Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get A Better Way To Get Rep Points? Honestly Im About Ready To Give Up On Syndicates

UndeadGhostWarrior

The amount of points u need for just 1 mod is ridiculous and the amount u earn by the so called syndicate missions.

i have grinded my a.s.s off to get where i am in this game and now to be faced with this giant wall of grind? and further nerfs forcing us to it?

Games are supposed to be about fun not something tedious

Please either reduce the points to buy something , add sigil multipliers to earn more rep or buff the syndicate mission points.

EDIT:

@VKhaun tunnel vision? i have to get points over time? do u know how long it will take u to get to rank 5, u need 5k rep for rank 1, 22k rep for rank2 , 44k rep for rank 3, 70k rep for rank 4 and i dont even know how much for rank 5.  then another 25k for just 1 mod after u reach 5 and more to get mods or sigils from that syndicate? PLUS AGAIN if i want things from other syndicates which some would already be at minus 40k

If thats how its meant to be played IM DONE im not waiting till next year just to get 1 mod. This is a game NOT A JOB which its starting to feel like.

i'd rather just buy the mods

Edited by UndeadGhostWarrior

It's not meant to be tunnel visioned on. It's a long-term end game token system. You get points doing anything, everywhere, all the time. YOou don't have to grind it, you go do whatever you want and you get points along the way and over time.

It's not meant to be tunnel visioned on. It's a long-term end game token system. You get points doing anything, everywhere, all the time. YOou don't have to grind it, you go do whatever you want and you get points along the way and over time.

Long term?.... as in.... takes a year to get something thats not even worth it?.... one should think twice before posting about "tunnel vision" 

I agree, things should take time, but over a year to do anything? thats not fun. thats not a game. thats a JOB, a pure chore to even pick up the keyboard to start. 

That makes sense for new players, but for people that have already put 500+ hours into the game, it doesn't. Its just another giant wall of grind you have to do in order to see the new content. For new players, its a distant goal to look forward to, when they're good enough to get there.

Syndicate system had the possibility to overcome and surpass the Gradivus Dilemma of last year.

But what have you guys turned it into? A grind shop.

All you need to do is to make the syndicates fight each other, and give out standing and rewards doing so.

This would fire up the game, supporters of the syndicates as well.

Remember Mars - Martialis? Yeah, that kind of stuff.

Edited by Christo92K

The issue here is though that Veteran players who have played non-stop for the past year have nothing to do and can only grind on syndicate points. There is literally NOTHING left for me to do in this game because of syndicates took too long to release and I am simply too far down the road to pick up my bags and turn back to start over again with a new feature. 

It's not made well, and you know it. It may be intended for an end game token system, but the speed at which one can gain reputation, even after achieving the highest rank is ridiculously slow.

i gave up on Syndicates when i saw they were tied to Affinity.

a new System that was supposed to be so great we were told, and it's just an XP grind.

that doesn't feel like a new interesting system. quite the opposite.

a System that sounded like it was going to be something interesting, meaningful choices, and perhaps some story while we're at it. such as good Tenno Politics, supporting different Syndicates for whatever their reasons, helping them against the other Syndicates and Factions in general. sounded so interesting.

instead, XP grinding. i wanted this to be something engaging to change things up in the game, but instead it's just more mapwiping. not encouraging Players to do anything else, just Kill another Million Enemies or so. yay.

i hope this isn't what became of the 'Proxy War' 'endgame' outline. because if this is Proxy Wars, i'm thoroughly disappointed. that was the 'endgame project' that actually sounded like it would be really interesting. a reason to do something other than mapwiping.

Steve was so excited about all of the 'endgame projects'. the Dark Sector stuff is one of those projects, and it's a complete flop. from forced PvP to yucky Tenno Politics, there's just little reason to participate in it.

and if this is Proxy Wars, :/

I think a point people are missing in the OP is having "a better way to get rep points". The problem is that affinity to rep conversion is about as uninteresting as it can get. Not a bad thing to have affinity based rep but by itself is only adding more bland grind to accumulate, especially for players at the point where they have little else to work towards.

Personally I think we need more contributing factors for rep gains, such as objective and mission completion bonuses as well as adding pickups to be turned in for rep. For a much more detailed thread on that sort of thing please see this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340692-refining-the-syndicate-system/