The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Primus (No, Not Prime. Yes, I Am Serious.)

cs310

that is probably the stupidest thing i've ever read. saying to release something for the general public but keep founders out. founders are part of the general public. excal prime won't be re-released. also this screams "i want to be a special flower"

I think he meant to say that everyone can have it, not just founders.

And this is showing us how dramatically bad the situation has gone.

How the problem isn't the Founder pack anymore but how it has became a question of a rift between players.

At the beginning of my post I must mention that the Idea I will give will not reduce the crying and the hate of the non-founders, but that's life: haters are going to burn with their own hatred and the crying masses will continue to drown in their own ocean of tears.

But enough of the warnings, for here's what I actually have to say:

Honestly, I would love the chance to get another version of Excalibur (separate frame, not skin) or even another Skana and/or Lato.

DO TAKE NOTE THAT I DO NOT WANT THE FOUNDER STUFF, only Different, new, fresher (and by Booben's beard, more useful) versions of the already existing weapons and frame I mentioned above.

Honestly, I care little to not at all for the prime variants, but for the Skana we still have the three other modifications and for the Lato we still have 2 more modifications that could be released via event or something. DE might be nice enough and add another version of Excalibur such as the Dragon version suggested above (ofc the model should be changed a bit) for everyone.

That way everyone can have a modified and pimped version of these weapons and the Founders will still have their shiny stuff.

Edited by TMHowler

I know, but I'd like to believe he didn't mean that, because it sounds absurd.

Sorry if you did mean that, though, SCP.

I did mean that, because that is literally the only way that things will be equal. That way founders have something that non-founders don't, and non-founders have something founders don't. Otherwise if everyone gets the item, founders will still have a one up on everyone else.

I want an equivalent to Excalibur prime, but I want ps4, Xbox One, and all pc people who never had the chance to, to have an opportunity equal to that of the founders over anything.

The only way to even justify this properly would be to provide unique replacement exclusives in exchange for the founder items, not a second rate version of them. And the only way this wouldn't repeat itself afterward is if they were purely cosmetic.

I did mean that, because that is literally the only way that things will be equal.

How exactly is this evoking equality?

"Hey guys, here's this new prime warframe available in the Void for everybody! Well, everybody except the people who paid more than $50 on his identical counterpart two years ago! Have fun!"

The situation as it is now is as close to equality as it will get. Anybody and everybody had the opportunity to buy the founders package; platform and awareness of the game is irrelevant. People who missed out have zero entitlement to any and all content within the expired founders program.

How exactly is this evoking equality?

"Hey guys, here's this new prime warframe available in the Void for everybody! Well, everybody except the people who paid more than $50 on his identical counterpart two years ago! Have fun!"

The situation as it is now is as close to equality as it will get. Anybody and everybody had the opportunity to buy the founders package; platform and awareness of the game is irrelevant. People who missed out have zero entitlement to any and all content within the expired founders program.

Not that I care about the Prime, but not everyone had the opportunity if you didn't know the game was being created then.  This game is now 2 years old.  New people join during that span.  Exclusives are dumb in my opinion. 

trade you my Excal, Lato and Skana prime for Braton and Lato Vandal (only true exclusive as the game was unknown to the wider world and it was a closed beta so getting in was doubly-hard to obtain.  Lato Vandal was the best pistol for a long time in Warframe pre damage 2.0 and even 250 dollars did not get you a better variant, would have loved to have one around update 7 or 8 when the game still had some difficulty that was not a mechanic of a mission.

I did mean that, because that is literally the only way that things will be equal. That way founders have something that non-founders don't, and non-founders have something founders don't. Otherwise if everyone gets the item, founders will still have a one up on everyone else.

I want an equivalent to Excalibur prime, but I want ps4, Xbox One, and all pc people who never had the chance to, to have an opportunity equal to that of the founders over anything.

Yes let's solve exclusivity issues with more exclusivity.

I cannot take you seriously whatsoever with this mindset - and neither can anybody else apparently.

Not that I care about the Prime, but not everyone had the opportunity if you didn't know the game was being created then.  This game is now 2 years old.  New people join during that span.  Exclusives are dumb in my opinion. 

And I wasn't around for closed beta, you don't see me screaming for the Braton Vandal...exclusives are exclusives.

And I wasn't around for closed beta, you don't see me screaming for the Braton Vandal...exclusives are exclusives.

you can keep your exclusives, i personally dont care about your founder stuff, what OP and other people are asking is for excalibur, skana, lato, with different models, different attributes, different names, but primed, so you can keep your exclusivity but giving the chance for all the players founders or non-founders to have, NOT the same things, but similar ones

Idea: release "Excailbur Prime" as an April Fools event exclusive. It's a skin for Excalibur that makes you look like Excalibur Prime... But has ads for fictional products all over it.

Honestly, I'd love something like Tiger & Bunny, but it'd be way too silly.

Which was my initiate incentive on this trail of thoughts.

Though now that I read this thread, maybe we could just have more buyable skins for Excalibur, just like the Rhino and Vauban Skins from the steam summer event 2014.

I Thought about the next summer skins and what they should be, me and a friend came up with something like 'Corrupted Excalibur' set of skins, which would be white and gold like corrupted enemies and have the shine effect. Iunno if it would still piss off people but I'd be cool with it.