Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With Walls: Mesa Is Grindwall, Waitwall, Rng Wall

BoomyGordo

Hate to be that guy... but seriously..? did you have to put the new warframe behind a chance wall, RNG wall, AND  a grind wall?

With hydroid you could grind when ever you want as much as you want and eventually get the beacons you need. With Mesa you have to:

1. (CHANCE) hope you are online when the invasion starts

2. (RNG) hope RNG decides to put a cord reward up for one of the nodes

3. (Chance) hope you can finish your 3 runs before the node is bum rushed by every kid and his grandma like the potato nodes

4. (GRIND) after repeating steps 1 - 3 three times you get to wait an hour to craft the key.

5. (GRIND) you go kill salad V 1 time for 1 part and hope its something you dont already have.

6. (GRIND) repeat 1-5 about 20 times beacause DE still has yet to impliment a kinder RNG system.

with this current event you could litteraly spend weeks trying to get it and still not.The only thing worse is Booben because he is alert based (we have a tenno research lab, and earth is without a boss, why is booben still alert only?)

Honestly DE I have been patient and kept my mouth shut for a while, mirage is a grind/time wall but not RNG so its more berable. I haven't tried for limbo because he seems like hes a time/grind/rng wall but you went too far with Mesa.

You keep adding more and more content using a flawed system that forces players to use run content that is falsely extended through use of RNG or Time walls. Is this the new norm? Can we expect nothing but this kind of implimentation in the future? I have no problem with new bosses being added if there is a stable way for me to farm them without relying heavily on RNG. By this, Mutalist Salad is the only boss in this system and i hope to god it stays that way. Even hek is far more farmable than him. 

Correct this mistake DE, you risk loosing players over this choice of putting a grind wall and reinforcing it with an RNG wall then backing that all with a time wall.

It would be very simple to correct this in one of two diffrent ways:

1 Make containers in the mutalist alearts drop the cords instead of regular cords.

2 Make the new infested enemies drop the cords.

3 make mutalist salad the new Eris boss node (eris has no boss, why are we getting more grind wall key bosses when a node is empty of bosses?)

I apologize if my post seems bashing, but i refuse to censor my honest oppinion anymore for the sake of political correctness. The game is amazing and has alot of potential but im god awful tired of being forced to have to do MMORPG levels of grinding to get the new content and then have said grind be called "endgame".

i offered 3 solutions at the end. If that isnt enough to ward off a warning point for my brashness then oh well.

EDIT: added back in sentences remove by mods but without the profanity in them

Edited by --Strider-Hiryu--
Language

I like how you pronounce yourself that frank, there are a lot of questions in WF that deserve a WHAT THE F***.

I dont know... on the one side you know that devs have to earn money by making content accessible harder to normal players, but on the other side, if the market wouldnt be that horribly overpriced and, which is more important, if the content wouldnt TORTURE normal players to get their stuff, things and maybe even money income for DE would be better.

I mean right now I feel bashed in the face everytime a new prime frame comes out because they are so horribly hard to get that it hurts. Same for eltyron or the archwing weapons, needed about 100 runs (no sheer exaggeration, im serious) on mars to get that velocitus.

You just need to find 1 solutions.

How can DE monetize new content (get people to buy the new stuff) without grind or waiting.

Fix cost of rushing foundry...make it scale with time and quality of item. Then ofc have a good alternate helmet and immortal skin and more accessories. Relying on selling the warframe and weapons itself is a failed attempt.

I completely agree, all these walls are clearly designed to make it so annoying that you give up and buy the thing... i always say the same, design choices need to be made around positive ideas not negative ones, i think we need to want to buy the thing, not being punished for not buying it and giving up because the grind is too incredibly annoying, in my case i still do not completely understand the whole process to get the new Warframe this time around...

Also please edit your post and take all the unnecessary "profane" words because you are providing an interesting analysis of the situation it would be a pity if this got locked just for some unfortunate wording.

but seriously..? did you have to put the new warframe behind a chance wall, RNG wall, AND  a grind wall?

With hydroid you could grind when ever you want as much as you want and eventually get the beacons you need. With Mesa you have to:

1. (CHANCE) hope you are online when the invasion starts

2. (RNG) hope RNG decides to put a cord reward up for one of the nodes

3. (Chance) hope you can finish your 3 runs before the node is bum rushed by every kid and his grandma like the potato nodes

4. (GRIND) after repeating steps 1 - 3 three times you get to wait an hour to craft the key.

5. (GRIND) you go kill salad V 1 time for 1 part and hope its something you dont already have.

6. (GRIND) repeat 1-5 about 20 times beacause DE still has yet to impliment a kinder RNG system.

with this current event you could litteraly spend weeks trying to get it and still not. This is @(*()$ bullS#&$. The only thing worse is Booben because he is alert based (HELLOOOOOO?! EARTH DOESN'T HAVE A SET BOSS NODE AND WE HAVE A TENNO LAB, WHY THE F*** IS BOOBEN STILL ALEART ONLY!?)

