Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greatswords?

Rynax

Melee weapons (and weapons in general) for Warframe, I feel, should all fit in their own niche.

Greatswords would be something that have a reasonably high damage, low "fire rate", and be best used in crowds. Long-sweeping swings capable of hitting multiple enemies.

Wouldn't a greatsword be able to be put in now using the axe/hammer animations?

Certainly seems that way! Guess we'll just have to wait and see if DE delivers. ;D

Greatswords would be something that have a reasonably high damage, low "fire rate", and be best used in crowds. Long-sweeping swings capable of hitting multiple enemies.

Sounds like a great mechanic for a great weapon! :3

How about no?

Don't turn this into a Japanese sci-fi fantasy adventure. Keep your greatswords in fantasy or medieval RPG's.

What?

A two handed sword would simply add diversity in the way the game is already headed. Axes, Hammers, dual daggers, swords... two handed sword fits perfectly.

Honestly, it's like you just enjoy saying no to people...

What?

A two handed sword would simply add diversity in the way the game is already headed. Axes, Hammers, dual daggers, swords... two handed sword fits perfectly.

Honestly, it's like you just enjoy saying no to people...

I said that before the axe and the hammer was added. Now, sure, go ahead. Add greatswords, nunchucks, spears, shields. How about a bow?

I said that before the axe and the hammer was added. Now, sure, go ahead. Add greatswords, nunchucks, spears, shields. How about a bow?

lol..your argument never really seemed fair.

The existing melee weapons already showed that swords and staffs and guantlets were being used in Warframe.

Greatswords are no more or less "japanese sci fi adventure" themed than what is in the game.

Warframe could be veiwed as having had an eastern feel to the weapons that some might feel is broken by european weaponry.

but despite popular knowledge there were some rather large swords employed by certain eastern cultures.

there were some rather large swords employed by certain eastern cultures.

Would love to see an odachi or zanbatou style weapon make it's way into the foundry if "european weaponry" is too difficult for some people to wrap their minds around.

Good ideas. Weapon diversity is great, as long as the general design is of a high standard like the axe and hammer.

Edited by Zakalwe

How about no?

Don't turn this into a Japanese sci-fi fantasy adventure. Keep your greatswords in fantasy or medieval RPG's.

This argument doesn't hold much water now that we have an axe and hammer that are straight out of Kingdoms of Amalur. I personally would have preferred it if they kept to a more unique style for the weapons. Something based on the Tetsubo above would have been cooler than the hammer for example, and something like a Naginata instead of the axe. But people seem happy with them, so I'll shut up.

Edit: Okay, didn't refresh the page. Still stands, though.

Edited by Sealgaire

How about no?

Not sure about you, but the Tenno look and act more like knights than anything japanese.

While greatswords are a big no-no in my book (they are huge departure from the game's artistic direction), I'm all for a Daikatana, Nodachi, Nagamaki or a Naginata. They'd fit in the setting while providing an area for design inovations and creativity.

This argument doesn't hold much water now that we have an axe and hammer that are straight out of Kingdoms of Amalur. I personally would have preferred it if they kept to a more unique style for the weapons. Something based on the Tetsubo above would have been cooler than the hammer for example, and something like a Naginata instead of the axe. But people seem happy with them, so I'll shut up.

Edit: Okay, didn't refresh the page. Still stands, though.

Actually if you look at the Ceramic sword, it's design is pretty Arabian/Middle Eastern, so I guess in that sense the axe and hammer would fit into it's artistic theme as of now.

I think any new weapon should fit a general theme; Heavy weapons are European styled weapons, all skana type swords are Asian styled weapons

Actually if you look at the Ceramic sword, it's design is pretty Arabian/Middle Eastern, so I guess in that sense the axe and hammer would fit into it's artistic theme as of now.

I think any new weapon should fit a general theme; Heavy weapons are European styled weapons, all skana type swords are Asian styled weapons

I'd rather any new weapons fit a Warframe theme.

While greatswords are a big no-no in my book (they are huge departure from the game's artistic direction), I'm all for a Daikatana, Nodachi, Nagamaki or a Naginata. They'd fit in the setting while providing an area for design inovations and creativity.

It really depends. The Skana looks more like a cross between a sabre and a more asian inspired sword (the name itself could a mix of katana and sabre in fact) since it has a bit more of a typical sabre design.

The bo is a fairly universal weapon and is found just in about every culture, and the hammer, heavy axe look very european, even viking based. The daggers are universal again, and the cronus is basically a fantasy weapon with no real similarity to nything.Though the blade looks a bit more like a sabre.

As to the names of the warframes themselves. You've got two directly based on european mythology (excalibur, loki) and none that seem to be inspired by japanese or asian mythology (name wise). The warframes are typically well armoured and very mobile once more a trope that fits knights very well. More than ninjas|Samurai

The whole ranking system also fits a more european order system in a sense.

Just stating that not everyone sees the same japanese blend that some others are seeing, not trying to set up a flame.

IMHO the tenno are probably a mix and match of a lot of martial schools from the real world with no single one being more dominant.

I could agree with a greatsword, but with a realistic blade, not 30cm wide 2 ton concrete bar with a handle.

THIS: http://images.knifec...es/CS88WGSS.jpg

NOT THIS: http://www.pycomall....eat_Sword_1.gif

because i can bet half of you mean the second one.

Yea, I agree. It should still feel relatively sleek and fast but be beefy enough to feel intimidating.