Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viver? A Confused Tenno?

Monybags33

Question

So iv missed playing on Warframe and missed the live Dev stream for about 3 weeks now and decided too come back and look at the forms just too see what the newest complaints/posts of the day were about before starting too play again when I came across something called "Viver"?

Despite searching for myself I have yet too really figure out what all the commotion is about. As far as I can read its about spawning rates, farming, and not leveling up our Warframe's as fast as we used too but that's as far as iv gotten.

Can someone please clarify for me what's going on for a Tenno that's been out of the loop and is trying too figure out what's going on? Hopefully I'm not the only one out of the loop, thanks.

Edited by Monybags33

12 answers to this question

Small map, Interception.

Fast Corpus spawn rates.

AOE spam with a Trinity restoring energy.

Can rank a weapon 0-30 in about 20 minutes, and is being used for Reputation farming.

Requires at least 3 specific frames to combo effectively, and a 4th player to keep spawn rates high.

It is a horrible situation (the community divide and hate going on), and in need of a fix. Not just the map, but the need for grinding of this scale too.

nNIaUuv.jpg

Edited by Kthal

It is an Interception mission on Eris, and currently one of the best Affinity (and thus Reputation) farms due to it's overall structure. Currently Interception is the ideal candidate for 'endless' runs because you can get spawns like a mobile defense and continue playing indefinitely.

However, there is nothing inherently wrong with Viver, Eris itself, but it is a lightning rod for all the problems associated with reputation requirements for syndicate advancement.

Viver is a small Interception map with INSANELY broken spawn (about 10k enemies per mission, if you kill them non-stop). This spawn allowed for very fast Syndicate Standing grind, yielding about 3k-10k per single wave . With right warframes the amount of mods, exp., standing and materials is ridiculously high.

There's a particular map on Eris called Viver.  It's a smaller sized map and the spawn rate of enemies is really good there.

Some players who've strategized in advance to maximize kills have been racking up really high affinity gains/syndicate rep with it.

Other players who are playing normally are getting normal amounts of rep with it.

What you're seeing is a tug of war between community members right now.  Some want it to stay as a great place to farm XP/rep, others want it nerfed so that the people with good team coordination and advanced preparation no longer get the larger than normal XP/rep gains.

Edited by sushidubya

There's a particular map on Eris called Viver.  It's a smaller sized map and the spawn rate of enemies is really good there.

Some players who've strategized in advance to maximize kills have been racking up really high affinity gains/syndicate rep with it.

Other players who are playing normally are getting normal amounts of rep with it.

What you're seeing is a tug of war between community members right now.  Some want it to stay as a great place to farm XP/rep, others want it nerfed so that the people with good team coordination and advanced preparation no longer get the larger than normal XP/rep gains.

Oooh my, we've got a Viver fanboy, don't we?

That's not to mention the fact that Syndicates are an ENDGAME system, and they're being destroyed by this node. Really, all notions of hard work are being destroyed: bring a mag, an excal, a trinity and you can't lose.

That's not strategy that's called breaking the coddamn game.

That's not to mention the fact that Syndicates are an ENDGAME system, and they're being destroyed by this node. Really, all notions of hard work are being destroyed: bring a mag, an excal, a trinity and you can't lose.

if Syndicates are the ENDGAMe with such a crap rewards i will go play  Tetris better

and the solution is to gain Synd Rep via high reward Synd Rep missions to face multi Synd faction opponents

to keep the interest and all other missions reward fixed Synd Rep and lieve Viver as it is for easy frame and weapon leveling

I dunno what you're talking about man. I'm not a fanboy. It is a strategy. XP is still gathered normally without a hack or exploit. Spamming skills and coordinating among teammates is not breaking the game and done all the time in Warframe.

EDIT: at your comment of "all notions of hard work..." Yes when man invented the wheel and discovered fire life became easier. Being clever and having some ingenuity has been known to reduce hard work.

Edited by sushidubya

I feel S.T.M.P.D. is correct. Its endgame material, as in it should take a LONG time to reach the end, as in possibly a year of a couple hours a day.

But ending viver will not stop it all. If you remove viver (not saying you should), players would just move to another decent node and farm it for a few thousand rep (yes you can on a few nodes).

Edited by arolust

I don't get it. It's not game breaking. It's not negatively affecting anyone in any way. You don't like it? Don't do it. Stop trying to remove other peoples fun because you don't agree with how they have fun regardless of the fact that it doesn't affect you in the slightest.