Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 41 Overview

DE_Adam

Isn't a gunslinger a weapon driven idea? That sounds weird. What if I go sword only, am I a gunslinger then? Or is it ability based. I know that Limbo did not go well, and they were right, but you don't have to rush it "The end result is something familiar, stylish, and yet firmly grounded in Warframe’s unique sci-fi.". Don't get me wrong, all the story besides the gunslinger part is really cool. It also means that frames have sight? We need some lore on this DE.

We expect you to make some mistakes.

Also gunblade would be cool if you could use is as a gun AND a blade, if not it's just a cool new blade with nice combos.

1. It's gunslinger "themed" & appearance wise, most gunslingers have key things as far as aesthetics that can fit a set theme.

2. She will likely have "gunslinger" based abilities. This is an obvious given. 

3. Who says Limbo didn't go well?

4. The gunblade is used as both within the combos. Go watch the Devstream or visit the main sight to the see the combos.

Wow love the gunblade idea it could look a little better but that finisher and combos man that looks......actually a lot like an idea I posted awhile ago....that whole "Stab the point black shot" yeah that was.... Actually on my forum topic.....Myslef and onyxzero1986 both had the idea and posted it up, now its going to be in game which is GREAT but.... wheres the credit DE? xD

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/334039-new-weapon-gunblade-meele-and-pistol-combined/#entry3750034

Wow love the gunblade idea it could look a little better but that finisher and combos man that looks......actually a lot like an idea I posted awhile ago....that whole "Stab the point black shot" yeah that was.... Actually on my forum topic.....Myslef and onyxzero1986 both had the idea and posted it up, now its going to be in game which is GREAT but.... wheres the credit DE? xD

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/334039-new-weapon-gunblade-meele-and-pistol-combined/#entry3750034

"Also, adding some sick stance mods that would have combo's with finishers that shoot the enemy, for example a bunch of awesome attacks a stab then for a finisher click while the blade is in the enemy and shoot" Took that straight from my post -_-

"Also, adding some sick stance mods that would have combo's with finishers that shoot the enemy, for example a bunch of awesome attacks a stab then for a finisher click while the blade is in the enemy and shoot" Took that straight from my post -_-

There have been a multitude of gun blade concepts in the forums. What makes you think they even saw your thread? 

Besides, there are only so many things you can do with a gun blade. No matter who it is, chances are there will be many similarities in ideas between people's gun blade concepts. Your concept is exactly what ANY gun blade concept would be—stab, shoot, & shoot while stabbing. It's not like that's a brand new idea.

Not trying to be rude here, just saying. 

There have been a multitude of gun blade concepts in the forums. What makes you think they even saw your thread? 

Besides, there are only so many things you can do with a gun blade. No matter who it is, chances are there will be many similarities in ideas between people's gun blade concepts. Your concept is exactly what ANY gun blade concept would be—stab, shoot, & shoot while stabbing. It's not like that's a brand new idea.

What about the gunslinger idea which came from 

TunaMayo https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/123870-gunslinger-warframe-concept-with-art-by-ignusdei/

This update is all stolen content with no credit

Also, my topic turned "Hot" within an hour of me posting it, im pretty sure they saw it.

That gunslinger doesn't look anything like the one they showed.

Doesn't matter, the IDEA came from that guy they should at least have the common courtesy to put "Inspired by" not saying "DESIGNED by". It's rude to use someone's idea without at LEAST giving them credit. And being rude breaks their rules of the forums.

Doesn't matter, the IDEA came from that guy they should at least have the common courtesy to put "Inspired by" not saying "DESIGNED by". It's rude to use someone's idea without at LEAST giving them credit. And being rude breaks their rules of the forums.

Are you claiming that "gunslinger" is a unique, wholly-original concept invented by someone on this forum? Because that would be a somewhat silly thing to claim

Are you claiming that "gunslinger" is a unique, wholly-original concept invented by someone on this forum? Because that would be a somewhat silly thing to claim

Theres only a handful of gunslinger topics on the forums and even so, they HAD to look at some of these topics they HAD to, they should have given credit at LEAST to the ones they look at or given credit to "Inspired by the community of the warframe Forums" something like that wouldn't even have been too hard.

