Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Grakata Crits Buged

xphron

The crit mod takes the basic crit chance and multiplies it with the amount of +crit chance on your mod.

For example:
Your weapon has a crit chance of 4%
Then the mod takes this 4 %
when u put in a +crit chance by 100% it simply doubles the basic crit chance to 8%.

When the grakata has low basic crit chance, it will still suck in this point, even with a 125% + crit chance :D

This is my opinion. I may have mussunderstood something.

The crit mod takes the basic crit chance and multiplies it with the amount of +crit chance on your mod.

For example:

Your weapon has a crit chance of 4%

Then the mod takes this 4 %

when u put in a +crit chance by 100% it simply doubles the basic crit chance to 8%.

When the grakata has low basic crit chance, it will still suck in this point, even with a 125% + crit chance :D

This is my opinion. I may have mussunderstood something.

This is the right explanation. Albeit I think that grakata is supposed to be fixed in some way still.

It seems rather strange that Steve explicitly said that we should try out crit mods on it, while the Grakata doesn't have a high crit chance or crit damage at all.

Either he was confusing something there or the Grakata hasn't got the crit stats it is supposed to have.

Newbies in lvl2 loki.

I don't think we can compare lvl2 loki newbs and a gun, that requires freaking 500 alloy plates and 2 neurodes to build. I mean, we shouldn't be able to compare the two. That's sort of why it's broken, heh.

Even though the devs has said in the Live stream the main draw of the Grakata is its high crit chance. The reason its weak is also because of this. At least it can still cut down Vor...

This. Crit in this game is terrible, so the idea of basing a weapon around it already makes me question what they're doing. Even if it were buffed to have a higher crit chance, it would take a massive buff to make it worth it, and at that point they'd just be disguising it's DPS in a sense, not actually making it unique.

Unless it's like a 50% crit chance for 2 times damage, I can pretty much guarantee it's still terrible. Even then I woldn't get it, some people like a little reliability, you know? If I aim to drop an enemy with a headshot, I'd like it to work all the time, not half, or less than half of the time.

Unless it's like a 50% crit chance for 2 times damage, I can pretty much guarantee it's still terrible. Even then I woldn't get it, some people like a little reliability, you know? If I aim to drop an enemy with a headshot, I'd like it to work all the time, not half, or less than half of the time.

It could still potentially be a better alternative to just slamming it full of elemental mods. White damage isn't often mitigated unless you're tapping against armor, while a majority of your elemental mods will have severely reduced effects against certain enemy types. Potentially it might be better to invest heavily into damage and crit modifiers, while only specializing in the elements that are best against the enemies you intend to face. I'll give the crit build a shot, although it appears that the damage on the weapon information in-game hasn't shown any damage increase as stated in the patch notes. Could be an oversight, could be a mistake, or:

- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.

It actually means that crit chance AND crit damage on the Grakata were increased. So unless the numbers aren't lieing, it's entirely possible that the Grakata might have a 2x crit damage factor instead of the standard 1.5.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus