I am having this same issue, before U15 I was able to load in almost instantly, but now it takes like 5 mins to load...

-Edit-

Whenever the game goes to a loading screen it brings my processor usage to 100%, which is really interesting because I have a 3rd gen i7 and that takes a lot to max out.

Edited by Reidmaster