Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Highest Dmg Melee? As Well As Highest Dmg Dread Build

-I-SkyHigh-I-

Question

Hey there guys,

I just wanted to ask about what the highest damage melee weapon is. Last I heard Dakra Prime; Oh and I'm not basing this off of base stats, I'm basing this off of when build as far as it can go, the max dmg output it can get. My other question, what is the highest DMG build for Dread there is atm? Right now I'm using Serration 8/10, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Heavy Cal 8/10, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, Malignant Force, Stormbringer.

Thanks,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Tenno

There are currently two melee weapons with the highest base damage; Jat Kittag and Scindo Prime, with 130 physical damage. Which essentially means they can achieve higher damage + dps stats. Hope this helps!

Not so much of a Dread user, so I can't help you there, sorry.

Scindo Prime has the same dmg as Jat Kittag, but Scindo Prime + Cleaving Whirlwing provides a huge dmg bonus during the spins on Broken Bull, and you can raise it's crit chance and add in a Berserker mod as well to up your dps.

For Dread, I say Serr. + S.C. + H.C. (Rank 7) + P.S. + V.S. + 2 Elementals + Vile Acc. 

- You can replace H.C. with the Slash event mod if you want.

good choices but not entirely correct, DPS means Damage Per Second, so the speed at which a weapon swings needs to be taken into account.

With recent changes to the Scindo Prime's crit chance, a crit build is somewhat viable. Along with the spinning combo on CW, and depending on your Warframe, you can very much out DPS a lot of other melee weapons. (Save for Dual Ichor, which are still one of the best melee weapons for DPS.)

Hey there guys,

I just wanted to ask about what the highest damage melee weapon is. Last I heard Dakra Prime; Oh and I'm not basing this off of base stats, I'm basing this off of when build as far as it can go, the max dmg output it can get. My other question, what is the highest DMG build for Dread there is atm? Right now I'm using Serration 8/10, Point Strike, Split Chamber, Heavy Cal 8/10, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, Malignant Force, Stormbringer.

Thanks,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Tenno

Your Dread looks good, all you're missing is Fanged Fusillade for 120% more slash at max. And obviously I'd max out Serration and Heavy Cal when you can. Also depends if you want to include crits into the max damage. If so Hammer Shot might be something else to look into since that increases crit damage by 60%.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Heavy Cal on the Dread since I like to be accurate at long distances. But if you aren't bothered by that or just don't use it at long distances or find that even with the reduced accuracy both arrows from multishot hit then it's a must.

This is what I use right now, it's far from the highest damage possible but just so you have an idea:

14b8d8i.jpg

If I wanted Heavy Cal in that I would replace Hammer Shot. I would also replace it with Fanged Fusillade, but I don't have that mod. If you don't want to go for crits I might replace Point Strike or Vital Sense as well (you don't crit against shields I don't think, so that could be a reason why you don't want high crit chance or crit damage).

Edited by Seraphyx

If it's (reliable) damage per hit you're looking for, you'll want to go for a Scindo Prime with the Cleaving Whirlwind stance. Scindo Prime and Jat Kittag have the same base damage, but the Broken Bull combo (400% multiplier on each swing, two swings per attack, seven attacks in a row [EE_EEEEEEE]) brings it WAY ahead of the Jat for crowd-destroying. The Jat is more reliable at ragdolling everything in sight, though.

If you're using a Frame such as Loki, Ash, or Excal (i.e. a Frame that can force Stealth multipliers on melee attacks), though, then I'd recommend you go for something much faster than a heavy weapon, since you're losing out on mobility and you'll be one-shotting everything anyways. I personally use the Dragon Nikana (any stance, but I like Blind Justice best) and Dakra Prime (Iron Phoenix) for Stealth Multiplier frames.

Jat Kittag and Scindo Prime are the highest damaging melee weapons, and for the Dread build you'd need at least 2-3 forma for it to fit all the mods you'd want. I use a Serration 10/10, Point Strike,  Vital Sense, Split Chamber, Thunderbolt, Fanged Fussilade, Sawtooth Clip. and Speed Trigger. It isn't amazing, but it works out for me when I need to chew through Infested.

Damage is a bit of a dubious stat for melee weapons, especially since their attack speeds aren't always one-to-one with their stances. The Dual Ichor, once it hits a few Berserker procs, is probably still the most powerful melee weapon in the game. The Dragon Nikana is the best weapon for melee quickdraw, dealing more damage than any other from the get-go. The Dakra Prime is the best for when you've got your melee weapon equipped because its initial combos are so powerful. The Scindo Prime is the best for damage per-hit, and can do quite a bit once it's nabbed a few Berserker procs itself, which puts it fairly close to the Dual Ichor (which only bests it due to speed, I think). The Bo Prime is the best for inflicting status effects and is amazing at stun-locking enemies.

