The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Figured Out What The Rhino Prime Codex Was Talking About! Update: Regarding Tenno "physicality"

Morec0

Very good Morec0. You sum up the multitude of ideas into one cohesive train of thought.

Well put together and certainly worth to consider.

I like most of it, mostly about the tc predating the warframes by a long time. I agree *something* to do with warframes is taking place in the codex, but I cant see what.

I am really not a fan of the Tenno being energy, not really them being kids on ice remoting a monster either.

The warframes we use have a spine that may or may not be a part of the Tenno pilot. This... beast seem mostly to me like... a alien creature being experimented upon.

The timeline keep bugging me. The crew from the Zariman vanished, but came back. A military ship but only children were found hiding *days later*.

The Zariman is clearly known as "The ship that never came back." Even though this Codex can't be too far into the future, enough time passed for a facility to keep the returnees in a "Cell".

Countless specimens gave been made and disposed of, clearly failures.

They cut open their "shell" to get to the humanoid creature beneath. This sound like the Dark Sector infection to me.

Remember the words in Excalibur codex?

Rejects

Twisted

They only turned to the Void during the War. This is the Void Era, like Pre-warp in Star Trek.

The infestation have broken out twice right? On anscient Earth and when the Tenno woke from Cryospleep.

So they had the tc and were probably experimenting, building biotech with it for a long time.

So the stuff had a high likely hood being aboard the Zariman when it got stranded in the Void for several days.

Now, imagine that something came back on that ship. Something not human. Imagine the void caused the tc present to mutate. It in turn gave birth to a new form of life. Out there? This is pretty in sci-fi.

This new form of life being a child if three parents (human, technicyte, void energy) took ok a childlike form.

Extremely unstable and dangerous these rejects were isolated, and cloned as they matured and evolved.

Tested like animals for signs of emotion, communication and so on.

They tried to control them. They failed again and again.

What if the reason the Rhino stops in front of Davis, is that it suddenly gains Sentience? It has a I think therefore I am, moment. It remembers where it came from.

The orokin proceed to create soldiers and weapons based on what Davis have discivered.

Orokin golden age follows.

Zariman events don't even look like Orokin era, it's pre-Void era or Void era possibly. In the time of Sentient war Tenno were already a forgotten legend, and Rhino Prime codex takes place even before building first warframe.

Zariman events don't even look like Orokin era, it's pre-Void era or Void era possibly. In the time of Sentient war Tenno were already a forgotten legend, and Rhino Prime codex takes place even before building first warframe.

Yes? I thought I made that very clear in my post.

BEFORE the war. Do not in any way mean the RESEARCH was not done in the past, just that the Tenno were not a thing in a warframe until the war.

Did you missunderstand me?

Edited by arch111

Yes? I thought I made that very clear in my post.

BEFORE the war. Do not in any way mean the RESEARCH was not done in the past, just that the Tenno were not a thing in a warframe until the war.

Did you missunderstand me?

I may have misread this quote:

The orokin proceed to create soldiers and weapons based on what Davis have discivered.

I mean, if "Hayden Tenno/proto-Excalibur canon" is a thing, these soldiers/proto-frames/psycho-childs/call them as you wish may have been created before Orokin empire, not by them. Created, rejected, thrown into the void. Orokin merely got them out, primed (or, in other words, put restricting/mind-controlling collars on them), and used against Sentients.

Of course you may be right and Orokin only used scrapped research.

I both agree and realize I need to specify.

Lets assume some stuff, ok?

* Earth fell to the Technocyte plague. Only a small part of humanity survived.

* In the time after the Exodus into space, humanity became a spacefaring race. Eventually interplanetary ships were built and colonization of Sol System began.

* Long after the Fall, Folding drives are invented. In the process a dimension is discovered, possibly negative space, black energy.

* My guess is the Technocyte is basically nanobots that can build and do anything. So its in EVERYTHING basically.

* The Zariman gave them tainted humans, but even though it was a military ship, it was still an accident.

* By using the Technocyte virus they tried to either contain or refine the kids. Rhino is evidence how hard this was.

* The breakthrough came when they reached the human in rhino. Now they could continue exploring the void powers.

* warframes was not built or even thought of intill the Sentient war. But the Tenno was something rumoured about.

* They werent used because they were feared. The suits as well as Lotus likely gave both freedom and a slaves chains.

There is just too much time we know nothing about. I hope DE clears up the timeline because Davis is like a modern man. And the soldiers in Mag codex clearly are not.

Yeah, still too many gaps. So you assume that Tenno before warframes were just "void-touched" humans, either kids from Zariman or their descendants (or maybe humans that were artificially infused with the void)?

It seems unlikely to me that proto-Rhino is a direct result of experimentation with Zariman kids, cause why would then nobody believe Davis theory? As Morec0 says, that Rhino wasn't connected to Zariman accident directly, and only Davis brought them together.

Oh well, it's anyway just a wide guesses. Gotta wait for more lore pieces, but at least Warframe lore is much more exciting now than 2 years ago.

I have a feeling that the original Warframes, the first Primes, were suits built for the original Void survivors. But the Orokin in their space-magic genius figured out a way to imbue a suit with the power of a Tenno and remove the necessity to expose a Tenno to the Void.

The problem being that the suits, made of Technocyte, had minds of their own and couldn't be controlled once set loose. So once again the Orokin turned to their space-magic and instead of imbuing a Tenno with Void energy TURNED the Tenno into that energy, inserting them into the Warframes. Once that happened, the Orokin were able to craft bio-mechanical battlesuits made of living metal that couldn't be manipulated by the Sentients, but remained in control at all times.

The perfect melding of power and precision.

Terra alive I LOVE this game.