Honestly DE I have been patient and kept my mouth shut for a while, mirage is a grind/time wall but not RNG so its more berable. I haven't tried for limbo because he seems like hes a time/grind/rng wall but you went too far with Mesa.

You keep adding more and more content using a flawed system that forces players to use run content that is falsely extended through use of RNG or Time walls. Is this the new norm? Can we expect nothing but this kind of implimentation in the future? I have no problem with new bosses being added if there is a stable way for me to farm them without relying heavily on RNG. By this, Mutalist Salad is the only boss in this system and i hope to god it stays that way. Even hek is far more farmable than him. 

Correct this mistake DE, you risk loosing players over this BS choice of putting a grind wall and reinforcing it with an RNG wall then backing that all with a time wall.

It would be very simple to correct this in one of two diffrent ways:

1 Make containers in the mutalist alearts drop the cords instead of regular cords.

2 Make the new infested enemies drop the cords.

3 make mutalist salad the new Eris boss node (ITS WITHOUT A @(*()$ BOSS ALSO, WHY THE F*** ARE WE GETTING MORE AND MORE GRIND WALL KEY BOSSES WHEN NODES ARE EMPTY!?)

I apologize if my post seems bashing, but i refuse to censor my honest oppinion anymore for the sake of political correctness. The game is amazing and has alot of potential but im god awful tired of being forced to have to do MMORPG levels of grinding to get the new content and then have said grind be called "endgame".

i offered 3 solutions at the end. If that isnt enough to ward off a warning point for my brashness then oh well.

Vauban works the same

I completely agree, all these walls are clearly designed to make it so annoying that you give up and buy the thing... i always say the same, design choices need to be made around positive ideas not negative ones, i think we need to want to buy the thing, not being punished for not buying it and giving up because the grind is too incredibly annoying, in my case i still do not completely understand the whole process to get the new Warframe this time around...

Also please edit your post and take all the unnecessary "profane" words because you are providing an interesting analysis of the situation it would be a pity if this got locked just for some unfortunate wording.

i wish i could take the profanity out but i am legitimatly pissed and put off by these decisions. i have almost completely quit warframe before when the released the limbo wall and then i see all this new content and get excited and then cant use any of it due the it all being behind a grindwall. Im a grand master, i bought the first two prime acesses, both highest tier and have bought platinum on multiple occasions, i wanted to buy but couldnt buy the last two due to my financial situation declineing. I can say with certainty now that i wont be buying any more plat if this trend continues. if its DEs way of getting me to buy more into the game its going to backfire tremendously.

You keep adding more and more content using a flawed system that forces players to use run content that is falsely extended through use of RNG or Time walls. Is this the new norm? Can we expect nothing but this kind of implimentation in the future? 

Quite frankly yes DE has been doing this since U10* at least and they escalate the amount of grind and RNG you have to go through to get to all the new content every update.

*they could have been doing this earlier as well but the tail end of U9 is when I started playing and I don't know much about what happened before then

"WHY ARE WE GETTING MORE AND MORE GRIND WALL KEY BOSSES WHEN NODES ARE EMPTY!?"

This. Although I'm not as angry.  The point is indisputable.  (Lore/events can be introduced without forcing us to wait behind RNG walls)

Also, besides the OP levels of the Mars Archwing for Limbo quest, I got all his parts in an hour so he wasn't a grind luckily.

Still no Hydroid...

Edited by Lanieu

Lephantis is the reworked golem

Actually J3 is in the works for an archwing boss although we dont know where it will be (assuming it'll be an old boss node and not a new one). They made note of that a couple dev streams ago

That said, Im a firm believer that Eris and earth still need bosses and with Alad V turning into an infested boss I fear what will happen to the current Alad V boss on Jupiter. I suppose Alad could take a page from the Grineer and clone himself so the clone becomes the new infested Alad but Im still worried with how Jupiters going to turn out

I reckon after event s over DE will make it so there are more of the new mobs in normal missions that drop beacons then it will be just like farming for hydroid. DE probably wants to take this opportunity to get as much money as possible right now with people going crazy over the new frame.

I agree with your points definitely OP but to say DE is gonna lose a lot of players over this is overexaggerated. The only players they will lose are those impatient ones.

Impatient players and players that actually have lives. If you work a full time job no way in hell will you get Mesa for months unless RNGesus blesses you or you buy her

Grind for the sake of grind isn't gameplay. A lot of people say this is a grind game, but it's not. In a grind game, grinding gives you measurable progress towards a goal. Warframe doesn't do that. In Warframe, your grind can be just 4 missions, or 4000 missions. That's not a grind game. That's poor design.

I wish DE would think about things other than RNG, or mobile game mechanics like timers to artificially extend the game. A real grind, like , "get X amounts of resource y to process to step z," where progress is measurable and steady is easy to tolerate. This fake grind where we're told, "do this over and over until the right number comes up, then build this and wait for 12 hours," gets old fast.