Those are the best melee weapons in the game, imo. The only one I haven't played with and tested is the Scindo Prime, because I'm far too lazy to farm the Handle and Blade. I'll get around to it soon, though.

Damage is a bit of a dubious stat for melee weapons, especially since their attack speeds aren't always one-to-one with their stances. The Dual Ichor, once it hits a few Berserker procs, is probably still the most powerful melee weapon in the game. The Dragon Nikana is the best weapon for melee quickdraw, dealing more damage than any other from the get-go. The Dakra Prime is the best for when you've got your melee weapon equipped because its initial combos are so powerful. The Scindo Prime is the best for damage per-hit, and can do quite a bit once it's nabbed a few Berserker procs itself, which puts it fairly close to the Dual Ichor (which only bests it due to speed, I think). The Bo Prime is the best for inflicting status effects and is amazing at stun-locking enemies.

Those are the best melee weapons in the game, imo. The only one I haven't played with and tested is the Scindo Prime, because I'm far too lazy to farm the Handle and Blade. I'll get around to it soon, though.

Yeah, well it I use the Limbo build with Rift Walk as my main priority, as well as Saryn for my AoE and Nova as my Support as my three mains, but I usually like doing Limbo, so what would you suggest to pair with him to get the most out of my melee? Thanks.

If it's (reliable) damage per hit you're looking for, you'll want to go for a Scindo Prime with the Cleaving Whirlwind stance. Scindo Prime and Jat Kittag have the same base damage, but the Broken Bull combo (400% multiplier on each swing, two swings per attack, seven attacks in a row [EE_EEEEEEE]) brings it WAY ahead of the Jat for crowd-destroying. The Jat is more reliable at ragdolling everything in sight, though.

If you're using a Frame such as Loki, Ash, or Excal (i.e. a Frame that can force Stealth multipliers on melee attacks), though, then I'd recommend you go for something much faster than a heavy weapon, since you're losing out on mobility and you'll be one-shotting everything anyways. I personally use the Dragon Nikana (any stance, but I like Blind Justice best) and Dakra Prime (Iron Phoenix) for Stealth Multiplier frames.

I have the Scindo P, I've just neglected to max it and put stuff into it yet because I didn't know its full potential, or the build I need to set it up correctly. So, yeah.

Your Dread looks good, all you're missing is Fanged Fusillade for 120% more slash at max. And obviously I'd max out Serration and Heavy Cal when you can. Also depends if you want to include crits into the max damage. If so Hammer Shot might be something else to look into since that increases crit damage by 60%.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Heavy Cal on the Dread since I like to be accurate at long distances. But if you aren't bothered by that or just don't use it at long distances or find that even with the reduced accuracy both arrows from multishot hit then it's a must.

This is what I use right now, it's far from the highest damage possible but just so you have an idea:

14b8d8i.jpg

If I wanted Heavy Cal in that I would replace Hammer Shot. I would also replace it with Fanged Fusillade, but I don't have that mod. If you don't want to go for crits I might replace Point Strike or Vital Sense as well (you don't crit against shields I don't think, so that could be a reason why you don't want high crit chance or crit damage).

Yeah, I like my Heavy Cal in it just because of the fact that I run it with Limbo doing Rift Walk and then Banishing, so my main priority is to get my enemies killed as quickly and efficently as possible. Besides that, I have Hammer Shot but I was told to replace it for a Elemental Mod, so I dunno. From what I heard Fanged is only useful as a Heavy Cal sub if you dont care about the small dmg drop for the increase in accuracy, but when your running such high numbers with a bow thats easy to headshot with, especially if your enemy is on the ground. All I have to say there; Though, if you have a better idea of what to reccomend, I'm always open. "The highest DPH Obtainable" is always my goal. I love efficiency to death.

The jat kitag is a hammer from dojo research as he said ^

jat kitag and scindo prime are indeed the 2 weapon that deal the most damage, scindo prime has a bit more critical chance i think (i managed to put a crit at 50k with it easily and without a high combo multiplier.... so op x_x )

For the dread as everybody above said, you need critical damage + critical chance + a lot of damage mod. the best is to have the "fanged fusillade" mod from the last event and to put just 2 elemental mod for higher damage.

Edited by Trichouette

Scindo Prime has the same dmg as Jat Kittag, but Scindo Prime + Cleaving Whirlwing provides a huge dmg bonus during the spins on Broken Bull, and you can raise it's crit chance and add in a Berserker mod as well to up your dps.

