Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon or Boar for Rhino?

Cotea

I am going to make a Rhino Warfram (made 2 of the 3 peices so far) and wanting to find the best type of weapon for it? Am going Lex for Pistol and Furax (Melee fists) for Melee.. Just unsure what weapon to go for as major source of dmg....any suggestions?

Either work just fine. Depends on your playstyle really. I'm currently farming materials to make my HEK, but am using a BOAR shotgun instead for the time being. Although it chews through bullets (the STRUN might've been a better option, but I bought the Rhino bundle so meh), it works well to clear out rooms. Also, if you're using the LEX, that combos well with a shotgun, as you can use your LEX to pop some heads in a crowded room from a safe distance, before charging in to mop the rest up with the shotgun.

From what I hear of the Gorgon, however, as long as you can maintain ammo (ammo boxes, clip/max ammo upgrades and mods, rifle scavenger artifact), you can practically hold down LMB and tear through everything in the level.

Neither, the HEK all the way =D. It's a hilarious weapon, when you kill someone you launch them a accross the room. In its stock form it has a much higher fire rate and reload rate than the Strun, but at the cost packing only have as much ammo in a clip and shooting 8 pellets instead of 10. Once leveled tho, it fires as quickly as you can click and holds up to 9 rounds. I have mine with a combination of 95% multishot, 22% electricity damage, and 45% ammo mods and it rips through everything.

Edited by Mortarion

I would actually recommend the Strun over the Boar if and only if you have multishot mods. It's significantly stronger and once upgraded enough has a pretty decent firing rate. I had a Strun with a 52% multishot mod on it, and it lasted me to mid Rank 2. Then I got the HEK, beyond that is self explanatory.

Edited by Mortarion

Thanks for the helpful tips guys! Gonna get both Strun and Gorgan i think, but oviously get the HEK when i can. BTW do you have to buy slots to hold more weapons or is 3 the max with F2P.

EDIT: and 3 being your Main, Pistol and Melee weapons.

Edited by Cotea

You can have up to 8 different weapons (6 atm as of the bug but it will be fixed) before you have to buy weapon slots to store more.

But your frame can only carry 1 2-handed gun, 1 pistol, and 1 melee at a time.

Yea thats fine, i just wanted to know if i can stock weapons and swap around eg HEK for Missions, then Gorgon for bosses etc

Totally does. But it's like the Burston, in the sense that it sounds cool on paper, but fails in practical execution. ;)

I'll definitely give you that. I was a little disappointed with it, tbh. But given I'm farming for the HEK, I couldn't be bothered forking out for a STRUN just to fill the gap. BOAR does the job that I need to do, even if it doesn't do it as well as the alternatives.