Yes there a lot of Gunblade topics, okay so simply say "Inspired by the community of the Warframe Forums" That gives credit to everyone who posted the idea. Same with the Gunslinger concept. That wouldn't been hard and everyone would have gotten credit for it instead of giving all credit to one person or....stealing it and claiming it is theirs like they did. Thats not right at all.

Theres only a handful of gunslinger topics on the forums and even so, they HAD to look at some of these topics they HAD to, they should have given credit at LEAST to the ones they look at or given credit to "Inspired by the community of the warframe Forums" something like that wouldn't even have been too hard. Yes there a lot of Gunblade topics, okay so simply say "Inspired by the community of the Warframe Forums" That gives credit to everyone who posted the idea. Same with the Gunslinger concept. That wouldn't been hard and everyone would have gotten credit for it instead of giving all credit to one person or....stealing it and claiming it is theirs like they did. Thats not right at all.

Let me use an example: it's like me making a game with a knight in it, and someone accusing me of stealing the knight idea from Chivalry. 

Even if these forums didn't exist, the ideas for gunblade and gunslinger would still be out there. You might as well ask them to credit Final Fantasy and old west movies. 

Let me use an example: it's like me making a game with a knight in it, and someone accusing me of stealing the knight idea from Chivalry. 

Even if these forums didn't exist, the ideas for gunblade and gunslinger would still be out there. You might as well ask them to credit Final Fantasy and old west movies. 

Okay I see what your saying, but either way they use the forums to get their ideas. You cannot tell me those ideas didn't come from the forums, thats what im saying right there. They need to give credit when taking ideas from the forums. Right?

They need to give credit when taking ideas from the forums. Right?

Not right.

DE is not legally obligated to credit people for their ideas on the forums as said ideas are not protected by the law.

They did admit that Zephyr was inspired by the community, which they did not have to do, but they did it anyway.

If this "Gunslinger" frame was in fact inspired by the community, it makes logical sense that they will give some amount of credit to the community, or the person who made the inspiring concept as they have done it before.

Have faith Tenno.

Not right.

DE is not legally obligated to credit people for their ideas on the forums as said ideas are not protected by the law.

They did admit that Zephyr was inspired by the community, which they did not have to do, but they did it anyway.

If this "Gunslinger" frame was in fact inspired by the community, it makes logical sense that they will give some amount of credit to the community, or the person who made the inspiring concept as they have done it before.

Have faith Tenno.

Still they are breaking their own rules. They look at the forums see ideas and then use them without giving credit, thats rude and against their rules. By not giving credit to people they break their own rules which is not right at all.

Okay I see what your saying, but either way they use the forums to get their ideas. You cannot tell me those ideas didn't come from the forums, thats what im saying right there. They need to give credit when taking ideas from the forums. Right?

Two things:

1. They always give credit when they use fan ideas. So if this is in fact inspired by a fan idea, then credit will be given.

2. I can totally tell you those ideas didn't come from the forums. You're really stretching credulity here saying that they must have gotten the idea for "gunslinger" and "gunblade" off the forums. I mean, if any of them have played video games in the past decade they've probably seen at least one of those things. It's not like those ideas are new or uncommon or anything. 

Still they are breaking their own rules. They look at the forums see ideas and then use them without giving credit, thats rude and against their rules. By not giving credit to people they break their own rules which is not right at all.

True.

however, Zephyr was the brainchild one just one player. Give the 'User Concepts" bit a look. There are TONS of Gunslinger Warframe Concepts.

While a thank you to them would be cool, I highly doubt every single one will get a huge pile of plat, or the Warframe itself for free.

But they may indeed do it. And they may indeed come out and say during a dev stream that "Player X's design, and player Y's design inspired the frame"

Or it could just be 100% the work of the Artist that came up with the concept art everyone has seen so far.

Im not saying give free plat or give the item and warframe out for free, just saying adding inspired by the community would be fairly nice to give all those people who worked on their ideas some credit. Thats all, and its not a stretch to say they saw the topics, when a topic is flagged "Hot" they will at some point look at it, see it, and if they like it use it.