For Dread, I say Serr. + S.C. + H.C. (Rank 7) + P.S. + V.S. + 2 Elementals + Vile Acc. 

- You can replace H.C. with the Slash event mod if you want.

Hey, oh by the way I'm running Serration Level 8, Split Chamber Maxed, Heavy Caliber Level 8, Point Strike Maxed, Vital Sense Maxed, Malignant Force and Stormbringer Maxed, and Speed Trigger, dunno if the Vile Acceleration is worth the 15% damage dropoff.

Thanks.

The jat kitag is a hammer from dojo research as he said ^

jat kitag and scindo prime are indeed the 2 weapon that deal the most damage, scindo prime has a bit more critical chance i think (i managed to put a crit at 50k with it easily and without a high combo multiplier.... so op x_x )

For the dread as everybody above said, you need critical damage + critical chance + a lot of damage mod. the best is to have the "fanged fusillade" mod from the last event and to put just 2 elemental mod for higher damage.

Yeah, and jesus man whats your Scindo Prime build if its pulling 50k Crits? x'D I need anything that furthers my damage per hit right off of my back because I use it when getting close to enemies or to finish them when using Banish or just for fun sometimes. As for the Dread, my build is above so I honestly don't know what dmg is the best DMG so I just went with what I know and it says my charged attack does 15k per arrow, and then it does much more sometimes and during red crits, I'm just trying to make it Endgame worthy so I can kill those really high levels xD Thanks

if you're talking about Damage in a single strike for Melee - that's pretty simple, just look in the Codex and see which one has the highest Damage stats.

if 'muh Deeps', quite a few Melee's compete situationally for top standing.

(here's a tip though, a Katana isn't the answer for 'DPS', they're good for killing one Enemy at a time, not DPS (which is hilarious since Warframe doesn't attack you one Enemy at a time)).

for Dread, 'highest Damage' depends on situation, and how you're willing to use the Weapon.

if you want the absolute highest possible Damage Numbers, you can't use Heavy Caliber. because the Mod is worthless unless it's atleast 7/10 (at which point it's kind've okay but still probably better off without), but preferably just maxed. however, Crit Status Headshots are the highest Damage Numbers period, and Heavy Caliber will mess with that. if you want absolute highest Damage Numbers, you can't use Heavy Caliber.

Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense are a given.

Hammershot is a no unless you want a more pure Damage Weapon (like a pure Slash Loadout or something), then to avoid adding other Damage Types, go crazy.

Fanged Fusillade is acceptable. Dread is 90%+ weighted Slash, so the Mod is useful. use your primary Elementals before this Mod though, for maximum Damage Numbers.

Elementals depends on what you're fighting ofcourse. and how you're fighting it.

Anti-Faction Mods are extremely difficult to defeat versus adding another Elemental. they add a lot of Damage, while adding another Elemental may not. it depends on what Damage Types your Weapon deals to the Enemy.

so what would you suggest to pair with him to get the most out of my melee? Thanks.

you'll really want good Crits. a good Status Chance is preferable.

you'll be doing Ground Finishers most of the time, Fisticuffs (Fist Weapons) have very high Ground Finisher Multipliers. there's other Crit Melee's that deal tons of Damage too though.

don't use Channeling Mods (a Channeling Loadout is <10% more Damage than a pure Damage Loadout, yet costs Energy to get any Damage), but do use Channeling for the free +50% Damage for 5 Energy.

dunno if Vile Acceleration is worth the 15% damage dropoff.

technically, no Speed Mods are worth the massive Damage tradeoff for taking up a Mod slot.

you choose how much Speed Boost you need for Bows to feel right for you. using more or less isn't going to work for you.

As someone else said, the combo from cleaving whirlwind is pretty OP, you get +300% damage for 2 hit when you're spinning, add this to a critical hit + channeling... > super big damage x_x

that's my build for scindo p

EoViNoA.jpg

This weapon IS the best melee of the game... with berserker and fury i'm as quick as a dagger after some crit and with cleaving whirlwind i deal a lot of damage for stupidly spining (i feel like juggernaut \o/   )

Also i wouldn't ever put heavy caliber on the dread... the lost of the accuracy is so bad, a headshot is better than heavy caliber in my opinion

-edit-

i also believe that the damage displayed are totally bugged, very often i deal no damage and kill people that i need way more than what is displayed to kill them.

example: with a synapse very often i see a crit at 500 and i kill an enemy that have 10k hp... and then i crit at 10k 

i will never understand that... unless it's a bug as i believe :p

Edited by Trichouette

if you're talking about Damage in a single strike for Melee - that's pretty simple, just look in the Codex and see which one has the highest Damage stats.

if 'muh Deeps', quite a few Melee's compete situationally for top standing.

(here's a tip though, a Katana isn't the answer for 'DPS', they're good for killing one Enemy at a time, not DPS (which is hilarious since Warframe doesn't attack you one Enemy at a time)).

for Dread, 'highest Damage' depends on situation, and how you're willing to use the Weapon.

if you want the absolute highest possible Damage Numbers, you can't use Heavy Caliber. because the Mod is worthless unless it's atleast 7/10 (at which point it's kind've okay but still probably better off without), but preferably just maxed. however, Crit Status Headshots are the highest Damage Numbers period, and Heavy Caliber will mess with that. if you want absolute highest Damage Numbers, you can't use Heavy Caliber.

Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense are a given.

Hammershot is a no unless you want a more pure Damage Weapon (like a pure Slash Loadout or something), then to avoid adding other Damage Types, go crazy.

Fanged Fusillade is acceptable. Dread is 90%+ weighted Slash, so the Mod is useful. use your primary Elementals before this Mod though, for maximum Damage Numbers.

Elementals depends on what you're fighting ofcourse. and how you're fighting it.

Anti-Faction Mods are extremely difficult to defeat versus adding another Elemental. they add a lot of Damage, while adding another Elemental may not. it depends on what Damage Types your Weapon deals to the Enemy.

you'll really want good Crits. a good Status Chance is preferable.

you'll be doing Ground Finishers most of the time, Fisticuffs (Fist Weapons) have very high Ground Finisher Multipliers. there's other Crit Melee's that deal tons of Damage too though.

don't use Channeling Mods (a Channeling Loadout is <10% more Damage than a pure Damage Loadout, yet costs Energy to get any Damage), but do use Channeling for the free +50% Damage for 5 Energy.

technically, no Speed Mods are worth the massive Damage tradeoff for taking up a Mod slot.

you choose how much Speed Boost you need for Bows to feel right for you. using more or less isn't going to work for you.

Hey there,

Yeah, I pretty clearly understand the whole getting the best damage thing. From what I have heard Dread has the highest Damage Per Hit, which is what I like because want to be able to 1 shot all of my enemies, but if you have a more efficient option. Please tell me, because I'm just trying to find what puts out the most damage in the best ammount and with the most efficiency for endgame and higher levels. Because of the fact that I like Limbo, Saryn, and Nova and a few others I guess you could suggest pairs that match well with those Frames, but generally I do try for the headshots more often and I'm pretty good at. What I prefer is to be able to kill the most ammount of enemies in a area and move on, so that means if not one shot per person, only a few very rapid shots to take out a person at higher level stuff so I can snap onto my next target and move on.

Again,

Thanks man :)

Imo, you should ALWAYS have Life Strike (unranked) on melee weapons. It's extremely useful.

I kinda agree but it's not necessary when playing with a teamate that always has rejuvenation ;)

or if you play trinity/oberon/nekros

But indeed that's a good idea but you lose some damage

As someone else said, the combo from cleaving whirlwind is pretty OP, you get +300% damage for 2 hit when you're spinning, add this to a critical hit + channeling... > super big damage x_x

that's my build for scindo p

EoViNoA.jpg

This weapon IS the best melee of the game... with berserker and fury i'm as quick as a dagger after some crit and with cleaving whirlwind i deal a lot of damage for stupidly spining (i feel like juggernaut \o/   )

Also i wouldn't ever put heavy caliber on the dread... the lost of the accuracy is so bad, a headshot is better than heavy caliber in my opinion

-edit-

i also believe that the damage displayed are totally bugged, very often i deal no damage and kill people that i need way more than what is displayed to kill them.

example: with a synapse very often i see a crit at 500 and i kill an enemy that have 10k hp... and then i crit at 10k 

i will never understand that... unless it's a bug as i believe :p

Hey there, well I like that build mostly, but the whole channeling thing turns me off. I dont like having to take out my melee weapon and I like to use it right off my back so I can quickly switch back, and snap to more targets to kill. So, yeah. x'D

Hey there, well I like that build mostly, but the whole channeling thing turns me off. I dont like having to take out my melee weapon and I like to use it right off my back so I can quickly switch back, and snap to more targets to kill. So, yeah. x'D

If you're wanting quick melee, Scindo Prime is not the way to go since you won't be getting the spin combo with the insane multiplier, neither will the Dakra Prime have it. Best stick to Dragon Nikana then.